Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok first off. Responding to Steveeroo:

You are pathetic in saying this is WoW with Lightsabers...if you EVER EVER EVER played other MMOs such as AOC, rift, EQ....they use a similar MMO model in each case for their game....WOW and SWTOR are no different when it comes to that model.

Second thing: Bioware added the RPG back into the MMORPG. if you don't like the full immersion of story that SWTOR gives you...then by all means please stay unsubscribed...my GOD this game has been out for three weeks and people cry out in agony because of a game that can and WILL compete will WoW.

I've played wow since beta all the way till Cataclysm...there were many shitty things in the beginnning (Need i remind ret pallys vanilla, Farming for countless hours, bugged dungeon instances) Every game in the beginning has its problem and its Pathetic of you to be saying such statements.

Sure, i see the glaring problems with SWTOR, but its nothing they can't fix. If you're looking for a revolutionary change in MMO gaming, then you are in the wrong place sir.

At least i will be having a fun time playing this game. No i'm not a fanboy, but i'm sure as hell open to trying new games out. And Bioware has done a great job so far IMO.
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2012-01-07 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Ok first off. Responding to Steveeroo:

You are pathetic in saying this is WoW with Lightsabers...if you EVER EVER EVER played other MMOs such as AOC, rift, EQ....they use a similar MMO model in each case for their game....WOW and SWTOR are no different when it comes to that model.

Second thing: Bioware added the RPG back into the MMORPG. if you don't like the full immersion of story that SWTOR gives you...then by all means please stay unsubscribed...my GOD this game has been out for three weeks and people cry out in agony because of a game that can and WILL compete will WoW.

I've played wow since beta all the way till Cataclysm...there were many shitty things in the beginnning (Need i remind ret pallys vanilla, Farming for countless hours, bugged dungeon instances) Every game in the beginning has its problem and its Pathetic of you to be saying such statements.

Sure, i see the glaring problems with SWTOR, but its nothing they can't fix. If you're looking for a revolutionary change in MMO gaming, then you are in the wrong place sir.

At least i will be having a fun time playing this game. No i'm not a fanboy, but i'm sure as hell open to trying new games out. And Bioware has done a great job so far IMO.
    TLR basically person is saying YOU'RE PATHETIC FOR SAYING WOW WITH LIGHTSABERS blah blah blah does not give a reason why just a crappy mocking blow.

Ok reasons why it is wow with lightsabers;
    Classes the classes are basic cut and paste of mechanics of classes from wow. Sith I healing is exactly the same as druid, Bouty hunter bodyguard IS A SHAMAN it even fucking has a move that is called earth shield ffs. Warriors play same, you get the drift.
    2, end game, it is the same do dailies for lockbox of credits, I thought this end game was amazing it is the same as all other mmos.
    4, Art style, it is basically using Wows art style because it can run on older systems because it is easy on the eyes and is somewhat similar to the Clone Wars style.
    4, quests, nuff said over grandiose ways of doing x of x and y of y standard mmo practise, So where was this in depth story where 95% of quests are I don't give a flying fuck stuff unrelated to story and 5% of your actual class. And oh wait lets go to alts "Every different class has an exciting and fresh, immersive story." Yeah ok... if you count the class quest as story which only totals to 5%. No that is not unique, unique demands everything is different so this is a lie, a flat out hype generating lie.
    P.S the aspect of moral or choice is an absolute farce because you have to pick one or the other to progress to TEH GOODZ LOOTZ

RPG ohhhhhhhh lord, no this does not add RPG if you want an RPG MMORPG play Dungeons and Dragons, it's pretty good. SWOR does everything the same but tries to hard to add RPG but in a closer analysis it falls apart simply due to a) why are you adding this overall - nothing cutscenes aid nothing, they do not innovate overall they don't make it new and fresh it just adds the premise OF.

P.S there are no true RPG MMOs they are all bound by certain rules.

So you replier ARE PATHETIC that my opinion on wow with lightsabers is unfounded, it comes with playing mmos for 12 years

Next..

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Svetyac View Post
    Personaly I do not play SWOR cause I can't find the time to play two MMO's though I'd like to.

But SWOR is actualy the first game that is able to coexist with WoW and pull out respectable number of subscribers which I think is feat on it's own.
    Oh don't worry they'll fall the game is lack lustre and overhyped to freaking infinity

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I can't believe this thread still isn't locked, but I can't help but laugh at all the ignorance in this thread:

considering they spent 400 millionits so dated
    I love how all the h8ers make numbers up as they go, at first it was 100 mil, then 150 mil, then 200 mil, 300 mil and now its 400? I mean...... Wow! rofl!!! Get you facts straight, BW spent EA spent 80 mil on this project.

Ok reasons why it is wow with lightsabers;
    Classes the classes are basic cut and paste of mechanics of classes from wow. Sith I healing is exactly the same as druid, Bouty hunter bodyguard IS A SHAMAN it even fucking has a move that is called earth shield ffs. Warriors play same, you get the drift.
    2, end game, it is the same do dailies for lockbox of credits, I thought this end game was amazing it is the same as all other mmos.
    4, Art style, it is basically using Wows art style because it can run on older systems because it is easy on the eyes and is somewhat similar to the Clone Wars style.
    4, quests, nuff said over grandiose ways of doing x of x and y of y standard mmo practise, So where was this in depth story where 95% of quests are I don't give a flying fuck stuff unrelated to story and 5% of your actual class. And oh wait lets go to alts "Every different class has an exciting and fresh, immersive story." Yeah ok... if you count the class quest as story which only totals to 5%. No that is not unique, unique demands everything is different so this is a lie, a flat out hype generating lie.
    P.S the aspect of moral or choice is an absolute farce because you have to pick one or the other to progress to TEH GOODZ LOOTZ
    And lemme tell you why WoW is Everquest in Azeroth:

1 - There's stats, level ups, equipement and a world to explore
    2- there's endgame raids
    3- There's classes
    4- there's quests
    5- You pay a monthly fee.

OH WAIT! Now if I didn't know better I'd say all the other games in the genre were similar AMIRITE?!

I'm tired of hearing people say "WoW with lightsabers, ToR ripped off WoW, lol there's raids so its a WoW carbon copy!" WoW is a descendant from a long line of mmo's prior to its birth. But since 95% of the people in this forums are below 16, I honestly don't blame the ignorance.

After nearly 7 years of Playing WoW, and still being Subbed to it, I have given it no time in the last few weeks as I've only played SW:TOR.

SW:TOR gives me all the things I loved in WoW, PLUS a story and immersion and a feeling of actually accomplishing something in game when I kill a big bad.

Having a reason why im killing the final boss of an instance and actually having a conversation with them pre-fight makes it feel so much better.

especially when you meet a dick of a villian an you be a dick back to him before killing him.

Feelsgoodman, will definitely recommend this game to everyone i know.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Until you hit 90 you cannot. And it's funny because everyone was nearly screaming for flying mounts in Azeroth after we got it in BC and Wrath. Blizzard, before announcing Cataclysm, said it would take too many resources to do because they essentially had to rebuild the entire world.

Cataclysm comes out, people can fly, and what are the reactions? "WAAAAAAAAAA WORLD PVP IS DEAD BECAUSE I CAN'T CAMP SOMEBODY AFTER I'VE KILLED THEM."

No...it really does not. Why? Because it's the exact same game without the innovations Blizzard added to make life easier for everyone taken out.
    Too bad hitting 90 will probably take 10 hours, like hitting 85. That decision won't change anything at all. The world will still feel tiny because of flying mounts, but apparently that's what you guys want.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

world PvP is dead, and always has been, because

1. there is very little motivation (aside from the euphora some get by ganking)

2. Its not a level playing field. Even 1 or 2 levels advantage is pretty overwhelming, 5+ levels and you may as well go get a drink. Then theres the issue of awareness, If anyone says they wander the world doing whatever and constantly scan all around them... they are lieing. When someone waits for you to pull a mob, then charges you, or casts from 30 yards, or a rogue appears, your done, you havent got a chance other than to blow an escape and reset yourself to face the foe.

And I hope you wander around in resist gear as well.

Whats the idea here anyway? take 1000 people and scatter 50 into each zone and hope people stumble into each other? Is that as much fun as it sounds like?

World PvP is a dream, it fails in reality for many reasons.

anyway, As blizzard has already said, the solution to the problems is unlimited content, which is impossible. The world is empty because everyones already played the world. Back in vanilla, the world was awesome... people everywhere, thats an atmosphere that I suspect SWTOR is enjoying now, but it will pass, years of programming will be beaten, and that game will be at the mercy of the speed of updates same as WoW.

fleet pass to vaiken space dock, space ship to planet. 10 minutes to planet A
    You know what happened when I "fleet passed" on my SI? I spent 20 mins looking for the quest npc on fleet, then went back to DK, took my ship to SF and behold, npc magically shows up. And yes, I used bind stones. In fact I used them 2-3 times in each of those "sequences", what does that tell you when you spend 1h+ to do 3-4 small quests just because of pointless running around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    You know what happened when I "fleet passed" on my SI? I spent 20 mins looking for the quest npc on fleet, then went back to DK, took my ship to SF and behold, npc magically shows up. And yes, I used bind stones. In fact I used them 2-3 times in each of those sequences, what does that tell you when you spend 1h+ to do 3-4 small sequences just because of pointless running around?
    why did it take you 20 minutes to find the quest npc on the fleet? It tells me your lost or it was a bug, which is fine its a new game. Resources are available to you to help you if your lost.

www.torhead.com

You know what happened when I "fleet passed" on my SI? I spent 20 mins looking for the quest npc on fleet, then went back to DK, took my ship to SF and behold, npc magically shows up. And yes, I used bind stones. In fact I used them 2-3 times in each of those "sequences", what does that tell you when you spend 1h+ to do 3-4 small quests just because of pointless running around?
    That you have ADD and should probably go play COD?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Try to wear your glasses when going out, you know you are blind like a mole without them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Buy it, treat it like what it is, don't burn yourself out by skipping everything and rushing to endgame, and you'll have a great experience.
    This is how I would approach it. At least it is how I will approach it when I finally buy it

10+ Year Old Account
    leveling im loving it. probably gonna hit 50 tomorrow. that said i dont know what the hell im going to do then because i REALLY dont feel like farming flashpoints and i sure as hell dont feel a need to go back and visit the planets again.

ill have to wait and see though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I must ask...what does WoW having "waaay more problems" back in the days have to do with SWTOR having issues now? We're looking at a 7 year gap here, aren't we? And 2 completely different games...one does not exclude the other, and one (the newer) sure as hell ain't killing the older no matter how people wish for it.
    Careful. There's still plenty of time for wow to keep declining and for SWTOR to keep getting better and better. Nothing is ever certain. Nobody stays at the top forever.

That said, I've never had more fun in a game than I'm having in SWTOR. Amazing.

To all the morons that felt the need to tell me to get glasses, npc doesn't activate when you port there, you need to arrive via ship -> SI hangar. And it was reported long time ago, not fixed because apparently some fat suit thinks the game needs to be ______________________ long, ____________ doesn't cut it.
    Stop spewing obvious shit when you have no idea what you talk about, useless drones.

Maybe you also want to explain how it gets past QA department that one of Mako's abilities keeps turning on whenever she spawns (dismount, returning from crafting, w/e).
    Last edited by abijax; 2012-01-07 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently everyone can't have a discussion without completely insulting/raging on each other....about a video game.

So, closing.