Thread: ElvUI chat bug

ElvUI chat bug

Hello, Id like to say, im sorry if this topic is in the wrong thread, and if it its, tell me the correct thread to put this in.

Lets get started shall we?

I just Updated my Elvui Addon on 12-23-11, and all my things got reset, as i expected. but after updating the current version, im geting a chat UI error bug.

For example

When I try and post an item in trade chat, 1: The item doesnt show, and 2: neither is my name. Its just a blank line where my message would of been.

So im just here to see if anybody else is having this bug aswell?

It worked perfectly before I updated it, so im just trying to figure out what could of happend with it

Was wondering if anybody out there would mind helping me fix this bug, as I cannot find a bug report comment section in curse/elvui

Thanks

And looking forward to your replies

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkara View Post
    Hello, Id like to say, im sorry if this topic is in the wrong thread, and if it its, tell me the correct thread to put this in.

Lets get started shall we?

I just Updated my Elvui Addon on 12-23-11, and all my things got reset, as i expected. but after updating the current version, im geting a chat UI error bug.

For example

When I try and post an item in trade chat, 1: The item doesnt show, and 2: neither is my name. Its just a blank line where my message would of been.

So im just here to see if anybody else is having this bug aswell?

It worked perfectly before I updated it, so im just trying to figure out what could of happend with it

Was wondering if anybody out there would mind helping me fix this bug, as I cannot find a bug report comment section in curse/elvui

Thanks

And looking forward to your replies
    Yep im having the same problems.. and sometimes some lines from general\trade or whatever channel written by others can be blank, or just one letter... having big chat problems now .. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Same, i managed today after a week of waiting to finally kill the Jagefang Spider and get the pet from him, my personal WoW christmas present . Wished to share my good new with guild and all that appeared was [G].
    I'm having the same problem with general chat, sometimes a persona name is hidden but what they said is still there and i can't click where the persona name would have been.

I believe they are aware of it and it's why we've receive two updates very close to each other.

For future reference, there's an Interface & Macros subforum for this sort of question (hopefully this will be moved there soon)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    For future reference, there's an Interface & Macros subforum for this sort of question (hopefully this will be moved there soon)
    And Moved

Deleted
    Actually, i have the exact same problem and it goes away when i disable PRAT addon, I am using ElvUI aswell, but it doesn´t appear to be the cause for it.

It's due to a conflict with the Prat addon. You can go to the ElvUI options, go to Chat, and disable Short Channels there.