Thread: Good ol' Amazon

10+ Year Old Account

Good ol' Amazon

First of, I know this probably is the best place to put this, but I just gotta vent, I'm sure some of you will understand, oh and this will probably be a long one so go grab a soda or something..

I ordered late-ish, November 23rd, I ordered both the CE and standard edition, CE for me and standard for a friend and payed for premium 5-day shipping. So I get an email on the 16th saying they've both been shipped and should arrive around 21st - 22nd which is cool it's before the EA ends so shouldn't lose any game time. The 21st arrives and I get a knock on my door, it's the delivery man and I notice he's holding a rather small package (don't make the joke..), I asked if that was all and he said yes that's all he had and I explained to him I ordered both at the same time so they should both arrive at the same time, he tells me that if it don't get the CE by the 22nd to contact the delivery service DHL. So at around 4pm on the 22nd I ring DHL and basically say "Yo WTF, where's my CE?" at which point the guy tells me that they'll do an inquiry which will take 24hrs, all good I can probably live without playing for 24hrs. Next day rolls around I get a call at 10am with the results, apparently according to him my CE hasn't even left Indianapolis, you can imagine what I was going through at this point if not, I was furious, he goes on and tells me it's a fuck up on Amazon's end and that I have to deal with them.

So here we are, just called Amazon and never have I had to deal with such retarded support in my life. First I do a live chat with some Indian who can barely speak a word of English, tells me he can't do hack and that I have to ring this number, I ring it and after 30minutes of waiting I get someone who tells me I've called the wrong place, yep, so they put me on hold for another 10minutes while they direct me through to the correct department and what do ya know, I get someone who sounds to me like a preadolescence child, I explain to him my situation and that all they need to do is contact DHL in Indianapolis and tell them to come pick this up, but no, he doesn't see it that way, he tells me it's not there problem until the original ETA date (before Bioware changed it) of the 28th or I can cancel the order now, wait 6-10days for a refund and order again and then wait another week for it to arrive, at this point I was ready to explode and I explain to him again and again and again that all he has to do is contact DHL, this goes on for about 15min until I say "Fuck it", I canceled the order and told them I want a refund and I was going to just go to a 3rd party site to get an online key.

But, it isn't all bad news, a friend of mine who was at my house at the time of the call heard it all, she plays the game too and has had trouble with Amazon in the past so she understood what I was going through, she noticed that Amazon had a few CE's available and was kind enough to buy one for me so not all is lost!

TL;DR Amazon are complete retard's with horrible customer support.

Date Time Location Event Details
    December 19, 2011 06:31:00 PM Perth XX AU Delivered
    December 19, 2011 12:51:00 AM Perth XX AU Completed customs clearance process
    December 19, 2011 12:35:00 AM Perth XX AU Arrival Scan
    December 18, 2011 09:34:00 AM Hong Kong XX HK Arrival Scan
    December 18, 2011 12:09:00 AM Hong Kong XX HK Completed customs clearance process
    December 17, 2011 04:51:00 PM Hong Kong XX HK Arrival Scan
    December 16, 2011 02:20:00 AM Cincinnati Hub OH US Arrival Scan
    December 15, 2011 02:20:00 PM Harrisburg PA US Arrival Scan
    December 15, 2011 02:35:00 PM Harrisburg PA US Shipment received by carrier

I wonder why they sent it to Indianapolis that makes no sense seeing as you're in SA...

I have nothing but good things to say about amazon. They always give me release date delivery for the stuff I preorder, they are great about giving refunds(I had a headset for a year, and was able to return it for a full refund), and the prices are great. Maybe you were just unlucky.