New rig... Second built, but first self built.

So the first time around a friend of mine helped with parts and assembly. Due to his large and clumsy hands I had several issues with that one lol.

This time I'm pretty confident I can pull it off on my own. Think I've got everything sorted out and have researched and looked around.

I'll be buying pieces here and there being that I can't afford it all right now so I'm not price comparing currently, just getting the list down.

Here's what I've came up with and I would very much like any recomendations that you may have.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/w...4166B&Desc=New Rig

I'm not sure/set on the Asus gpu, but I love their products and have watched a video that really turned me on to them for a gpu. If not Asus then I'll likely go with EVGA of the same card.

Edit: I'll be robbing the 1tb drive from my current machine.
    Last edited by googz; 2011-12-26 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    No complaints except some bits seem excessive when only buying a 560
    and good luck with your build

Seems solid to me, all good high quality parts. I'm assuming you have a storage drive already?

The cooling fans for the RAM are almost definitely unnecessary.
    Super casual.

Looks like a great build, and nearly identical to mine

however, i would remove

- memory fan
    - silenX fan
    - Thermal Grease

unless you plan some serious OverClocking, the generic air flow cooling in a HAF is very good to begin with.

i would also get Windows PRO 64bit not HOME. (google Windows 7 version comparision chart) and you can see why.

It also wasnt on your list (so maybe you are keeping your old one, or waiting for price drop) but you will need another HDD.

Just Windows + basic apps + Wow is like 80gig straight up

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunki View Post
    No complaints except some bits seem excessive when only buying a 560
    and good luck with your build
    The idea here is to go ahead and get this one and later on possibly switch it to my current machine and upgrade.

My current machine is going to my girlfriend so she can stay the hell off mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    The cooling fans for the RAM are almost definitely unnecessary.
    Agreed. Not needed unless you plan on trying to overclock them.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off you don't need a memory fan, you don't know the other fan, you don't need thermal grease, you also don't need a i7 2600k, get the i5 2500k, samething for less, hyperthreading is useless for gaming, don't try to prove me wrong, because I made a thread disproving this with my i7 930 on overclock.net. Use the extra money and get a better GPU, it will be worth it. Also, I wouldn't get the h100 also, you can get something cheaper and just as good. Also you only need 4-8gb of memory also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    First off you don't need a memory fan, you don't know the other fan, you don't need thermal grease, you also don't need a i7 2600k, get the i5 2500k, samething for less, hyperthreading is useless for gaming, don't try to prove me wrong, because I made a thread disproving this with my i7 930 on overclock.net. Use the extra money and get a better GPU, it will be worth it. Also, I wouldn't get the h100 also, you can get something cheaper and just as good. Also you only need 4-8gb of memory also.
    You don't know what he needs. Blindly telling him to step his processor down and that he doesn't need the memory is rather ignorant. There's other uses for computers than gaming.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

If this is for gaming, go for the i5 2500k. The i7 2600k only has hyper threading as extra, which is 100% useless for gaming. Memory fan is almost 100% useless. You should be fine with cooling unless you want some HUGE overclocking capabilities. You can use the extra $120 for spring when the i5 3770k comes out. It is "rumored" to be a 17% increase per core in performance, use less power, and market price of $225.

Thanks for the input everybody. This will be my only computer so it will be used for the basic everyday tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Thanks for the input everybody. This will be my only computer so it will be used for the basic everyday tasks.
    I did not catch this thread until now so it seems you might have changed somethings around in the list. I see you put an i5 2500 processor in the list. Which is good but if you plan to overclock you should get the i5 2500K. I am only guessing you plan to overclock since you have a liquid cooling system, so make sure you get the right CPU for that.
    Last edited by Nephilus; 2011-12-26 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typo

I think you linked a regular i5 2500, get an i5 2500K otherwise ull not be able to overclock ur CPU so that H100 will be totally useless =P

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    I think you linked a regular i5 2500, get an i5 2500K otherwise ull not be able to overclock ur CPU so that H100 will be totally useless =P
    Thanks for pointing that out... Thought I selected an unlocked on while comparing, but guess not. Glad I didn't add it to cart and buy it already ><

@mnm: I see you're running the same cpu and cooler I plan on buying. Are you running the cooler at max for that OC? How's the sound?