Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sith Sorcerer - Right choice?

Did I make the right choice? My play style is prominently solo questing...

Deleted
    The best suggestion i can offer is too level it and others and test it all out to see which appeals to you the most.

i was gonna make a sorcerer/sage(think thats the jedi version of it)but i heard thats like the fotm class

and i never play fotm classes

Sorcerer was the right choice, healing specced with the tanking companion (Khem'val) there's basically not alot you can't solo. As for it being fotm class I'm pretty sure the only classes that have less people playing them on imperial side are agents and tanking bounty hunters.

fairly popular AC

but i dont think you can go wrong if you're looking for solo questing. theres a companion that can fill any role needed/cover any weakness

play the game and decide for yourself instead of asking random ppl? k

As for it being fotm class I'm pretty sure the only classes that have less people playing them on imperial side are agents and tanking bounty hunters.
    hmm

maybe ill try sorcerer/sage then

im kinda sorta thinkin maybe i should try out a ranged dps/caster class cuz from thinkin about it.im always playin melee type classes i never really play casters or ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, are you playing this game or no? You keep making threads about how you hate x feature or think y is retarded... I'm beginning to think you're trolling these forums a lot more than you actually play.

There is no right choice. Play what you want. All ACs and specs are completely viable to level with. Hell, you could allocate points randomly and probaly level almost as fast as anyone else. The only thing that can tell you if you're making the right choice is whether you like that AC's playstyle.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Leveled as a Merc healer the entire way to 50, didn't have too many gripes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    OP, are you playing this game or no? You keep making threads about how you hate x feature or think y is retarded... I'm beginning to think you're trolling these forums a lot more than you actually play.

There is no right choice. Play what you want. All ACs and specs are completely viable to level with. Hell, you could allocate points randomly and probaly level almost as fast as anyone else. The only thing that can tell you if you're making the right choice is whether you like that AC's playstyle.
    Apparently you can only LOVE or HATE a game? I am enjoying the game but SHOCK you can also discuss cons too...

I wanted to ask because I heard you can't change and didn't want to continue leveling said class if I made a bad choice for playstyle

Deleted
    They are currently the most powerful in both PvE and PvP. Especially PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    D'you enjoy your sorceror? If so, then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Commando/bounty hunters appear to be the best at soloing. They also do much more damage than sages/sorcerors at 50, both in PVE and PVP. I am levelling one now :>

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Apparently you can only LOVE or HATE a game? I am enjoying the game but SHOCK you can also discuss cons too...

I wanted to ask because I heard you can't change and didn't want to continue leveling said class if I made a bad choice for playstyle
    What I think he meant to say is, that your question is a bit short and lacks any direction. If you make an entire thread with something like this, it has no context, no comparison, no apparent source, you might not get the responses you seek. Negative might not be the word for it, but is this question really worth asking and more importantly, is the way you asked this question really worth it's own thread?

Because truthfully, you could do alot better. There's many ways to ask a question. Why do you doubt your choice? Explain that first. What kind of answer do you expect? "OH Sorc is like OP dude, OP" and then that makes you super happy? Or are you looking for more indepth info? If you are, also ask the question indepth.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-12-27 at 11:57 AM.

I have a level 50 Sorcerer, and I don't like it that much. There's a lot of frontload damage with Lightning Spec, and good DoT Damage with Madness, but the Class just feels too squishy, overall. It's not a bad Class, it's actually pretty good, but it's just too easy to get focused down in PvP, and anything you have to do on your own (Dailies, and such) is a complete pain. These seem to be game breakers for the Class, in a game with such standardized damage

A Bounty Hunter Mercenary is basically the same thing as a Sorcerer, but it gets to wear Heavy Armor and is overall just more durable. I'll be making one of these next, to avoid getting focused down so easily in PvP; but I will switch to a Sith Warrior Juggernaught, if BioWare fixes Melee Classes.

Since you said you like solo questing, I'd suggest doing the same; Bounty Hunter Mercenary if you favor ranged, or Sith Warrior Juggernaught if you favor Melee. I think a couple other Specs like a Bounty Hunter's Powertech, or maybe a Sith Inquisitor Assasin would be good at Solo Questing, but I can't really speak to that, as I haven't researched them since they look awful for PvP
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    How in anyway is my post remotely considered negative? I wanted to know if Sorcerer was ideal for solo questing...A basic question

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i was gonna make a sorcerer/sage(think thats the jedi version of it)but i heard thats like the fotm class

and i never play fotm classes
    Yes, you could literally make an entire Faction out of Sith Inquisitors, and they'd still outnumber the Republic on most Servers
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

There is no right choice for solo questing due to the fact that there are class quests which makes every class unique. You miss a major story line when you go one class, and when making another you'll be just as excited as the first time you leveled your char.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I have a level 50 Sorcerer, and I don't like it that much. There's a lot of frontload damage with Lightning Spec, and good DoT Damage with
    [................]
    , or maybe a Sith Inquisitor Assasin would be good at Solo Questing, but I can't really speak to that, as I haven't researched them since they look awful for PvP
    I'm currently playing my Sith Inq as healer and I have to say that it seems to be easier to kill things than as a dps specced Sorc. You will need your companion, but I can chainpull quite a long time before my force is gone. I don't care about PvP.

I'm currently at ~lvl 22, so I don't have the end-game experience, but if it stays this way, it's definitely better than my lvl 22 Powertech (dps specced).

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I'm currently playing my Sith Inq as healer and I have to say that it seems to be easier to kill things than as a dps specced Sorc. You will need your companion, but I can chainpull quite a long time before my force is gone. I don't care about PvP.

I'm currently at ~lvl 22, so I don't have the end-game experience, but if it stays this way, it's definitely better than my lvl 22 Powertech (dps specced).
    It's hard to judge a Class off of leveling Content, your pet tanks pretty much everything