Thread: monk heals

monk heals

Iv yet to play d3 yet but from what im reading it seems the monk is the only class that can heal others so would that make the monk more desiredfor groups especially on the harder difficulties.

It goes through spirit like nobody's business, and most groups are based around efficient farming, so having a dedicated healer would be pretty crappy. It's basically just an oh-shit button for the Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by astroglide View Post
    Iv yet to play d3 yet but from what im reading it seems the monk is the only class that can heal others so would that make the monk more desiredfor groups especially on the harder difficulties.
    Probably not "desired". Remember it is not a mmo wher you make a group before going somewhere.

May it be good to have a monk for 4 players heal and buffs ? Maybe. Is it required ? I doubt it.

Paladins were also able to heal others in D2 using Holy Bolt, and I never, ever saw anyone do that. I don't know, if D3 is anything like D2, healing will be incredibly less efficient than just killing.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by astroglide View Post
    The Monks Heal uses 1/3 of his Spirit for about 20%Health

Healing's just there to make the Monk more unique and make them function a bit differently, that's about it. No need for a dedicated healer in a Diablo game, you just kill stuff. It's a nice little bonus, but nothing more.