Glyph of Seal of Truth Question

So I just came back from a relatively long break and decided to main my holy pally alt for an old guild. The holy part is going great. My ret offspec, however, has presented a little bit of a problem. Most of my gear is 378s, and almost everything is loaded with expertise. With the glyph, my expertise shoots to a whopping 36. I can't reforge out of any more expertise, and replacement pieces really aren't an option any time soon with the assload of plate we carry in our raid.

Is it worth dropping the glyph in this case? I'm currently rocking Exo and TV glyphs with it, should I add the CS glyph in it's spot until the expertise works its way off my gear? The answer feels fairly obvious to me, but I haven't played ret since maybe halfway through Ulduar. Either a slap in the head or kind words of reassurance are both perfectly acceptable. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me, as holy paladin, I had the same issue with ret off-Spec like u ... back in Firelands days. I ended up with something like 46 exp with glyphed SoT active. U can drop it for any "reasonable" ret glyph, but as better choice I see mass exp. reforging to mastery>crit/haste. I have chose this option. Yes I am little bit over exp capped (29 or so), but with this gear setup I rly have no problems with expertise cap at all. Its rly up to you what u choose. U can ask mr.robot or so ... but mass reforge is viable option and "lot of music, for little amount of money".
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Like I said, all the expertise on my gear is already reforged to mastery and haste...even then I'm still over by 10. And yeah, the firelands gear part makes sense, because its entirely composed of 378s.

I believe it would be okay to switch that glyph out for now, at least until you get upgrades in the future that might not have expertise and then you find yourself needing more again.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had this issue a while back the simple fact is the SoT glyph is still better then the Crusader Glyph even with you being over exp cap from gear. That's pretty much the short answer SoT is still the Best Glyph you can use.

well if you have 36 expertise with no way of getting rid of some then you arent getting any use at all from the glyph, replace it
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    Like I said, all the expertise on my gear is already reforged to mastery and haste...even then I'm still over by 10. And yeah, the firelands gear part makes sense, because its entirely composed of 378s.
    ... ayy ... sry, long night here in this case, 5 percent crit for CS seems like "must have" for you. Or you can think about Ascetic Crusader glyph. But, few resets in DS will completely solve your expertise problem. Tbh. I am quite "Wtf" when I see DS loot table. In the end of expansion we will be happy for every little bit of expertise and hit on a gear.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Any way we can get a link to your armory? It may help in seeing if there is anything you can do. My DK is in mostly 378s from the new 5 mans, no raid loot at all and barely hitting expertise cap.

Easy dont use the glyph...

Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    So I just came back from a relatively long break and decided to main my holy pally alt for an old guild. The holy part is going great. My ret offspec, however, has presented a little bit of a problem. Most of my gear is 378s, and almost everything is loaded with expertise. With the glyph, my expertise shoots to a whopping 36. I can't reforge out of any more expertise, and replacement pieces really aren't an option any time soon with the assload of plate we carry in our raid.

Is it worth dropping the glyph in this case? I'm currently rocking Exo and TV glyphs with it, should I add the CS glyph in it's spot until the expertise works its way off my gear? The answer feels fairly obvious to me, but I haven't played ret since maybe halfway through Ulduar. Either a slap in the head or kind words of reassurance are both perfectly acceptable. Thank you.
    Last I read in 378 gear Glyph of Exorcism pulled ahead of Glyph of Crusader Strike. To get a more accurate feedback you'd have to sim between the two to get a definitive answer. Also, I noticed in the thread you said you forged Mastery -> Haste. Almost every paladin will tell you to forge Mastery -> Crit as the crit will scale with the mastery and it takes too much haste to get any noticeable difference. However after reading some threads it says both are close, but from personal experience of myself and most rets will tell you that it'll take way too much haste for you to notice any difference so you are just better off with Crit as you'll gain benefits from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    well if you have 36 expertise with no way of getting rid of some then you arent getting any use at all from the glyph, replace it
    unless you're fighting rag

There's a general rule of thumb of when to switch from that glyph, I believe it's something like when you have 20-22 expertise without using it, it's a gain to swap. Could someone give the correct figure?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    I had this issue a while back the simple fact is the SoT glyph is still better then the Crusader Glyph even with you being over exp cap from gear. That's pretty much the short answer SoT is still the Best Glyph you can use.
    I seriouslly can't understand something, do you mean if he is @ 36 exp with glyph, he should keep using it, instead to swap on Crusader Strike glyph, and gain some dps, until he got some better gear with less exp on it?
    And how the SoT glyph will be better?

go on wowreforge.com great reforge tool this should lower your exp and improve other mastery/crit

link your character, or give the name and server your are on if you can't link. I haven't been over expertise since tier 11 so I don't understand how you are.