Thread: Mobo questions.

Mobo questions.

I am looking into purchasing an entirely new PC and wanted to the know the difference besides price between the two or really what would a $100 z68 mobo get me versus say a $250 one. I do plan on overclocking I just haven't build a new PC in years so I have been out of the loop of what is good right now. Would I be safe with any of the z68 boards come spring when the ivy bridge is supposed to be released?

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 ($209)
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 ($124)
    Last edited by kiwimonster; 2011-12-26 at 05:36 PM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131729 is more comparable if you want something from ASUS. They provide a longer warranty / better service for the extra cost for the most part. Z68 will work with Ivy Bridge with a BIOS update.

Thanks Chaud I have always been a fan of ASUS my older builds I always went for the ASUS mobo my current laptop is actually an ASUS. I know the board you linked me is a step down from the version I linked, is there anything beneficial with the Pro over the Standard?

Not really, a few extra SATA ports, Firewire, some audio software, nothing worth the cost.