Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sith Assassin: Underpowered in PvP?

As the title says, ive been playing my Sith Assassin and im level 44 atm. Ive done quite a bit of pvp, level 15 on valour (maybe thats not SO much for some but its a lot for me) and it seems like unless I get the jump I am almost completely unable to consistently kill someone who is not half stupid. Wen facing a skilled opponent it seems I hav to blow every CD I hav just to survive and get them low. If force cloak isnt up then I am really screwed because I cant run for very long esp if they are ranged. Wen I try to cyclone them I get interupted etc. Even wen bursting on a ranom playing with the upper hand I struggle to get them low and usually end up having to bail.

I hope its not just me because I am trying to make use of all my CDs most of the time. But I just feel the class needs some defensive / healing buffs because I feel helpless against most other classes.

Anyone hav any similar thoughts? Tell me wat u think about Assassins in pvp if you've come up against them before
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Are you realy asking for 1vs1 balance in an mmo where you are supposed to play as a group? The only balance that matters ist the 8vs8 right now.

They give my Marauder a good run for his money, but that's not saying much because Marauders are pretty terrible in pvp aswell. Granted i'm only level 20 so I don't even have any cc yet. Seems to me that without having your cc abilities up it's pretty much impossible to kill any of the ranged classes.

Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    Are you realy asking for 1vs1 balance in an mmo where you are supposed to play as a group? The only balance that matters ist the 8vs8 right now.
    There are medals for 1v1'ing people.

Oh and you should be using your stealth and getting the jump on people, if you aren't stealthed stay away from combat til you can stealth again or something.

My level 20 Marauder is valor rank 20 aswell. :<
    Last edited by Ashcrack; 2011-12-27 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    Perhaps read the op's post again. He is not asking for 1v1 balance per say, he is asking if other people think sith assassins feel under powered in pvp, or if it's just him playing wrong.

Thumbs down

Lol this...hahaha this made me laugh for a long long long while. By far the best post on the site.

You are for sure doing it wrong. U have all the best parts of the op wow champs. Stealth, Burst, CC...Rogue mage? haha I am a 50 Guardian and its fun being sapped only to know if i trinket that i will be stunned and then stunned again and if i somehow am winning the fight...vanish reopen...I die. Thank you for making my day sir. L2P and then cry somewhere else.

valor 15 is quite low. atm against people with no expertise on 43 jedi shadow i 3 shot with cooldowns on a regular basis. drigoly is attempting to apply wow logic to this game, it's pretty unbalanced whether its 1v1 or 8v8. i've won 1v2-3 and kept groups of imperials camped till they rez back to med station. are you deception specced? you should be tearing people apart.

Deleted
    PvP rants: BEGINNING NOW!

I can melt peoples faces within 3gcds at lvl 50. It'll change when people get pvp gear, but not by much I guess. Without cd's assassins seem to be easy prey, I agree with you on that part.

Assassins seem fine to me, unless you don't like being cooldown dependent.
    Last edited by Nev12; 2011-12-27 at 12:11 PM.

I haven't seen many Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows, but the ones I have seen did seem pretty weak
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I haven't seen many Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows, but the ones I have seen did seem pretty weak
    ARE YOU PLAYING THE SAME GAME AS THE REST OF US?! 50-70% of the people in warzones are SA/JS. Just look online the Empire out numbers most Alliance 3-1. On my server its 4-1 so ya. pretty much every 2 people make a SA or SS

Thats a shame - i was planning to roll a Jedi Shadow after my Sniper hit 50.

Bioware really needs to catch up to all of its mistakes fast if it wants to stay competitive. Sniper is good but can be unresponsive - half the time my spells don't show the damage they did. I can see on healthbars they had an effect but i don't know what it is. Melee seems more responsive but if its too weak then i won't bother rolling it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Antichamp View Post
    ARE YOU PLAYING THE SAME GAME AS THE REST OF US?! 50-70% of the people in warzones are SA/JS. Just look online the Empire out numbers most Alliance 3-1. On my server its 4-1 so ya. pretty much every 2 people make a SA or SS
    Ehm, i've seen a few but certainly nowhere near that many Assassins and Shadows.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Sorry, but it's you. I'd suggest using keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Antichamp View Post
    I think you're confusing the Base Class, with the Advanced Class

Sith Inquisitors easily make up over 50% of the population; but most of them (at least the ones that I have seen, and that most people I've talked to have seen), are Sorcerers, not Assassins
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    i pvpd abit as lvl 16, and i didnt really seem to have any problems 1v1, except places that heavily favors ranged players cuz i have no charge vanish or anything like that, but im pretty sure it will change, i have done a few 1v2s cuz i burst down one guy and kite with dots/restealth on the other, feels pretty solid as low lvl alrdy

Deleted
    Sith assassin/Jedi shadow is perhaps the easiest class for me to kill as sniper. They go down really fast unless they tank specced not to mention that they can't do crap due to my toolbelt of control..

10+ Year Old Account
    I see alot of 50 assassins steamrolling republic players in almost every warzone, so I think not : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Get to 50, get PvP, come back.

Everything is fine once you actually get PvP gear, before then it doesn't matter, because you're not max level and you have no gear. SA are far from underpowered.

Learn to fake cast if you're getting interrupted. You have huge advantage over most classes with stealth, use it to your advantage, you're also one of the best classes 1v1 so I can only really say you need to practice more.

If you're easier to kill when you don't have cooldowns don't you think that's actually the way it should be?

lvl 33 here (~22pvp rank), have no problems at all in Warzones. I just got my execute and its even easier to kill people now

You may have a bad Hilt for your saber, mine does x - 228 dmg(lvl 14 Hilt) right now. A friend was lvl 40 and his saber did only x - 210 ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by shadylol View Post
    sith inquisitors easily make up over 50% of the population; but most of them (at least the ones that i have seen, and that most people i've talked to have seen), are sorcerers, not assassins
    unlimiiteeed powwwaaaaaaaah

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    unlimiiteeed powwwaaaaaaaah
    I'm proud to say that I rolled a Sorcerer because i liked the Emperor in Return of the Jedi, not angry power Palpetine from the Prequels