Just got my old account back.

Should I play my paladin Prot/Holy?

Deleted
    If that's how you wish to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a wild suggestion, spec holy and prot and try them both!
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Deleted
    Better Retribution or Holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving holy. And I used to hate holy. Holy radiance changes are awesome, and holy power works much better in holy than in ret. In ret it feels like a dumbed down version of kitty dps... get combo points, put up damage buff, use finishing moves (the same one over and over), refresh damage buff. With holy it feels more optional. I'm not shooting myself in the foot if I cast a few targeted heals before cashing in my holy power (depending on the fight that is).

Haven't played prot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely give holy a try.

It's actually decent at raid healing now & is still good at main tank healing, however if you didn't play in TBC you will have to learn how to manage your mana unless you gear is extremely good.

As for prot it's pretty similar to how it was in wrath, the only real difference is you have more CD's to manage & a decent self heal for use every 20 seconds or so.

I wouldn't suggest ret though unless you like insane amounts of RNG & lots of down time until you reach firelands level gear with haste.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.