What do I need to uprgrade on my computer to be able to run smoothly?

AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    8192MB RAM
    Video Card: ASUS EAH5450

Even on low settings with shadows off it's slow and laggy. Is it my video card? Do I need to post anything else? I don't really know much about this kind of stuff. Thanks!

Quick glance at the card suggests the weakest point is the card :P

A passively cooled 5450 basically. Meaning, no fans. So it naturally won't be pumping out massive power as it has no efficient way to distribute heat compared to an actively cooled card. I'm not too up on AMD processors anymore as I'm an Intel fanboy but of the 3 bits of info, I feel confident that your graphics card is an under performer compared to the other 2 items.

What motherboard is in this machine? Is it pre-built or did you build it or someone build it for you?
    Last edited by Wozarib; 2011-12-24 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks for the reply. What kind of graphics card would you suggest? Something in the $100-200 price range, preferably.

Hands down your graphics card.

Thanks. What kind of graphic card do you guys suggest? Preferably something in the $100-200 range.

Deleted
    First you need to give us a bit more info... The most important info you can give us, is how big your machine is. Do you need a low-profile graphics card?
    It's great having an awesome graphics card, but it sucks if it wont fit in your machine

Uh... Honestly I'm not sure how to find how big my machine is. I'm terrible at anything involving computers. :/

There is nothing on your end that you can do to adjust your experience. The game itself throttles the video and graphic capabilities of each system running the game. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...22835&page=167

The only thing you can do is wait til Bio decides to port the game over to a proprietary engine. The one they use now utilizes a single-core, even if you have and are optimized for 8. Instead of building up there own in-house graphics engine, they leased one from another company. And apparently that company isn't providing support to Bio, due to legal concerns Bio would use that against them eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...4-6368c393b2b3
    i am also curious about this i did the can i run it test and this is basically what it came up with

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by flying ligers View Post
    Uh... Honestly I'm not sure how to find how big my machine is. I'm terrible at anything involving computers. :/
    Take a picture of it if all else fails. Capture as much detail as you can.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102948

---------- Post added 2011-12-24 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    There is nothing on your end that you can do to adjust your experience. The game itself throttles the video and graphic capabilities of each system running the game. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...22835&page=167

The only thing you can do is wait til Bio decides to port the game over to a proprietary engine. The one they use now utilizes a single-core, even if you have and are optimized for 8. Instead of building up there own in-house graphics engine, they leased one from another company. And apparently that company isn't providing support to Bio, due to legal concerns Bio would use that against them eventually.
    While there is truth in that, the fact that he is trying to play any game at all on that graphics card is an issue in itself.

@the OP - The card i previously posted is what i am using right now and it is a great card for the price.