d3 same as d2? p2p? lagwise.

yo, any oceanic players here got in the beta and can tell me if d3 will be same as d2 with the p2p ( so we don't get the crappy 200 - 400ms lag in WoW )? thanks in advance

D3 will be using battle.net. It is not P2P

I don't think the way servers work differs from WoW to SC2, but if they do, it is more likely D3 will be using SC2's system. So if SC2's lag is any less than WoW's it should be the same in D3.
    Last edited by Blizark; 2011-12-27 at 12:39 AM.

i know d3 will be using bnet, lol D2 used bnet i wanna know if its using the same techs as d2

D3 has substantially less lag, they say. Supposedly all the people crying about how they can't play hardcore because they don't want three seconds of lag to kill them have nothing to fear.

I don't know if this applies to people across the planet, but Blizzard seems to think personal connection speed won't hold you back as much, which should apply to long distance ping as well.

D2 battlenet and D3 battlenet are two different things. SC2 and D3 are on the same battlenet. (did they dub it battlenet 2.0?)

Quote Originally Posted by janamb View Post
    D2 battlenet and D3 battlenet are two different things. SC2 and D3 are on the same battlenet. (did they dub it battlenet 2.0?)
    Intially they did, I think they changed it to battle.net and classic battle.net for the old games now.

serious, aww mangz i want d2's bnet cos it was leet, any idea if this b.net ( non classic ) is awesome?

man wish i got in to beta then i'd know right away... sigh come on beta =((((((((
    Last edited by SushiBarrel; 2011-12-28 at 01:18 PM.