... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    What I like?

Everything.

What I dislike?

It's not out yet.
    youtube comment

this boggles my mind... the game is not even out yet we can presume whether we like it or not already!
    counting chickens before they are hatched...

Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    this boggles my mind... the game is not even out yet we can presume whether we like it or not already!
    counting chickens before they are hatched...
    Key word in the title: so far

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    At the beginning of one of the G-Star 2011 PvP matches it shows one of the devs changing his key binds. I don't think they wouldn't implement it if they wanted it to become an e-sport... not too many pros would enjoy clicking 6-0.. or clicking at all.
    I am EXCITEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I dunno, man, Backpeddlers get chewed up pretty quickly. Might as well just stand in the fire if you are backing out of it.... slowly. So much bad.
    Why does the S key exist?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, man, Backpeddlers get chewed up pretty quickly. Might as well just stand in the fire if you are backing out of it.... slowly. So much bad.
    There are very few reasons to backpedal in most games, like if you can move and cast at the same time an are just waiting for a CD to finish before launching the incommunicado warrior back to where he was... However that's a very rare situation that NEVER happens in pve
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    No mounts. Bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    There are very few reasons to backpedal in most games, like if you can move and cast at the same time an are just waiting for a CD to finish before launching the incommunicado warrior back to where he was... However that's a very rare situation that NEVER happens in pve
    Backpedaling in aion reduces damage you take. However I don't agree it is a appropriate solution to backpedaling.

the problem with backpedaling arises only if the movement speed is drastically slower than running speed.
    in FPS, backpedaling provides the viable strategy of giving a "parting shot" while retreating.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why does the S key exist?
    So that we can bind interrupts to that key. Naturally.

Deleted
    I like so many things about this game

¤ Ability to join pvp instantly in a balanced way
    ¤ Ways to level up in world pvp, and to pimp your char and dominate the other server
    ¤ No rush to highest level. To be honest, I hate leveling and that you need to grind to get to the good stuff. If I get to explore and do my personal story on the side it will be much better. And go get that pink dye for my gear
    ¤ World event dragons, they just look epic simple as that
    ¤ Time spent on the game, you can play as much as you like with lots of things to do, and as little as you like and still enjoy. The ultimate game, am I right?
    ¤ Servers vs servers instead of faction wars. Sure, I like having to watch my back when out in the world doing missions, but it never works out well in any game. This is a better solution.
    ¤ Customization, a loooot of time at start will be designing my char
    ¤ Asura, say no more =) Add mesmer to that, pink asura being power in pink with spells as well and pink gear <3
    ¤ AH system with buy orders

My worries, well they aren't many but here we go:
    ¤ World pvp, I hope it play out well with balanced server participation. It seems epic and if it works it will be best game ever. But knowing from former mmos and it's world pvp... well, we all know why worrys are there right?
    ¤ Titles, I hope there is a way to get shiny ones to farm for on your own in pvp. Im glad though that there will be titles, sealed the deal with the game to me :P

My worries:

Really at this point there is nothing in the game that would warrant a true dislike from me, but of course no one has had the time to go in depth into the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I'm not the only one who sets my rupt to 5 xD even though I click it half the time anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Backpedaling interrupts our self

Does that count XD

I have S key bind to life grip, it was pretty interesting getting use to it seeing me Life grip everyone for no reason into lava or ragnaros meteors or off a cliff...

... wait what were we talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington is a bit worried at how the community will turn out. Warcraft's was rather... 'good' for a time... but that collapsed into some sort of subterranean depth below Tartarus.
    Things like:

Things like that disappoint Skelington.
    Eh, I think the MMO community is offically and irrevocably spoiled. Expect every MMO community from now on to be shitty and rotten to the core.

i dislike :
    -current sylvari design (didn't like the previous either)
    -no henchmen/heroes to run dungeons if no one's around
    -not having weapon swap as elementalist

i like :
    pretty much everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remains to be seen if Im going to really dislike it, but I imagine the downed state in pvp could go and get tedious. I dunno.. after I defeat an enemy I have to run to him and do a channel to really kill him.
    Its a wonderful concept for PvE though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Lol I'm not the only one who sets my rupt to 5 xD even though I click it half the time anyway...
    You click interrupts?

But yes, you can keybind in Gw2. I think I've seen it in quite some videos and it would be a really big concern for me if it wouldn't be possible. I also hope EVERYTHING will be rebindable (WoW did a pretty good job here) and also shift-X and control-X etc. will be available. Though that probably wont be really necessary, but well see.

Deleted
    I'm just hoping I can bind these extra mouse buttons.
    And these G1-12 buttons on my keyboard (G110) without making a silly macro like in WoW.
    Can't live without them.

This may actually be my only concern about GW2.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-12-27 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I like:

No sub cost
    Every profession is 100% different mechanically from another
    Every profession can do everything
    Every race can be every profession
    The game isn't pushing you towards end game
    There is no traditional "end game" of raid or die
    Rewards exploration
    Rewards teamwork
    You can visit older zones and not be a god

What I dislike:

The Guardian

And now I have two questions:

1. Do events have a cool-down of some sort?
    2. If people avoided a certain zone, will that zone be completely overrun or will it stop at some point (In regards to dynamic events taking over towns and stuff)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    What I like:

No sub cost
    Every profession is 100% different mechanically from another
    Every profession can do everything
    Every race can be every profession
    The game isn't pushing you towards end game
    There is no traditional "end game" of raid or die
    Rewards exploration
    Rewards teamwork
    You can visit older zones and not be a god

What I dislike:

The Guardian

And now I have two questions:

1. Do events have a cool-down of some sort?
    2. If people avoided a certain zone, will that zone be completely overrun or will it stop at some point (In regards to dynamic events taking over towns and stuff)?
    1. Events have some sort of CD, but to be honest i'm really unsure. I just remember Colin Johanson, I think, said that events will have a cooldown, but it can variate a lot. Some events trigger other events.

2. If pirates have taken over a village, it will stay taken for 10 minutes, 3 months, 5 years, until players do something about it and take it back. If an oasis is overran by monsters, it will stay that way until players do something about it. Events must have an end at some point, for example, if you have taken back the village from the pirates, and pushed them back to their pirate base, another event starts, to destroy their base, and when it's destroyed, the event ends. The pirates will take some time to recover, and then the event cycle restarts again.

Now I have a question.

1. How can you dislike Guardians :O?

1. How can you dislike Guardians :O?
    They are evil, they are also not part of Mif's cookie plan.