Cool Australians and SW:TOR

Hey there guys, I've been browsing here for a little while hoping to find some answers to some questions I have but I figured a new thread might help me a bit more.

Being Australian and having to wait til next spring for the game is a bit of a drainer so I was wondering how I could go about getting the game now/soon.

If I head to Amazon and buy a copy there will I be able to create an account and play? or will it realise I'm from Australia and disallow me to play?.

If there's anyone who can give me a surefire way to be able to play this from Australia it would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance, Poonswoggler/Zak

10+ Year Old Account
    I just preordered from EB games today.
    BTW its sometime from jan-april when we will get it.
    (more likely than not, april)

I bought the game from amazon and ive been playing the game since i got it. , the game isnt Ip blocked so theres no worry there. They just didnt sell it here yet
    Edit: The only downside to amazon is the postage, but if you wanna play within the next week or so its the best choice.

I bought the game from amazon and have been playing since pre-launch. What happened for me was I bought the game and got sent a code to play, I could play the second I got early access, week later I got the physical copy and officially registered the game with the physical copy code. You're stuck with oversea's server but for me the latency has been better than wow servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I bought the game from amazon and have been playing since pre-launch. What happened for me was I bought the game and got sent a code to play, I could play the second I got early access, week later I got the physical copy and officially registered the game with the physical copy code. You're stuck with oversea's server but for me he latency has been better than wow servers.
    Early access ftw :

Deleted
    I've read this whole thread in an aussie accent.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought mine from G2play.net.

Got my CD-key in about 10mins, took 5 mins to set it up, was playing it within another 5.

I'm Aussie.

I pre-ordered from Amazon and have been playing since early access with no hitch (there is no region blocking, if you import you can play),just pick a West Coast US server and you'll get the same ping as playing on an Oceanic server on WoW (I actually get better ping in this game compared to what I got in WoW)

If your looking for some unofficial Australian servers, The Swiftsure (PvP), Jekk'Jekk Thar (Pve) and The Harbinger (PvE) are were most of the Australian guilds who pre-made their guild got placed (there is some queues at the moment) but I've never waited more then 10-15minutes and they will drop down after a while anyway.

Oh brilliant!

Would you guys reccomend it? I'm over WoW and theres no real good estimate for the GW2 release date and I want a good new game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonswoggler View Post
    Oh brilliant!

Would you guys reccomend it? I'm over WoW and theres no real good estimate for the GW2 release date and I want a good new game to play.
    If you like star wars and enjoyed wow you can't go wrong. Game made me retire from a 6 year raiding position in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by fuseku View Post
    I've read this whole thread in an aussie accent.
    Lol me too

Oh brilliant!

I'm loving it, I've levelled a Sith Sorcerer to 33 but my true calling was Imperial Agent and I'm levelling her at the moment and she is around level 16 and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not really a big star wars fan (sure I've seen the movies), but that doesn't matter as this game is still great fun to play regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    You guys aren't missing anything, trust me. Hell, by the time you get it, BW may have actually fixed a lot of crap in this game.
    You must be playing a different game than me. SW:TOR is extremely good, plays well on relatively modest hardware and for a new MMO release is remarkably short of bugs. I have found nothing in the game to give me any cause for concern regarding its stability and level of completeness for a first release. I have been part of the release for pretty much all MMO's and this one is the best so far.

If you would care to quantify what your issues actually are, instead of making sweeping statements, then perhaps someone here can help you ?

Oh brilliant!

oh god yes personally i played wow since release ive quit for a year now, swtor is AMAZING i highly HIGHLY recommend trying it even if you don't like it hell give the industry your support of $60 for making a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    You guys aren't missing anything, trust me. Hell, by the time you get it, BW may have actually fixed a lot of crap in this game.
    lol spot the wow fan boy much?
    poor guy by a lot of crap do you mean tiny little things that make no difference in game play that probably took wow 7 years to correct and still have not in some cases?

this is probably the most polished fresh exciting game ive played in a long time, its hard to believe this has just been released its that polished and amazing fun.

also Bioware/EA just announced approx march 1st they will be releasing LOCAL OCEANIC Servers,(meaning 10-50ms for us) i for one give my full support to any company who finally does this for us oceanic people.

for those Aussies interested in buying and playing before march 1st buy from www[dot]cdkeys[dot]com[dot]au
    Last edited by rusky; 2011-12-27 at 02:30 PM.