Poll: What Order will you Chose?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Order will you Chose?

now for a synopsis I made for anyone who doesn't know :P

Orders are guild wars 2’s answers to factions, at some point during the player’s personal story they can make a choice to ally with one of the 3 orders. After the choice is made a player gains access to order specific armor, weapons, gear, and even influences certain parts of the players high level personal story. It is not required to join an order to play the game and it is possible to switch orders if the player wishes to with “a little work” as stated by arena net.

Vigil
    “These crusaders understand that the world is a dangerous place. They intend to be an army of light against the onslaught of darkness”
    Founded by Charr General Almorra Soulkeeper the order of vigil are a group of crusaders comprised of multiple races who believe the elder dragons can only be defeated by the races of Tyria uniting to face them.

Current Leader: Almorra Soulkeeper
    View: While there is darkness in the world the Vigil will be the light that protects those that cannot.
    Method of facing the dragons: the Vigil prefers to face the Elder Dragons head on, facing the minions of said dragons hoping to gage the strength of said dragons to find weaknesses to defeat them.

Durmand Priory
    An order of scholars founded on the basis of Securing and Vanguarding the lore and history of Tyria. Their most current and notable contribution is creating the language of New Krytan. They scour for lore on dragons of the past.

Current Leader: Gixx
    Views: They believe knowledge is the greatest tool of sentient races and share it with the other races freely (but causally) so that it might better the races of Tyria
    Method: they believe that the knowledge of the past encounters of the dragons will be the way to defeat them once and for all and hope to find lore on a way to stop them.

Order of Whispers
    An Ancient order that originated from Elonia that relies of secrets and shadows, the order prefers running things behind the scenes preferring other claim the glory instead. It is rumored that they played a big part in slaying Abandon and preventing him from bringing Nightfall upon the world. With their extensive networks stretching from Elonia to far beyond Tyria they are not an order to be tank lightly. They are one of the few groups to have had knowledge of the elder Dragons before they had awakened and Returned to Tyria

Current leader: ???
    View: You are truly victorious when your enemy knows nothing of you and everything of him
    Method: They believe there is no way to physically defeat the dragons and thus the only solution is to send them back to sleep.

I was just wondering which Order were you thinking of being a part of? I'm leaning towards Vigil with Durmand Priory being a close second
    off-topic: yay for my first started thread :P

Deleted
    While the Durmand Priory sounds interesting, I think I'll go with the Vigil.

I'm a nobody, order of whispers it is for me!

Edit: omg made a kingdom hearts pun without even knowing it...
    Last edited by zito; 2011-12-27 at 03:02 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them. But...

I'd go with the Order of Whispers for my sniper-

I mean, Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    All of them. But...

I'd go with the Order of Whispers for my sniper-

I mean, Engineer.
    Mif is watching you!

>.>
    <.<
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vigil for my main.
    However, my Mesmer is going to be part of the DP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Durmand Priory, I like the story behind this order

Vigil for me I will enjoy taking the Elder Dragons head on =D
    Yep

The Vigil! Almorra Soulkeeper is an awesome character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    The Vigil! Almorra Soulkeeper is an awesome character.
    Oh yea she was the one in Ghosts of Ascalon, can't wait to see her ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vigil. I am biased

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if I roll warrior or thief. Vigil for warrior and order of whispers for thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    Vigil
    believe the elder dragons can only be defeated by the races of Tyria uniting to face them.
    They sound pro-Skritt, so no thanks.

Durmand Priory
    Current Leader: Gixx
    Method: they believe that the knowledge of the past encounters of the dragons will be the way to defeat them once and for all and hope to find lore on a way to stop them.
    Run by an Asura, so no doubt a fine organisation.
    But it does sound a bit too Indiana Jones.

Order of Whispers
    Method: They believe there is no way to physically defeat the dragons and thus the only solution is to send them back to sleep.
    Sounds like they need to take a lesson from good ol' Master Bronk, who taught me the benefits of superior firepower. He liked to say, "When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as overkill."

So in conclusion, I don't know

Durmand Priory sounds pretty cool. Not usually much of a lore buff, but it seems the lore in GW2 could be very interesting.

I'm stuck between Durmand Priory and the Order of Whispers. I will probably go with the Durmand Priory because the Order of Whispers seem too pessimistic to me. I would love the Order of Whispers but I just don't like their idea of the dragons can't be defeated so they have to put them back to sleep, maybe I have them all wrong but that is just my view of it for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I'm stuck between Durmand Priory and the Order of Whispers. I will probably go with the Durmand Priory because the Order of Whispers seem too pessimistic to me. I would love the Order of Whispers but I just don't like their idea of the dragons can't be defeated so they have to put them back to sleep, maybe I have them all wrong but that is just my view of it for now.
    I'm curious to see how the HELL could you even put such dragons back to sleep, if an Asuran couldn't mind-control it...

D:

hey guys and gals I'm planing on making a video on the Orders (and hopefully start a weekly-ish video series) and was wondering if y'all know of a good video recording software (preferably free)

ty ^^

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm a nobody, order of whispers it is for me!

Edit: omg made a kingdom hearts pun without even knowing it...
    lol

I'll be going with the Order of Whispers. Goes well with my choice of guild name, Deus Ex Machina (wikipedia it, it's pretty cool.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Order of whispers, out of nostalgia
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    As much as I'd love to go with the Whispers for nostalgias sake, I reckon I'll end up with Vigil, unless the perks and armors etc are far better for another faction :P