Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Come on, Bioware... It's been a week and no new raid content???

Really, guys... Blizzard puts you all to shame. WoW had such a better model than SW:tOR did when it came out... not to mention the graphics!

THIS is how a game really should look like when it's released!

Not trying to bash WoW, but I'd like to make a personal request:

If you dislike tOR as it stands, please unsubscribe and never even think of playing again. Preferably, go back to WoW and just stay there. I'd really hate for another great game to be turned into a version of "Hello Kitty: Island Adventures."

PS: Does it really need to be said that it took a total of ~11 (4 developing) years for WoW to get as many people as it does?

Infracted. It's clearly stated in the SWTOR Forum rules and even has it's own sticky to not make threads like this. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-27 at 02:28 PM.

You are trying to bash wow, thats the ide behind you making this thread even though really you can't compare the release of the two games at all.

no one has even beat the operation yet in nightmare or regular even. But yep give us more end game content.

love the video by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread will probably get locked rather soon and the poster banned. I do miss that wow opening music though... so many memories

Deleted
    As much as I love TOR, that video still has a thousand times more charm than SWTOR will ever have.

It may be the music I dunno.

This just makes me want to play WoW again
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    This just makes me want to play WoW again
    Hah, I'm on the same boat. I'm just listening to the tbc and vanilla themes on youtube now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    As much as I love TOR, that video still has a thousand times more charm than SWTOR will ever have.

I think the different Races having different Wireframes, instead of just being a recolor of the Human Model might have something to do with it, too
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

There's this "10 reasons why you should try GW2" video on Youtube where it's mentioned that music creates the nostalgia of a game. Great music? Great nostalgia! So you could be right that the music makes you long for those old days when you first started playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev12 View Post
    Hah, I'm on the same boat. I'm just listening to the tbc and vanilla themes on youtube now.
    Lol, I have both login screens Favorited

Not Wrath or Cata though

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually love the music in SWTOR to and given enough time I'll get nostalgic about that opening build up at the character select screen

Deleted
    It is true that the hard mode content has been cleared already but soon you can also enjoy it once you reach 50:

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the video makes me feel nostalgic. I loved that game. But it simply cant compare to what swtor is. Swtor will grow in subs and eventually become king as wow slowly loses subs. I love you WoW. we had such amazing times together. I really did love you so much. Rest in peace as the game that paved the way for swtor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post

I couldn't agree more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthNemis View Post
    Honestly the video makes me feel nostalgic. I loved that game. But it simply cant compare to what swtor is. Swtor will grow in subs and eventually become king as wow slowly loses subs. I love you WoW. we had such amazing times together. I really did love you so much. Rest in peace as the game that paved the way for swtor.
    See you in 4.4/Pre MoP.

Deleted
    This video...nostalgia overload...

If you're trolling, please don't.

Neither argument for which game is better holds any weight whatsoever. Each game is good in its own way, and ultimately, each game boils down to personal preference. Some people like what WoW offers, so they'll play that. Some people like what TOR offers, so they'll play that. Some people like what BOTH offer, so they'll play BOTH.

I don't understand what twisted universe MMO players come from, that they feel it necessary to crap on a game they don't like, and overzealously support the game they DO like. Why can't each individual person make his OWN choice? It's a VIDEO GAME, dude. I don't see people talking like that about single player games. I don't go into a video game store to buy Skyrim, only to have the clerk tell me that Skyrim sucks and I should play HIS game instead. Just let people play what they enjoy, man, seriously. When it comes to games, there IS no superiority. It's just a matter of what each person finds fun and enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    See you in 4.4/Pre MoP.
    Even if pigs flying over hell dropped snow to freeze it over you wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    It is true that the hard mode content has been cleared already but soon you can also enjoy it once you reach 50:

Wait, what is this? Hard Mode? Nobody even moves in this video!

Deleted
    How can you compare WoW (2004) to SWTOR (2011)? It's so fucking retarded. In 2004 you didn't have the technical experience nor as big experience of MMORPG's. If WoW never would have existed neither would SWTOR.