Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Man so excited for the final confrontation with Deathwing...'s tentacles. It saddens me that the final boss of the entire expansion consist of 2 add based encounter. I wanted to fight deathwing himself, not his blood!
    This...
    I wanted to fight & kill that big badass dragon, not some trash on his back and his... leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I hated the fact that the dungeon itself is just in Dragonblight, 2 underground mouth area's, EoE, gunship, Deathwing's back and Maelstrom is. Only Deathwing's back is ''new'' content
    I don't understand how people don't get that it would be silly just to have Deathwing waiting in another dressed up tunnel. Deathwing is raiding us for the first 5 bosses, at least. The whole expansion is about him destroying the world, and he's not going to do it by twiddling his thumbs in some cave.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    warmaster heroic is very much an awareness fight, apart from that clicking a button check style fights are getting old.
    The whole reason for doing those kind of mechanics is that they're mechanics that don't require specific class skills.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    worst raid ever, now firelands seems like an awesome raid. Ragnaros was a really good final boss. DS just feels like wrong and boring, including hcs. I hope diablo 3 is soon released and I will come back for the next expansion
    Firelands was awesome. So is Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    In my opinion, normal is fine, heroic is fine, but LFR is waaaay to easy. It seriously is even easier as doing the VoA bosses.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Everyone can easily join in the Raid Finder tool and kill Deathwing without any effort, the normal and heroic modes have nothing to add, of course Dragon Soul gonna became boring and hated, raid isn't that epic content anymore...

Overall, having only defeated the LFR versions of Deathwing(Currently my guild is working on Spine normal progression), I will say that Deathwing himself is my main disappointment with the Dragonsoul raid.

1st of all, on Spine...I just feel like I can't zoom the camera out enough to really get the feel that I'm on DWs back flying through the air. DW himself is just so huge...insanely so, compared to having seen him(In Dragon form)in the Twilight Highlands quest, when he toasts zones and even during the Well of Eternity 5 man.
    Probably the best example of this, for me, are the barrel rolls. It never feels like struggle to stay on his back, and unless you look at the sky background (which I'm pretty sure tanks and healers don't really get a chance to see, and even me as a melee DPS can barely see), it feels like nothing happens save that adds and unsecured players float away.
    I did notice that the sky AROUND DW scrolls, but DW himself takes up so much of the screen you can't really see it.
    I guess I just expected to see DW himself spin....but apparently he's so tough "Deathwing does not spin, he spins the world!" :P

I think I'd have preferred it if Deathwing himself was a little smaller. In fact, I always pictured the spine to be just as phase rather than a whole fight in it is, with the emphasis on being a struggle to stay connected as Deathwing spun around at random times (Rather than players only spinning by mistake, but otherwise when we choose for it).
    And of course the location means we get no impression of fighting DW while flying over the world. We're basically in a generic ocean of clouds.
    The current spine feels more like a battle against adds than a battle against DW himself.

That's how I feel about Madness as well, as it really does feel like all I'm fighting are adds. While I KNOW that I'm fighting DWs limbs...it just doesn't look and feel like I am fighting him, even tho I see his face bobbing around in the background.

And when his face does drop down for the last phase, its so huge it again doesn't look like I'm fighting Deathwing, but just...some big generic thing. With half the time against spent fighting adds!
    It just seems to me that Blizz wanted to try and make the fight seem epic, so they just made DW too big.

My last complaint is...why no human form fight with Deathwing? His human form seems so WASTED being that its only used, as far as I know, in one quest in the badlands(An awesome quest...but still a low level leveling quest). I was hoping to be able to fight his human form in some fashion.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2011-12-23 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Spelling Corrections
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Bosses are quite good, the actual raid instance layout is horrible. Segmented with too much portalling from place to place rather than any sort of travel flow. Rehashed areas are more dull and familiar than they are nostalgic. Not to even mention that 4 minute drake gauntlet. But I've enjoyed the bosses so far (or at least as far as I've seen in heroic), the significance of deathwings appearance doesn't bother me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    I don't understand how people don't get that it would be silly just to have Deathwing waiting in another dressed up tunnel. Deathwing is raiding us for the first 5 bosses, at least. The whole expansion is about him destroying the world, and he's not going to do it by twiddling his thumbs in some cave.

In the "Night of the Dragon" book, Deathwing lives (or at least lived) in Grim Batol. If Blizzard would have put forth the effort, there could have been one epic raid inside the mountain that Grim Batol is in...and no without re-using the 5-man instance part of Grim Batol. It would have been epic for the heroes, along with the Aspects, to come knocking on Neltharion's door.

Instead we got re-hashed content (minus Spine), which has been the theme of this expansion, and it appears, the next one as well. I'm speculating that Blizzard is gearing WoW down in anticipation of Titan in December of 2013.
    Last edited by ablib; 2011-12-24 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not usually one to complain about what is often perceived as recycled content, but Dragon Soul really takes the mick. It feels so forced, was there really any need to have a fight in the Eye of Eternity, inside the the Maws of the Go'Rath and whatever the other one is called and the alliance gunship? No, not really. Mochok and Ultraxion I don't mind too much since the feeling there is that you are taking back and defending the temple, but otherwise it's just silly.

But what winds me up even more is that despite being nearly fully bis after Firelands, I've been forced to run LFR in order to stay competitive. I don't mind so much on alts but I really resent having to do it on my main. Doing the same bosses, the same trash, etc etc several times a week is just making the place so tedious already.

Deleted
    The whole scenery for this raid is just a big let down. The well of eternity is certainly more exciting to walk around then DS. The whole raid doesn't feel like end content due to re-used scenery and models. I'm only on 3/8 heroic so far and mechanics are fine but the bosses are just not exciting. Indeed spine and madness don't feel like the epic encounter blizz was talking about in the previews. Having to do this instance untill the expansion hits is probably not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    I really REALLY don't enjoy fights like gunship and spine where I'm fighting trash. They aren't fun to me. Hagara is kind of lame too. I like the first three fights + ultraxion at least.
    I definitely have to agree with this. Waves of adds suck.

I also have to disagree with the op's statement that there's really good lore... which just isn't true. There are no new revelations about N'zoth or the old gods, despite there being a massive influence, and then we're supposed to be happy having only killed Deathwing, ignoring the fact that he's only a pawn and nobody seems to even care about the N'zoth problem despite being shown very clearly only a tiny fraction of his massive power and influence, and still almost being overwhelmed.

The extent of the lore I got from this is "Deathwing is corrupted, oh wait you already knew that. He's really super-duper corrupted! TENTACLES! Oh by the way the expansion ends with a massive storyline completely unresolved and basically untouched, have fun."

10+ Year Old Account
    Reasonable observations, though I find the fights to be plenty interesting. I think you're right in saying that this is why a lot of people found the fights to be underwhelming though.

I thought the whole point of playing a game was for fun. What would happen if Blizz let all the damn players design how they make their boss fights?

I never got the feeling of "woah, this is difficult!" and I miss it. As mentioned, it's all about execution rather than being on your toes. The Deathwing fights are just meh, I wanted to fight a bigass dragon, not his adds. The fights are just underwhelming.

First 4 bosses are horrendous, I already struggle with having to do it weekly, hating it, just hoping to join Hagara, always leaving before Yor'shaj, such a long and boring fight, not to mention the stupid and overextended period of killing the trash before him. Ultraxion is dead boring as DPS, I can imagine it's otherwise for healers and tanks though. Blackhorn is just stack in purple in phase 1, phase 2 get away from purple and pretend your fighting a warrior in pvp. Spine is cool enough, but a little too repetive, it doesn't quite hold up to having to do the same thing 3 times. Madness is the best fight, but really dissapointing, really expected something beyond epic for Deathwing, this is like just fighting trash mobs at a reused location. I was really looking forward to see how the place we fought Deathwing at would look like, and even though it makes sense it's in the Maelstrom I was hoping for underneath the earth at some godforsaken molten place that is falling apart while we fight Deathwing, not his tentacles, but Deathwing!

It seems like Blizzard is following the same thing per expansion, atleast my opinion:

TBC:

Release Content = Awesome (Just the sheer amount of raids were unbelievable)
    First Patch Raid = Best of the expansion (Black Temple)
    Last Patch Raid = Dissapointing (Sunwell, too many Blood Elves, too little demon)

Wotlk:

Release Content = Awesome (Malygos' fight was groundbreaking back then)
    First Patch Raid = Best of the expansion (Ulduar, no contest)
    Last Patch Raid = Dissapointing (Icecrown Citadel, I expected it to be creepy and frigthening like Naxx was in lvl 60, but it became a joke with Rotface, Putricide, Marrowgar sounding like a douche, Sindragosa ugh, Blood Council quotes like ''My cup runneth over'' and ''Naxxanar was merely a setback'', atleast Lich King was worth it)

Cataclysm:

Release Content = Awesome (God I love Nefarian)
    First Patch Raid = Best of the expansion (God I love Ragnaros even more!)
    Last Patch Raid = Dissapointing (Read above)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    In my opinion, normal is fine, heroic is fine, but LFR is waaaay to easy. It seriously is even easier as doing the VoA bosses.
    No. As easy as DS LFR is, nothing beats Archavon the Lootwatcher and his other Loot fests.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2011-12-24 at 11:15 AM.