Rogue, Priest need some advice

Hi.

Me and my Priest friend are playing RP in 2v2, and enjoy it very much.
    Just started to play again, after a long breake.

We are doing fairly good, going 1800+ now.
    Polishing every tactic as we go.

But there are some comps / classes we struggle with, and where hoping someone could give us some advice.

Our base strategy is to Kidney Shot and Fear on the same time, followed by a dance/smoke/blind and Sap if possible.

Mage + any class
    This is the worst class we can meet in arena, they eat us alive
    We do not know which of the one to CC and who to kill..
    We have tried to DPS mage or whoever his partner is, but when our cooldows are used, my priest get polymorphed and i die.

The stuns, polymorphs and silence is just to much for my priest when he must spam dispell on me.

Hunter + healer
    Scatter shot and (frost/freeze/ice?) trap on my priest and they nuke me.
    Disengage is on a shorter cooldown then my Shadow Step, so eventually i will fall short.
    And if not, he slows or traps me while deflecting, and just run away from me.

We have allso here tried to hug pillars, and it seams to work some times, but hunter just keeps pulling me out, and his healers usually stand on a long range, so going for him would be suicide.

What to do? who to DPS and who to CC.

Resto Druid + Melee
    Seams that key to killing anything in this combo is to get a Kidney Shot on a target with zero hots, while the partner is in a fear.

But my priest does have a hard time getting to the druid with all those Cyclones and peels from the melee.
    And if I try to go for the druid, the melee just peels me of, so druid is free to go around rooting and cycloning

In mage teams, you have to sit on mage 24/7 pretty much, with mind numbing up all the time. Priest has to SWD / Los as much poly's as possible, while you kick/garrote/gauge/stun the ones he can't negate. Priest should dispel you if his mana is good. If it's a mage/priest you will probably have to burn priest to win, while still sitting on a mage (priest occasionally lands 1-2 burns on any healer team though, just to scare them away). You can shiv the healer if he's close to help your priest land a fear btw.

That's coming from a mage though, haven't played RP since s8, so can't really say much about modern hunter healer or druid melee. Getting a kidney on a druid so the priest can get to him and fear will help. Another thing would be luring the melee into los and going hard on him there, so the druid rushes in and gets a fear. If a melee does not come to los, you get a free restealth and perhaps a sap on a druid. As for hunters - try doing damage to pets and perhaps even killing them (if the hunter does not want to go los). If you kill a pet and hunter's away you get a free restealth.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    In mage teams, you have to sit on mage 24/7 pretty much, with mind numbing up all the time. Priest has to SWD / Los as much poly's as possible, while you kick/garrote/gauge/stun the ones he can't negate. Priest should dispel you if his mana is good. If it's a mage/priest you will probably have to burn priest to win, while still sitting on a mage (priest occasionally lands 1-2 burns on any healer team though, just to scare them away). You can shiv the healer if he's close to help your priest land a fear btw.
    Should i swap weapons during fight to apply Mind or use it instead of Wound ?
    Feel like my priest must dispell 24/7 while i sit on the mage, and still its hard to keep pressure up.
    Ending up my priest getting burned, while i stand in a nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima-EU View Post
    Should i swap weapons during fight to apply Mind or use it instead of Wound ?
    Feel like my priest must dispell 24/7 while i sit on the mage, and still its hard to keep pressure up.
    Ending up my priest getting burned, while i stand in a nova.
    One way to do it would be a weaponswap, I used to use it on my rogue too (but remember that it triggers a global). Another way would be FoKing mind (FoK actually costs LESS then a shiv, I've seen a lot of rogues going mind on throwing). Although I guess going mind MH will do, it's the easiest to keep track of.

Novas - mages have 3 of them, pet nova on 20 sec cd, regular nova on 25ish sec cd, cone of cold on 8 sec cd. - so that's not a lot of dispels needed. Since the first thing you do when reaching a mage is shiv crippling, it's not needed to dispel the slowing effects, you should be able to keep up.

Of course that's theory, in practice good mages will cover their novas with something on a priest thus letting them get distance, they'll draw you into los so the priest has to show up and receive a mana burn or something like that, it just comes to who's better at the game in the end :P

Played a mage priest with like 30 games win streak this week, only teams that we were getting close games with were good rp's (although of course MP has the upper hand in my opinion)