Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...

Did I miss something?

Ok.. newb question here, I've followed all the quests and Killed the skeleton king... a big message appeared on my screen and said "congratulations you have beaten the daiblo 3 beta" seriously is that it or am I missing something? I'd really like to test out higher level stuff, see more of the game etc, surely they can;t base all their testing on what seems to be part of act 1?

That's the entire beta and all there will be until the full game is released. They don't need you to test the later content; they have in-house testers for that. You're just there for stress testing and PR, mainly.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, wont bother then, its nothing but a glorified demo, the SWTOR beta was amazing.. this is such a huge let down

Deleted
    It's beta testing. You are supposted to be helping them. They are not supposed to be impressing you by showing you the game. If they only feel that the first part is necessary for their tests, you should be happy to help out with testing what they want you to test... not moan that you didn't get to see everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It's beta testing. You are supposted to be helping them. They are not supposed to be impressing you by showing you the game. If they only feel that the first part is necessary for their tests, you should be happy to help out with testing what they want you to test... not moan that you didn't get to see everything!
    what it said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant see how testing the same miniscule part of the game that every other beta tester has tested since the beta started will help them at all. I cant even fully test out the abilities. I was under the impression that reports and gameplay questionaires were part of current beta practice, I never got one in the time I spent on D3, Whilst testing swtor, they popped up after almsot every mission and everytime you logged out. This isnt testing as far as I'm concerned, its a glorified demo to make BLizz look good, but it has failed miserably. Blizz needs to take several pages out of EA/biowares book on beta testing. This is nothing more than a demo you get on the cover of a magazine... not a BETA imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I cant see how testing the same miniscule part of the game that every other beta tester has tested since the beta started will help them at all. I cant even fully test out the abilities. I was under the impression that reports and gameplay questionaires were part of current beta practice, I never got one in the time I spent on D3, Whilst testing swtor, they popped up after almsot every mission and everytime you logged out. This isnt testing as far as I'm concerned, its a glorified demo to make BLizz look good, but it has failed miserably. Blizz needs to take several pages out of EA/biowares book on beta testing. This is nothing more than a demo you get on the cover of a magazine... not a BETA imo.
    No, no, just no.

Beta does not and should not mean a testing for the entire game. They're testing out the basics while in-house testers can do the latter.

You weren't in the beta to test out the game content, you were in it to test out their servers and functionality.
    lol, the above post got in right before me

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Then its not a real beta then eh? If all your doing is testing part of act I.. what can they possibly get out of that? Most of your issues are going to come later with the combination of various abilities you gain as you lvl.

However being mostly a glorified single player game ( and dont take this wrong, I love Diablo but thats what it is) I guess they dont really need much of a beta anyway. IF they arent even allowing feed back as the OP said then it is pretty much a glorified Demo to drum up interest. Thats ok and perfectly acceptable but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Then its not a real beta then eh? If all your doing is testing part of act I.. what can they possibly get out of that? Most of your issues are going to come later with the combination of various abilities you gain as you lvl.

However being mostly a glorified single player game ( and dont take this wrong, I love Diablo but thats what it is) I guess they dont really need much of a beta anyway. IF they arent even allowing feed back as the OP said then it is pretty much a glorified Demo to drum up interest. Thats ok and perfectly acceptable but it is what it is.
    I have to agree. If it was really a beta then they would give people the ability to report bugs, and give suggestions. That is what defines a beta. Without those, they are saying that part of the game is done and they don't need any more suggestions, and there are no bugs. That equals a demo. And is technically false advertising.

Beta forum includes bug report subsection where you can report your findings. You want an in-game bug report feature? That takes time to implement, because it's not native tool to games like WoW or SWTOR. There are aspects of the game that's better tested both internally and by beta testers, such as Auction House, Achievements, Login, Character Creations, Server Stress test, Hardware Compatibility, etc.

And before you start thinking "oh man i'm catching all these bugs", no, you are not some unique and awesome snowflake that's finding bugs, most of that are reported are KNOWN ISSUES.

Deleted
    Most non-mmos do not have an open-beta anyway. You don't get people moaning that they didn't get to play Assassin's Creed through as a beta, or Skyrim, or any other game.... With diablo they do not need to test the actual game mechanics, they have in-house testers/closed beta players who can playthrough the game no problem. What they need as a multiplayer-online game is stress testing, server testing, connection testing, hardware testing, etc. and that can be done in the first few hours of play without basically giving away an entire game for free.

Read the above post ^

Seriously guys... -_-

meh, wont bother then, its nothing but a glorified demo, the SWTOR beta was amazing.. this is such a huge let down
    lol so you want to paly he game for free so you dont have to buy it rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Big difference between testing an MMO and a game like D3. What do you want? The whole game to test?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    lol so you want to paly he game for free so you dont have to buy it rofl
    annual pass ... so i get it for free anyway.. try again

Jesus. It's not like this is a freaking MMO or anything.

How many non-MMO's have you played that offer up the entire game during public betas? It's a single player, hack and slash, action RPG with multiplayer elements. Why would they give away the entire story during the beta? Why even bother playing the game in its release if you played the full game during Beta?

annual pass ... so i get it for free anyway.. try again
    It's not free, they're getting you to pay 168$ to play two games, if you decide not to pay the full 168$ they take it away from you, and then you're given the option to buy it for 69$ or whatever it costs retail. Nothing is free, it's a good deal if you're going to play wow anyway, but for those of us that were thinking about leaving the game it's just going to secure blizzards revenue for an entire year which i'm sure is a major concern when you're running a MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Is the NDA still going? Yes thats the only quest series you can do and you can only hit level 13.

Deleted
    cummon i want diablo 3 on the market !!