Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Quality =/= Quantity
    This definitely. I much prefer 1 million good and mature players over 3-4 million where the amount of jerks/douchebags increases exponentially.

Anyways, EA/Bioware is being very conservative with the published numbers. I would say it's closer to 1.5M-2M at this point.
    And they already said that the game is already profitable with 500K stable subscribers, so anything above that is just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    no - with RIFT (when i got it from steam) i wasnt charged for the next month till AFTER the 30 days FREE had finished - EA charged my card the moment i added it to my account.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 10:35 AM ----------

NO

my bank has informed me the payment has been called for and has been actioned - EA allready HAVE my money.
    Thats bullshit and you know it
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

pretty sure star wars broke some sort of guiness records for biggest and fastest growing mmorpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    It was over 1M pre-orders, I wouldn't be surprised if they had between 2.5-3M subs right now!
    nope, probably more around 1-1.5 million
    2.5-3 million would be crazy given that the game is only officially out in western europe and NA
    and people saying 4 million, lol, that would be the same as wow western numbers, lets not be ridiculous

Deleted
    the real question here is when does the SWTOR site goes up so I can buy my digital account?

Deleted
    no - with RIFT (when i got it from steam) i wasnt charged for the next month till AFTER the 30 days FREE had finished - EA charged my card the moment i added it to my account.

NO

my bank has informed me the payment has been called for and has been actioned - EA allready HAVE my money.
    I guess you are special since I HAD to put up payment info before I could play...so please stop pulling crap out of ur ass and be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    I think you'll get more mileage from the xbox 360 joke.

Anyways, it's pretty well known at this point that this is a made up controversy and isn't true.
    Is there any proof that it isnt true? Is it truely inconceiveable that this could happen to some people? I think youre faith in billing is way to high.

And it still doesnt mean shit for anyone who doesnt have a creditcard, and that is a large portion of the buyers. Varies depending on nationality, but still. Those are then forced to rely on being gametime cards, nothing wrong with that its a valid option. But in this situation you are then forced to buy 2 months of gametime to activate your subscription, even tough the box cleary states that the game comes with a 30day subscription, which is by any account a lie.

As the game itself does NOT grant you a subscription. Which is why you still need to set up one with your creditcard, or paypal. And then you get the first 30days for free, but thats not the same as a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    The replay value is fantastic. Making alts has never been so good, and there is a large amount of endgame flashpoints for PVE content (as well as the operations/raids) and a big PVP grind for the PVPers.
    Did you get past the initial zones? I already dread trying to play another class on same faction. Everything else except main story is just too much boring repetitive crap. Is it so hard to try and mix stuff a bit when you dumped so many resources and put so much focus on questing?
    Or maybe increase xp rate and spread the stories on different planets.

NO

You called your bank over £8.99?

and I've not been charged yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Exactly.

Kid walks three miles to buy game with picket money. Kid walks home and installs game.

Kid can't play until he walks another three miles and spends more money on a 60 day gamecard.

That my good men, is what is known as a scam.
    In that case, every single MMO appears to be a scam.
    I had to input subscription details when I purchased WoW at the end of vanilla/ start of TBC.
    It's clearly stated on the packaging that setting up a subscription is required to activate the 30 days, hardly a scam if you ask me.

1 million is the official number as of now. But that was some days ago.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Kameis View Post
    It's the same any any other major MMO? Rift, WoW, Aion, everywhere.
    No it's not? You do not need a subscription for the first month after you buy a fresh copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsandoo View Post
    No it's not? You do not need a subscription for the first month after you buy a fresh copy.
    Yes, you do. Well, not for Aion, not anymore, since it went F2P. But when it was P2P you had to. Same as any other P2P game. Also, it say so ON THE BOX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    1 million is the official number as of now. But that was some days ago.
    Yeah December 23th to be precise, is so long long long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what it says on my packaging.

And i quote -

"30-DAY SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE"

Which is blatantly a lie and false.

You do not get a 30 day subscription with the purchase.

You get a 30 day subscription with the purchase AND with purchasing more game time. You DO NOT get a 30 day subscription unless you make additional purchases.

The wording on the box is a complete lie.
    Really? I bought the game and set up my subscription. I am now playing and my credit card has not been charged. I fail to see the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kameis View Post
    Read the "reducing server queues'' announcement by Bioware first. They raised server caps and added a lot new servers.
    They didn't quadruple the server caps, and people flock to heavy/full servers typically before new servers (and new servers were also being released through early access and the first few days).

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to wait 6 months at least until you get a final view on realistic subscriber base because that is when the people who have signed up for 6 months will re-subscribe or leave. Essentially it doesn't matter, if it peaks at 1.5 million we already have what we could realistically expect at maximum, the investment model is designed to run at 500k subscribers. Now my own predictions are that we will see it down to 750k by end of April. Many people will by then have decided whether to stick or leave, the release of Diablo 3 (if it succeeds) will play a major role in this as well. Even so 500k is a pretty daring number but at the end of the day SW:TOR is just another game project for EA.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I guess you are special since I HAD to put up payment info before I could play...so please stop pulling crap out of ur ass and be honest.
    giving card details =/= making a payment.

You have to do the same for every P2P game that's released, i had to do it for WoW when i started maybe rift this and DCUO (What a mistake buying that was).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Purchasing refers to a business or organization attempting for acquiring goods or services to accomplish the goals of the enterprise."

By giving them your credit card details with the intent of the company to charge payment, you have made a purchase, whether or not the payment is pending or processed.

Thanks
    All I keep hearing is a deperate guy screaming "lawsuit!" after cutting his own leg off with a chainsaw. Seriously, get over it or stop playing the game. It's how it's worked since the dawn of P2P MMOs. If you don't like the game enough to go through the "hassle" to put in your credit card information to NOT be charged, maybe you should just get the fuck out of the game and stop moaning about it on a forum? I bet you could have used the time you wrote that ONE post and just do it and get it over with? No? Moaning about that "problem" is fucking offensive. First world "problem" right there. Fucking embarrasing.