Thread: PVP Hutt Ball.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PVP Hutt Ball.

Bah, im in a love/hate state of mine for Hutt ball. i love the idea of it.. it can be fun ( ranged dps :P )

but for melee in my case a sith marauder iv never once been able to just fight with out 4 or more just appearing from nowwhere ccing me till deah.. it happens every game.. im valor rank 20.. i know how to pvp . but jesus is hutt ball annoying and 90% of bgs have been hutt ball,, its a nightmare for melee and pure blizz for ranged with knock backs..

so so frustrating ..

don't try to be the hero, as melee grab the ball and then pass it off right away. also being sith makes you fail :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    don't try to be the hero, as melee grab the ball and then pass it off right away. also being sith makes you fail :P
    Im not trying to be a hero.. its every person i engage i get sat on by 4 every damn time.. cced till death. its just the worst map for melee and perfect for ranged dps,

you make yourself a fail by judging what i play.. i could say you fail for playing republic. but that's your choice who's to say other wise

always remember as a sith marauder that you are pretty squishy. pick your fights don't just go force charging in... i've always had fun with hutt ball just doing that, also don't forget to utilize your force cloak its the best thing

Deleted
    i rage smashed 4 old keyboards(i have old white ones from ibm pcs next to me in case of rage burst to hit them instead of arctosa) on that warzone so far. everyone and their mother have knockbacks. if anything needs nerf its the knock backs.way to many

if you want to call republic fail thats fine. opions are like butthole.. everyone has one. but as getting ganked goes... ya need to get use to it thats pvp for ya. yall do the same to us so its not like you are being singled out. i see a target getting swarmed then hell yeah im going to jump in and get my licks in.

Deleted
    i use it when its up all the time.. i know how to play when to jump in. what im saying is..

if there was one lonely republic on a walk way. in middle.. hell hiding behind the bins at the sides where the buff is.. if i attacked him always there would be 4 just pop out of no where, and im cced until death..

like last match. i waited till all my pushed in middle.. everyone was fighting. i picked my target. charged him and was fooking him up until low and behold im cced from above. then and BH comes then another inq.. and im dead..

bahh lol its to a point i gotta laugh at it as its like a bad joke.. :P

i see it as just this.

Hutt Ball = Ranged dps = WIN = fun

Melee = knocked back, cced till death over and over = HULK SMASH
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2011-12-25 at 08:12 PM.

i love it as a sith Thuggernaut, i can usually rack up a nice ammount of damage and stay in the fray for a long time (especially with a healer on me) as long as people are focusing on me my team can do some sick damage.

its called situational awareness. you see a sith attacking a rep player ya all pound the sith. also did ya consider that the lone player is a plant to lure you out of the group?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    its called situational awareness. you see a sith attacking a rep player ya all pound the sith. also did ya consider that the lone player is a plant to lure you out of the group?
    lol with all fighting in mid. i hardly doubt they are planting people to get me out, I just think the map is to small. and to focused for ranged dps.

I love the map. on my BH and inq ( Ranged) just melee is a joke unless ur a tank,

Haven't tried Hutball yet. But from what i can see in what you're writing, you seem to be going alone against other people.

Now.. That is generally a bad idea in ANY battleground. People will spot you and go for an easy kill.

Try to stay around your team and fight with them, instead of going away from them. That way, If someone jumps you, you're more likely to survive since you're in the middle of a big group of team mates who will more then likely help you out and help kill them.

Of course i could be wrong, and please correct me if i am, but it just seems that way.

Any ranged who knows what they doing will never leave the rafters... and they don't need to. Melee force leaps up to the rafters or runs up to you there? Knock them off. And, they can hit any spot on the map from up there. Add that to the fact that most ranged have good CC and burst damage... it is obviously less beneficial to bring a melee class to hutball. Alderaan and Voidstar are good for melee, though.... just not hutball.

Deleted
    like i said.. i dont just charge in alone.. i pick my targets.. i let others go in first, I make sure i don't charge someone who hasn't used their knock back or if i charge in knowing they have their knockback. ill charge and while they are stunned for that 1.5 sec ill put my back on the posts thats on catwalks.. or move round them away from fire pit so if they do knock back u get knocked back on same level and can continue attacking.. ect

I think i didn't explain myself :/ Im not moaning about my game play im moaning about melee on hutt ball, they are at such a disadvantage its unreal.. and I know this as iv played a Bounty Hunty to 20 and an inq to 16 my warrior is 32, and my level 16 inq is so easy on that map. u just stay on cat walks raping melee. if they charge you. you knock them off and repeat,

if your melee. your cced , you charge , you get knocked back.. or they just cc you and they run away. or mostly 3 more join in while ur cced and your dead b4 you can move,

I love the map. I just see it from a melee point of few its an unfair map.. and ranged its so much fun and easy,,

and by the way this isn't a *I don't know what Im doing and im getting raped* post, its a post on my observation of this map in the view of a melee. Im sure Im not the only melee thinking like this

Quote Originally Posted by Abelf View Post
    Any ranged who knows what they doing will never leave the rafters... and they don't need to. Melee force leaps up to the rafters or runs up to you there? Knock them off. And, they can hit any spot on the map from up there. Add that to the fact that most ranged have good CC and burst damage... it is obviously less beneficial to bring a melee class to hutball. Alderaan and Voidstar are good for melee, though.... just not hutball.
    exactly.. and 99% of the bgs iv gotten is hutt ball.. for example, today I did 6 bgs 5 was hutt ball one was Alderaan was not much fun, im trying my hardest to have fun.. but being cced and taken to 10% of my hp before I can even move from half the map away is soo frustrating :P
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2011-12-25 at 09:50 PM.

its fun if you win, but also it gets really old after a while and it seems like I always get hutt ball

pvp in swtor, rofl, what a waste of an account

Mod Edit: Don't troll.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-12-25 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    played hutball 4 out of the 4 times I qued for it and got it. Won every game but didn't care much for the objective I just killed people endlessly and that was good enough for me. definitely not bad being in as a lvl 11 bounty hunter and topping dmg along with kills and having the least amount of deaths. I pretty much tried to keep mid under control the entire time and supported when needed.....I'm not sure If I like the game mode though from what I've seen. It could definitely use a bit more polish and those pads you jump on in the middle to take your to higher platforms don't work well at all.

Edit: I'm going to que up right now to try and get the other bg's but I hope they are better.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    If you don't like the game, go bother someone else instead of posting useless posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Im not flamming the game, Im loving swtor and Im playing for pvp, Im enjoying the game allot. part from hutt ball on a melee :P
    like I said.. hutt ball with a ranged class is faceroll :P

the other maps are great for melee, This is only the first week of pvp gameplay and it will only get better

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    iv never once been able to just fight with out 4 or more just appearing from nowwhere ccing me till deah
    There's an issue with the idiots you play with, not imbalanced maps.

Deleted
    randoms are randoms :P

Not much I can do if a group wont throw u a heal as they to l33t to help others part from their lil 4 man group :P,

when i play with m8s of course its different but they aint always on when I am so cant depend on that. I want to go in a bg and have fun, I don't want to be limited to only being able to attack some1 if i got pocket healers..

its the map :P like i said other maps is no problem.. Hutt ball is just catered for Ranged dps