Going to be purchasing a computer, I'd appreciate any input!

Hello there! First time builder here, and have been planning on building a computer for quite some time.

I've sorted out most of the parts I need, in order to let it work, but I have a query.

Would this Cooler Master Gladiator 600 case, that has a 500w PSU included with it, work well with the following specs?

Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x 2GB) (Memory)

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 Video Card - GDDR5 1024MB 128Bit VRAM - 775 / 4000MHz Clock - PCIe 2.0 - DVI, HDMI & VGA - CrossFireX Ready - DirectX 11

AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Edition

MSI 870A Fuzion MotherBoard

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:Edit:
    I accidentally labelled it as purchasing, I meant to say building! If a Moderator would be able to adapt the title of the thread to say that, I'd love them forever!
    Last edited by JakeCC; 2011-12-26 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Mislabeled title.

It will work, but most of CoolerMaster's PSUs are worth less than they cost.

Would recommend seriously considering something with i5-2xxx instead of AMD processor as it is much faster in games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks for the input!

Would an i5-2500k be a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    Thanks for the input!

Would an i5-2500k be a good choice?
    Very. If your budget can handle it, that's currently the best processor for gaming use*

*next step up would require you to double or triple your budget, not only add $100
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Alright, thanks a lot for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Very. If your budget can handle it, that's currently the best processor for gaming use*

*next step up would require you to double or triple your budget, not only add $100
    There is no next step up.

i5-2500k is the best gaming processor on the market at the moment. It is better for gaming than the i7-2600k and the i7-990x extreme series

PSU is fine unless you are going to add more to your computr at later date. If you are going to add another graphics card for crossfire in the future, invest in a 700w psu now. (I know you said it comes with the case, perhaps look into a different one?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post

i5-2500k is the best gaming processor on the market at the moment. It is better for gaming than the i7-2600k and the i7-990x extreme series

PSU is fine unless you are going to add more to your computr at later date. If you are going to add another graphics card for crossfire in the future, invest in a 700w psu now. (I know you said it comes with the case, perhaps look into a different one?)
    I think he's thinking something like dual Xeon

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post

Sandy Bridge-E's are better. i7-3960X around 10% faster than i5-2500K and it overclocks higher, but costs $1000 more (cpu+motherboard).
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    What Vesseblah means is that in terms of the performance i5 2500k gives the i5 is bottleneck'd by the 6770 in terms of performance meaning a 6770 isn't exactly a high end graphical unit like the i5 is a processing unit so basically by trippeling his budget he would be able to get a graphic card for example like a 580 or 6970 or w/e or perhaps even a 7970, some ram if needed or perhaps a future proof PSU to handle overclock and perhaps SLI in the future so the GPU would give about the same performance in graphic than the i5 2500k would do in processing details in games and such, would also future proof his computer for newer games in 2013 etc.

You should also look for a motherboard with LGA1155 socket for the i5 2500k that also allows overclocking and SLI if you want that in the future, and also a cooler to overclock the i5. just my 5 cents.

GL with your build

~Sheeya~

btw i'm no computer expert this is just somewat what i've learned through mmo-champion, or atleast thought i learned ;D

Deleted
    Case: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - Worth a bit more than what you have specified but you get a lot of stuff for the price, also looks nice.

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro - At least 850W. Or you can try Corsair and Enermax but prices there are a bit high.

Processor + Motherboard: New hardware comes up on the market almost every month, not worth spending so much money on something (Intel) that you are going to change next year, also it will be easier on your wallet if you do decide to change it. AMD is far behind Intel in terms of processors but still if you look at the Price - Performance side of things, they are your best choice.

Processor: Should be an AM3 socket so i would suggest going with a budgeted FX-6100 or go all out with FX-8150.

Motherboard: Yes AMD processors are slacking behind the Intel ones but if you manage to get yourself a nice motherboard for overclocking (also should invest in a water cooler) you can push that puppy to outperform even the newest of Intel processors, imagine an FX-8150 (8 Cores) working at 5.0GHz per core, now that is awesome and very cheap! So for motherboard go with whatever you like from ASUS!!! Personally i am a fan of the RoG (Republic of Gamers, the red/black ones) but you can go with Sabertooth (the green/black military looking one), or even go with one of the cheap blue ones just be sure that the chip is the newest version - 990FX

Memory: Corsair all the way! XMS is good but should be clocked a bit to perform on par with all other things, go for 8GB, 2+2x2GB dual channel mode.

HDD: SSD by OCZ for cheaper ones Corsair if you find the money. If you are going with HDD be sure that it has a high buffer, more than 32MB and is with less platters, not sure but i think Samsung offered a double platter one with 64MB, other choice is Western Digital, don't even look at other brands also would be good if you run them in RAID0, like for example 2x500GB in RAID0 instead of one 1TB. Would cost a bit more.

Video: By the gods almighty PLEASE!!! do not get a 128bit video!!! Go with Radeon 6950 or 6970 if you are sticking with AMD, or a GeForce... something something what are they at now, like 550 or something? Anyway in short - NVIDIA = INTEL = LOTS O' $, AMD=...well AMD = cheap but reliable if you know how to beat the shit (performance) out of them.

BY FAR!!! THE BEST CHOICE WOULD BE TO WAIT! Wait for a few months and see what new comes out in stores then decide what to buy, at least then maybe you can afford something better. Also never get pre-build systems and be sure to be advised by a professional when building your rig or you might seriously mess things up.

Deleted
    the i5 2500k would blow bulldozer away big time even when it's not overclocked.