Thread: I'm in love

I'm in love

I haven't been this impressed by a game in a long time. I have tried Rift, Age of Conan, Skyrim and many others. This game clearly stands alone.

Buy it, for the story value alone forgetting any game play you will be impressed.

Glad you like it - it's the first MMO in a long time that I've enjoyed too, and I have tried a fair few of the others out there. I think what does it for me is the fact that I enjoyed SWG a fair amount, and this seems like a decent follow on from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Skyrim - but then I took an Early Access to my SWTOR account. Haven't played WoW since the first stress test weekend and Skyrim since 12/15...

I love Mako.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you mention Skyrim? It's not an MMO! Hehe

Anyway, glad you're having fun. I'm gonna stick with WoW because that's what I enjoy, but I hope this game continues to thrive and be successful. There's no reason more than one MMO can't be big out there

I have this good friend of mine, he lives in another city and came over for the holidays. We used to play wow together and we talk about mmos a lot. I had previously told him that I started playing swtor and I remember all the witty remarks he made about it, even though having no clue whatsoever, just that it's "star wars and it sucks"; "wow clone", while I kept quiet. He came over the other day; I had some leftover weed. We lit a couple up and started playing. By god, 7-8 hours later, 6 joints and 4 beers he was addicted. He's got a wife and kid, and he pretty much works all the time, I think this game is going to destroy him lol. He just ordered it.

Deleted
    Good to see some positivity around here!

SWTOR is SUCH a breath of fresh air compared to WoW.

Now while I DID sign up for a WoW Annual Pass (primarily for free Diablo and to get people to come play TOR) I haven't logged in since I got in early.

To me this game is like reading a book. I log in to get more of the story and haven't been worried so much about how fast I'm leveling. I feel like I'm progressing at a nice pace and I've been getting extremely lucky with my flashpoint groups and drops. I'm usually the only SW and ironically, after reading all the posts about jugg tanking, I don't find myself having any problems with threat at all.

Combat moves so fluidly and tanking is a blast.

Rock on Bioware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Why did you mention Skyrim? It's not an MMO! Hehe
    It might become one soon.
    And if it does, we are doomed.

Haven't had this much fun since vanilla WOW and BC. Have to see how it will be at 50 and what end game is like of course before any definite decision on how good it is, but so far I am having a lot of fun following the story, leveling, and exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    It might become one soon.
    And if it does, we are doomed.
    I'm not confident any thing Elder Scrolls-related would have actual class balance. In a week one would find the ultimate OP build and no one would use anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a good game and I will be playing it for a while, but sci-fi isn't my thing. SWTOR is pretty much just a hold out for me until GW2 hits. Don't get me wrong, SWTOR is great and all, but there are still issues I have with it and the setting is just not something I will ever be gung-ho for.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    I love Mako.
    agreed, although Kira, and Jaenesa (sp) are pretty awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    agreed, although Kira, and Jaenesa (sp) are pretty awesome as well.
    Was it Mako you could hear everywhere in the beta? I remember one of them you could hear no matter where you were, was annoying

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I have this good friend of mine, he lives in another city and came over for the holidays. We used to play wow together and we talk about mmos a lot. I had previously told him that I started playing swtor and I remember all the witty remarks he made about it, even though having no clue whatsoever, just that it's "star wars and it sucks"; "wow clone", while I kept quiet. He came over the other day; I had some leftover weed. We lit a couple up and started playing. By god, 7-8 hours later, 6 joints and 4 beers he was addicted. He's got a wife and kid, and he pretty much works all the time, I think this game is going to destroy him lol. He just ordered it.
    For some reason I was picturing John Stewart in my head while reading this:
    "Have you ever played Star Wars, man?"
    "Have you ever played it....on weeeeed?"