Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Not once have I said that you, or anyone else should stop playing, or stop enjoying SWTOR.

I'm just presenting the objective facts — that World of Warcraft is a suprerior product

Your favorite game doesn't have to be as good as WoW; I'll still play TOR for a bit, and I'm sure many others will do the same, and for even longer. I mean, people played SWG until the Servers shutdown, people still play Rift, Warhammer, etc. There's nothing wrong with liking those games, only something wrong with trying to claim they're as good as, or better than WoW, when they are just outright worse
    Correction: WoW *used* to be a superior product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    There would be a debate if we were talking about WoW questing 4 years ago. As it stands now SW:TOR only has kill/collection quests. WoW has a vastly better leveling experience.
    Really because for most of cataclysm I still killed/collected.. Wait wait I forgot the goblin island where I drove a car and collected..

Quote Originally Posted by MagusGothica View Post
    A million+ people like it, one random guy on the Interbuttz hates it. OH FUCK GUYS. Cancel your subs, the servers will be permanently taken offline by this time next month.
    Funny enough, I personally think this was one of the main reasons WoW lost so many subs. One guy started to hate on WoW, then it became some sort of bandwagon with more people hopping on to it. Blizzard implement new features to the game that "destroyed" it, when in truth, it was requested by a majority of the players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alver View Post
    Definatly not. I played WoW since Beta and it was amazing. But when i compare it to SWTOR in terms of charm. WoW goes down, down to the ground while SWTOR shines.

And like it or not but SWTOR will have cut around 3 million people from WoW in about 6 months.
    SWTOR is and will be big success no matter you like it or not.
    I've also been playing wow since the early stages, 1.9. But for alot of us, we grew up with WoW so it has something special that will never be re-lived in another game.

I love TOR as much as the next guy, but you're just coming across as a blind fanboy who snaps at everything remotely negative said about his game.

Subscribers mean nothing too, Aion has 5-6 million subs and is still an awful game.

its been the better part of a decade since wow came out times have changed (and graphics) during that time. No need to hate on wow... you CAN like both. i do, though I choose to only play one... don't be a hater

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Wait, what is this? Hard Mode? Nobody even moves in this video!
    That is a flashpoint (like an instance in wow) not an operation, so that is not the raid content.

Correction: WoW *used* to be a superior product.
    WoW used to be a 10/10

WoW is currently more like a 6/10

TOR is a 5/10, at best
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Alright, I'm getting out of this thread, it's pissing me off, and frankly, I have better things to do. Allow me once again, to remind and refer you to:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-here-Threads.

This thread shouldn't even EXIST. By creating it, and by posting in it, you're all (including me, unfortunately) breaking the forum rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saisen View Post
    That is a flashpoint (like an instance in wow) not an operation, so that is not the raid content.
    It's also shot from the tanks perspective which is very narrow and may not see everything happening in the party

Subscribers mean nothing too, Aion has 5-6 million subs and is still an awful game
    you understand that this is your personal opinion right? I am sure it isn't awful for those 5-6 millions...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

TBC 9/10
    SWTOR 8/10
    Current wow 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    I've also been playing wow since the early stages, 1.9. But for alot of us, we grew up with WoW so it has something special that will never be re-lived in another game.

I love TOR as much as the next guy, but you're just coming across as a blind fanboy who snaps at everything remotely negative said about his game.

Subscribers mean nothing too, Aion has 5-6 million subs and is still an awful game.
    Aion should not be brought up in these discussions, it's designed for an entirely different market, which enjoys that type of game (Eastern/Asian MMO)
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW used to be a 10/10

TOR is a 5/10, at best
    Even the user polls on meta critic disagree with you and so many kids on their hate that game and gave it a zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Even the user polls on meta critic disagree with you and so many kids on their hate that game and gave it a zero.
    Wait until it's been out for 2-3 months, and everyone is 50; then see what they give it

This thread shouldn't even EXIST. By creating it, and by posting in it, you're all (including me, unfortunately) breaking the forum rules.
    true, im surprised the thread has been open this long. i wouldnt generalize and say everyone here is impinging on the rules by posting on a thread like this- just those who try to feed the flames.

WoW used to be a 10/10

TOR is a 5/10, at best
    BS current wow is nowhere near 6/10, more like 4/10 max. I do agree with old wow being 9/10 and SWTOR I am really enjoying. The reason I am giving it 8/10 is cause of endgame I am unsure of.