Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Get to 50, get PvP, come back.

Everything is fine once you actually get PvP gear, before then it doesn't matter, because you're not max level and you have no gear. SA are far from underpowered.

Learn to fake cast if you're getting interrupted. You have huge advantage over most classes with stealth, use it to your advantage, you're also one of the best classes 1v1 so I can only really say you need to practice more.

If you're easier to kill when you don't have cooldowns don't you think that's actually the way it should be?
    this im sure balance will be much better once everyone has PvP gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh I think I need to upgrade ma gear. Also this is less of a 1v1 thread as it is a 'how does it fare in a warzone'. I think Im just finding it difficult because
    a) the healers are either non-existent or just downers
    b) If I manage to kill someone 1v1 and there is another enemy around and I hav maybe hit the enemy once on an aoe I am stuck in combat for a while and am unable to heal up / get out of combat for a very long time.

I guess im just annoyed that the transition from combat to out of combat in warzones is a bit rough atm and kind of inconsistent. I often find myself just sitting behind a pillar waiting to get out of combat so I can go somewhere and heal. Feels a bit derp wen im just sitting there for ages until either someone comes along and kills me because Im low or Im just idling for a very long time.

Anyone know how the in combat / out of combat thing works? Lets say I hit an enemy once and we dont engage at all after that, how long does it take to get out of combat?

#Edit: To all those l2p ppl I make use of all my stuns / CDs as often as I can - I hav every single available slot key bound. In fact I hav more keybinds in this game then I do in wow.
    Last edited by SkyBlueAri; 2011-12-27 at 12:27 PM.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Antichamp View Post
    ARE YOU PLAYING THE SAME GAME AS THE REST OF US?! 50-70% of the people in warzones are SA/JS. Just look online the Empire out numbers most Alliance 3-1. On my server its 4-1 so ya. pretty much every 2 people make a SA or SS
    where do you see those stats?
    i was looking around for something like that the other day, but couldnt find anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Anyone know how the in combat / out of combat thing works? Lets say I hit an enemy once and we dont engage at all after that, how long does it take to get out of combat?
    I dno how long it takesto get out of combat, but it sure feels as fucking ages, i hope they reduce it, but it might be too easy to abuse the Heal for certain classes

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    lvl 33 here (~22pvp rank), have no problems at all in Warzones. I just got my execute and its even easier to kill people now

You may have a bad Hilt for your saber, mine does x - 228 dmg(lvl 14 Hilt) right now. A friend was lvl 40 and his saber did only x - 210 ^^.
    That's because your stats get bolstered, gear has almost no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Not true. I'm pretty sure you'd feel it if you went naked into warzones.
    Like I said, almost.
    I already saw some person botting in warzones with 3 pieces of equipment, he had around 9.7K health.
    But generally, if you're fully equipped you shouldn't notice any real difference between pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    where do you see those stats?
    i was looking around for something like that the other day, but couldnt find anything
    i would also like to know this.
    on my server, on a lv 20-24 planet, we have ~60-70 REP and ~10-20 IMP....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsaimed View Post
    I dno how long it takesto get out of combat, but it sure feels as fucking ages, i hope they reduce it, but it might be too easy to abuse the Heal for certain classes
    Yeh I figured this but it does giv the classes that flourish from being stealthed a bit of a disadvantage. Which is why im saying the class could do with a heal or a better defensive CD. I forsee this being difficult to balance in the future. But I sure hope they come up with something genius!
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Sith Assassin underpowered in PvP? Wait what?...

Sith Assassin specced into Deception can take down anyone 1vs1 if played right..

Level 39 here. I'll admit.....until a few levels ago I had my doubts about being an assassin. The damage output seemed rather week until few days ago.

I will say though, I am not the conventional tank/dps build, nor am I the standard deception build. I prefer the hybrid tree (madness) which allows for a crap load of dots and (and self healing.)

It's rather funny to watch people try and kite an assassin as he tosses insta cast dot procs on your ass from quite a ways away. People tend not to expect this.

Highly recommend it.

You should try PvPing as any Sith Warrior, JUggernaut or Marauder. At level 20, you get no stuns, no knockbacks, no CC, nothing. You can slow people, and that's that. And if you're an unlucky bastard like me who keeps getting Huttball, then you're gonna be raging a lot. I ended up rerolling into a sorceror. So much better.

Did you says powwwaa?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    You should try PvPing as any Sith Warrior, JUggernaut or Marauder. At level 20, you get no stuns, no knockbacks, no CC, nothing. You can slow people, and that's that. And if you're an unlucky bastard like me who keeps getting Huttball, then you're gonna be raging a lot. I ended up rerolling into a sorceror. So much better.

Same here, Playing as an Marauder is just frustrating and boring.. stopped at lvl 30.

Made a Sith Assasssin instead!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Not even max level, but yet label as class as been bad, and reroll to what's "better". If you'd of played for 6 more levels you'd of had your CC. Force Choke, Force Push, two taunts to stop damage aswell to your allies. You actually gave up one of the best classes, Juggs are one of the best classes for Huttball, stop going after only kills and you'll see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Not even max level, but yet label as class as been bad, and reroll to what's "better". If you'd of played for 6 more levels you'd of had your CC. Force Choke, Force Push, two taunts to stop damage aswell to your allies. You actually gave up one of the best classes, Juggs are one of the best classes for Huttball, stop going after only kills and you'll see why.
    I'd rather have fun playing a class that good at all levels instead of playing a class that's only good after a certain level. That's just how I play.

They can take down consulars very fast if doing coordinated burst with other players, but 1v1 they will get rocked by a decent consular the way rogues get rocked by mages in a certain other MMO.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    As of now Ranged will beat Melee easily until you level up a bit, gain more CC's/Stuns and more power hits.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Wtf is wrong with you... got a lvl 30 sith assasin and it fkin pwns in pvp..... This is not wow and you will not cc to death a class in 4 seconds.... get used to the game... I am lvl 25 valor rank in pvp.... I get 4k crits with the backstab as starter and i just got another stun besides the lightning one and it fkin rocks.

Sin pwns in pvp if u pick target with care not run into groups and expect to own them..... you believed this is wow.... jez

Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    Are you realy asking for 1vs1 balance in an mmo where you are supposed to play as a group? The only balance that matters ist the 8vs8 right now.
    You guys can argue with this all you want but usually MMO's are not balanced around 1v1, the OP (SkyBlueAri)'s problem all describe 1 vs. 1 situations, meaning that it is exactly what Drigoly said, it's not balanced around that.

Now if I had to guess, if he works in a group with the rest of his team mates he does fine unless they are out numbered or focus him down, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    That may be true but in mass pvp, assassins tend to eat a lot of dirt...or plasteel, whatever that is.
    everyone eats dirt in "mass pvp", it's nothing but a zergfest and your class doesn't matter at all, but at least assassin/shadows can escape them.