LastLast

Hpallys weakness?

Only thing i know is CC

Is there anything else?

Deleted
    Dispells?

/10char

Only thing i know is CC
    In combination with no hots it makes us good only for specific teams in arena (3v3).

Deleted
    If you manage to interrupt us, we can only autoattack for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagnut View Post
    Only thing i know is CC

Is there anything else?
    affli locks.

Oh I thought of another one: interrupt bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagnut View Post
    Only thing i know is CC

Is there anything else?
    Do we really need any other weakness? If you manage to get a pally in a decent cc chain you'll get a kill on one of his dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    If you manage to interrupt us, we can only autoattack for the duration.
    this+10

chain interrupts.

unless you are in 2's vs another healer-dps team, he won't be able to keep people up with just holy shock and wog, even in 2's its hard.

hard switches to interrupt is the way to go, and also smoke bomb and blind pala when he starts running in to heal his stunned partner.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I'm fairly sure they don't exist, else people would just get banned.

People with low MS and fast reaction times/good at predicting can easily catch you before you stop to fake cast.

Deleted
    UH dks, locks, interruption, cc. rogues can pressure them really hard too but not kill good ones, just keep them busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    If I'm not anticipating a cast heal, you'd have to cancel your heal before .2s of casting in order to fake me.

If I'm anticipating the cast, you'd have to simul cast and cancel and hope the server applies your cancel before it applies my interrupt. When I'm on a paly, I'm looking for casts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    UH dks, locks, interruption, cc. rogues can pressure them really hard too but not kill good ones, just keep them busy.
    None of this is true.

Unholy Death Knights: Keep their pet(s) Turned, rendering most of their damage unavailable.
    Locks: Pallies are the best multitarget healers in PvP. If it's the control they have you're talking about, that's already been established as a weakness.
    Interrupts: All healers are susceptible to interrupts, but even then Holy Pallies are the strongest mobile healers.
    Rogues: Rogues are a general nuisance anyway, and as such shouldn't be attributed to being a weakness only Holy Paladins are susceptible to.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2011-12-26 at 11:53 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I'm fairly sure they don't exist, else people would just get banned.

People with low MS and fast reaction times/good at predicting can easily catch you before you stop to fake cast.
    They do exist.

To say what they are though is against the rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    None of this is true.

Unholy Death Knights: Keep their pet(s) Turned, rendering most of their damage unavailable.
    Locks: Pallies are the best multitarget healers in PvP. If it's the control they have you're talking about, that's already been established as a weakness.
    Interrupts: All healers are susceptible to interrupts, but even then Holy Pallies are the strongest mobile healers.
    Rogues: Rogues are a general nuisance anyway, and as such shouldn't be attributed to being a weakness only Holy Paladins are susceptible to.
    CC is a weakness for every healer -- just to different extents. Should CC not be added to the list, too? If so, a lot of things won't be added to the list.

Just because they're a shared weakness does not make him inaccurate; they're weaknesses too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Do we really need any other weakness? If you manage to get a pally in a decent cc chain you'll get a kill on one of his dps.
    Word. I've never really had as smooth cc chains on other healers as I've had on pallies. But what crylo said is true, every healer has to avoid cc.

I'm not gonna say interrupts because pally instant heals are OP. Between me and my rogue partner (I'm frost Mage) we took a good 20 or 30 seconds to kill him and in that whole time I was tunneling just waiting for him to make a cast to counter spell it. Never happened.

But I gotta say, cc chains are hard to pull off because you have to knock off their DS and trinket for it to work. And by the time I get him to do that by DPS pressure his warrior and dk killed my disc. (Aka TSG vs RMP)

When i was doing threes ( Feral druid, Prot pally, Rogue dont ask how it works but it does in the lower brackets) We seem to get enough burn on the pally to force a kill on them. It might be because we are a trip deeps but it seems that they struggle self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by aeglaeca View Post
    When i was doing threes ( Feral druid, Prot pally, Rogue dont ask how it works but it does in the lower brackets) We seem to get enough burn on the pally to force a kill on them. It might be because we are a trip deeps but it seems that they struggle self healing.
    Self healing is fine lol. Low bracket players really don't know how to play. Ran into an MLS today that turned out to be 1500 MMR exactly, prob brand new to arena. My RMP stepped on the lock without trouble, and tbh I was just attacking the lock, I didn't even notice if my focus counters or sheeps were working on the rsham.

But tbh triple DPS (lol more like 2.5 DPS) works because your prot can survive and off heal and you have two stealth DPS who can stealth and cc.

cc -> soft burst cc -> soft burst cc -> soft burst cc -> soft burst -> kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    I think it's still worthwhile to list it as our weakness, because no other healer is so helpless when interrupted. Paladins have only one school of magic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are playin with a hunter, there isn't anything you can do. hunters are the only class that at high end play cannot kill any healer themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    I think it's still worthwhile to list it as our weakness, because no other healer is so helpless when interrupted. Paladins have only one school of magic.
    The point I was trying to get across was that Paladins actually need to cast far less than other healers, and can keep their party members up with instants pretty well. (much better, obviously, than any of the other healers)
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL