[Question]Tanking/healing/dps which role is in greated demand?

So, people with high-level toons and people with experience I have a question for you. What role is in minority on your server right now, who's more difficult to find for your flashpoints/raids etc - is it a decent tank or a healer or maybe a dps (lol jk)?

I am playing level 21 Sawbones Scoundrel on Uthar Wynn EU and at this moment there are too many downsides to being a healer. It's pretty difficult to find a group and there is no appreciation for a healer. So far half of my heroic quests/flashpoints and every single one of operations are a huge mess. People are literally herpity-derp while you are trying to save the day. I am aware that it's a very new game and I'm not new to mmos to expect people to be atleast decent but I just don't want this kind of stress tbh. Are healers in greater demand on higher levels or should I just drop it and level a tank? What's your take on this?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    So, people with high-level toons and people with experience I have a question for you. What role is in minority on your server right now, who's more difficult to find for your flashpoints/raids etc - is it a decent tank or a healer or maybe a dps (lol jk)?

I am playing level 21 Sawbones Scoundrel on Uthar Wynn EU and at this moment there are too many downsides to being a healer. It's pretty difficult to find a group and there is no appreciation for a healer. So far half of my heroic quests/flashpoints and every single one of operations are a huge mess. People are literally herpity-derp while you are trying to save the day. I am aware that it's a very new game and I'm not new to mmos to expect people to be atleast decent but I just don't want this kind of stress tbh. Are healers in greater demand on higher levels or should I just drop it and level a tank? What's your take on this?
    Being a tank I find there's not enough healers! I've started a small guild on Legions of Lettow and we're flowing through flashpoints and heroic quests with ease but that's mainly because we do tell people that we pick up along the way we're taking it steady and we want them to do this, this and this to make sure we're all getting on and working well. I've yet to witness a 'herpy-derp' as you put it; but I've always been a leader / main tank and help people out.

Personal experience: healers are in great demand (being a healer myself). I think it's because leveling as a healer can be a pain (As sorc it's easier than merc, that's for sure).

I do okay as healer spec solo, but it's much slower than dps.

Healers are fairly rare once you get beyond the 3rd planet (Taris for Republic, dunno about Empire). Tanks can be a bit of a pain to find for flashpoints I find, but I play at odd hours.

Definitely not enough healers out there.

I've been rocking out on my immortal jugg and my biggest issue thus far is also lack of healers.

I see lots of SW's and SI's running around but everyone I've seen has been a DPS spec. Anytime I find a decent healer from running a flashpoint I immediately friend request them so next time I do a FP I can just shoot them a message and get rolling.

It's just sad that once again everyone is more concerned with either throwing lightning or rocking dual lightsabers.

I know everyone is entitled to their own personal playstyle and it's great but I'll always be one of those people that plays a tank, no matter what game I'm playing just for the sheer fact that everyone wants to be Emperor Palpatine or a dual-wielding Anakin right now.

PS - Seeing the fat body style mauraders running around is fucking hilarious. Strong in the Buffet this one is...

I think healers and tanks will always be in great demand at endgame. DPS is easy and carefree especially with no meters which in a new game I would say most people would lean towards rolling DPS.

Pre I'd say 35 it doesn't matter what spec you are. You can tank in any spec that has access to tanking forms and heal in any spec with some care. Past that it gets a bit harder and those end tier talents really start to define your spec.

Heals are the scarcest role in my experience. I play a DPS scoundrel and I still end up ghetto healing most 4 man encounters because I'm the closest thing to a healer available. Most classes that can tank, can do it effectively early and mid game in a DPS spec, they just turn on the presence/stance/whatever that boosts threat generation.
    Uther (US) -- Daztreides

Thank you guys. I'll stick with my scoundrel then. At least for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    PS - Seeing the fat body style mauraders running around is fucking hilarious. Strong in the Buffet this one is...
    Haha

Honestly on my server (The Twin Spears) there is a lack of dps, and the server is full. Every flashpoint i go to do (I'm tank) I find a healer first member (commando's everywhere!), then am looking for 10 more minutes for two DPS. I find it very weird.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I personally notice that healers always seem to be in demand.

Me, personally, I like to be prepared for whatever so I like to keep atleast one of each role geared to the teeth buts thats just me, if you have that kind of free time, it pays off
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley