Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Strange to see how popular bc gear is when it comes to transmogrification. One of the most memorable things of the bc era is the shitload of "bc items are so ugly" threads in the official wow-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Strange to see how popular bc gear is when it comes to transmogrification. One of the most memorable things of the bc era is the shitload of "bc items are so ugly" threads in the official wow-forums.
    Firstly, I don't remember that many whine threads regarding the look of TBC items.
    Secondly, I think what's important here, perhaps just as much as the look, is the nostalgia factor. For many people who've been playing WoW for a long time, TBC still represents the golden era of the game.
    Each people will give you his/her own reason, but I think large part of this is because TBC was when people started to be good at the game. You could no longer raid without having a clue about what you were doing (which was very well possible in vanilla, until halfway through AQ40). I think that's something that is too easily overlooked. People got better and cared more about their achievements (as in, what boss they downed) and items.

Quote Originally Posted by mini2904 View Post
    is it just me or did that last paladin just take 6.7 million HP off Deathwing in a few seconds? when the mage died Deathwing had 6.7 million hp and a few seconds later he was dead??? just me that is seeing something wrong there or does he just die on 1%?
    He dies around 4.5mil on normal mode. So I have a feeling he dies around 6.7mil on heroic...makes sense. Not totally sure atm only 6/8hm haven't seen madness heroic /sigh someone give me 10 mages and 5 rogues!

OMG that UI, sensory overload..../seizure

The numbers are misleading. The Brutal Gladiator items are cheap and pretty good. The fact that they are so easy and don't require much farming to get, nor waiting for drops.

Well the quest reward stuff was incredibly ugly. However, the stuff from the later raids was some of the best that has been seen in the game. So it isn't too strange when you take that into consideration.

As a Warrior it's easy for me to prefer BC weapons to current ones. It's all about the size. TBC 2h weapons were the right size for 2h weapons. Then Wotlk came and they started to shrink. In Cata they continued to shrink. I have 1h weapons from older content that are bigger than some of the current 2hers! Just look at the current honor 2h sword. Its almost as small as a dagger.

Deleted
    That's pretty cool, at least it wasn't by paragon..

10+ Year Old Account
    BC was, in my opinion, the height of Blizzard's art design as far as armor and weapons are concerned.

The problem is that most people never had a complete armor set at the same time, instead they'd have piece of various sets and their gear ends up clashing terribly. This is particularly prevalent these days when you're leveling through outland, you don't even see the beautiful tier sets.

Today, Blizzard is much better at giving you a matching, coherent set of gear. It's just sad that the gear itself isn't as iconic or well-crafted.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Can anyone say the damage/healing addon Detonator is using on his UI? (the frame one)
    And the Chat addon .___.
    plz =3
    Eaves Drop, ty ^ ^ (for those who got the same question as me)

Deleted
    It's so retarded to have the final Cataclysm boss fight made so piss easy. 4.1/4.2 end-raid bosses were so much better than this pathetic add fight...

A little over 20 minutes ago Blood Legion retained 1st US with Madness down. Now who else out there is having a great time with the whole EU-Last Place thing this patch? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbye View Post
    It's so retarded to have the final Cataclysm boss fight made so piss easy. 4.1/4.2 end-raid bosses were so much better than this pathetic add fight...
    I'm not a hardcore raider, or even a raider most of the time. But for me, and I think most people, it's not so much about the difficulty of the fight, as much as it is that the entire encounter feels uninspired and anticlimactic.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all surprised about the Brutal gear being top, it is easy to get and most of it looks pretty darn nice.

Vicious War Wolf best mount in game. I have 4 so far.

Do people see the sadest part???

Ironfeather Longbow - is vendor junk with strength that hunters shouldn't keep, as is Hellreaver!! back from tbc strength crap!

But i bet at least a few hunters who transmog'ed the gear used it at some stage.... Blizzard really need to stop letting hunters use strength.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

It's so retarded to have the final Cataclysm boss fight made so piss easy.
    Still took 3* as long to down as Illidan did... Illidan lasted as long as Halion and BT took 11 days to clear compared to DS Heroic's 13 days. Remember,
    TBC still represents the golden era of the game.
    If you want to argue KJ or Muru, they have to be compared to the more difficult fight of DS heroic, namely Spine: which took 7 days to KJ, M'uru's and Kel'Thuzad's (v1) 5. HLK took fewer attempts (170) than Alone in the Darkness (>1000), Heroic Rag (>500) and Heroic Spine (>300). Paragon took 7 days of raiding to down Spine (same as Kin) and Kin had released their kill vid by the time they'd downed it. tBC had some fights that did take a long time to down: A'lar and Kael'Thas, both over a month (similar amount of time to Heroic Al'akir 25 from previous boss). Vanilla had the longest stretch of fights from first pull to clear without limited attempts. C'Thun was 86 days (but cleared 1 day after the patch that made it possible), Ragnaros was 75 days and Four Horsemen was 55 days.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerunknown View Post
    Still took 3* as long to down as Illidan did... Illidan lasted as long as Halion and BT took 11 days to clear compared to DS Heroic's 13 days. Remember, If you want to argue KJ or Muru, they have to be compared to the more difficult fight of DS heroic, namely Spine: which took 7 days to KJ, M'uru's and Kel'Thuzad's (v1) 5. HLK took fewer attempts (170) than Alone in the Darkness (>1000), Heroic Rag (>500) and Heroic Spine (>300). Paragon took 7 days of raiding to down Spine (same as Kin) and Kin had released their kill vid by the time they'd downed it. tBC had some fights that did take a long time to down: A'lar and Kael'Thas, both over a month (similar amount of time to Heroic Al'akir 25 from previous boss). Vanilla had the longest stretch of fights from first pull to clear without limited attempts. C'Thun was 86 days (but cleared 1 day after the patch that made it possible), Ragnaros was 75 days and Four Horsemen was 55 days.

All the numbers ignore fighting the boss(es) in beta and fighting the bosses in normal. Guilds effectively get the strategy, gear/spec requirements before the boss even hits live. They smash directly through to the last boss and don't have any RL exhaustion from struggling through prior bosses. That to me is a HUGE factor. Prior expansions most bosses either changed completely, were incredibly broken, or were not available at during the betas, and of course normal mode didn't exist either.

Give me 100 swings at bat with a AAA league pitcher and I'll hit a major leaguer's pitch much faster than had I just went directly to the major leaguer.

Deleted
    Staff of Dominiance for Arcane mage is epic...

Deleted
    whats the addon name next to recount ? (ele shaman pov)