Swtor Bandwidth Issues

Hello all, I seem to be having a Networking problem. I have 3 PCS and 2 PS3s hooked up to my home network ( all but my main PC which I play Swtor on are wireless ) and every time I Log into the game and start playing, I lose almost all my connection to my other systems. The speed in which it takes to load a webpage is agonizing, but everything is fine on my main PC while in game or not. If i close the game out, within minutes the speed is restored to my other devices. Does swtor eat up a huge amount of bandwidth or something? I play Wow, generally having at least 2 pcs and 1 ps3 running... and its fine. My net is some 10 megs. Any help? Could it be problems with the router? It works fine with every other game

I am having the exact same issue. At first I was in denial, but it is night and day when I quit the game. It's driving my wife crazy.

No ideas on how to fix it.

Deleted
    In theory, SWTOR should not consume more bandwidth than WoW or any other MMO.

Sounds like a traffic-shaping issue.

Try installing CFOS, a custom LAN driver on all of your affected PCs and remember to activate Network Broadcasting during the installation.

Once installed, right-click the little symbol in your taskbar and tell it to "favor ping".

That should alleviate the issue.

However Cfos has a 30 day trial period. After that you need to purchase it (or delete the registry entry and reinstall).

PS: It also helps a lot with managing broadband when using torrents for example.

http://www.cfos.de/en/index.htm

Thanks for the suggestion Crowe. I actually seemed to have resolved things by enabling QoS on my router. I am limiting the bandwidth on the ports that SWTOR uses, and now my other computers aren't effected, and I don't notice any negative behavior in SWTOR either.

Quote Originally Posted by maybesew View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Crowe. I actually seemed to have resolved things by enabling QoS on my router. I am limiting the bandwidth on the ports that SWTOR uses, and now my other computers aren't effected, and I don't notice any negative behavior in SWTOR either.
    Dude I am having the same issues and its horrible, could you PLEASE tell me step by step how you did that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what it does but yeah, this is happening to me too. I don't care though because I'm really the only one who uses a computer on a daily basis here but when someone chooses to get online- they have a very slow connection speed.