Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Your Ideal Gold Amount.

This is not a question of how much gold you have. Rather how much gold do you believe you need for expenses to become moot.

I myself picture 58-68k being an ideal amount for myself. The only large expense I have to worry about are BiS crafter epics, and currently they can be quite expensive. I don't really fancy ultra-high-end vanity items such as old TCG mounts or that one cooking recipe you see on the AH from time to time that's going for 52k.

How about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Since you can pretty much get everything on my server for 20k or less (Excluding the really rare stuff) I'd say about 50k just to be stable. Not too greedy but at the same time not making myself too poor.

Around 1k gold for repairs/flasks if you are raiding and aren't allowed guild repairs/guild cauldron. Besides that it depends how much costs your good/BiS item if you have no way of getting it through raids/arena/bg's/quests.
    This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world.

Deleted
    5k, anything more is for fun.

The more gold I get the higher amount I seem to want "banked". After getting to 100k I dont want to drop below that. Unless I see a Lightbringer tabard for 100k but thats not gonna happend.

Well, I N.E.V.E.R pay cash for BiS gear (why should I?) and I sell any BOE valor stuff I get on my chars, so I have way more income than expenses. However, I always want to have at least 30k. Not sure why that exact amount, it just seems right.

There have been times when I've had above 100k though, and the first time that happened was when I was farming to get the Crimson Deathcharger. I'm a mount collector so people often ask why I don't ask to buy TCG-mounts, but tbf I'd rather pay real money for them. Why? Because me making gold = spending x amount of hours farming and capping VP. In those hours I lose more IRL money than if I were to pay 150 euro for a Savage raptor and such, since if I'm farming in-game, I can't make real money. The only time I would farm like a moron again, would be if they added a BoE horse of the epic Warlock mount.

Since hitting 10k way back when I try to be above that point whenever possible. I don't buy crafted epics...and when I need them I just get my gf to make them for me as I play a druid and...she's a LW. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy too many tcg mounts to have an ideal gold amount. I try to stay over 1 mil though.

100k per char 397 craft and epix gems are expensive

Deleted
    1 million.

Don't want to miss the opportunity to buy a spectral tiger, on EU servers they are EXTREMELY rare and they sell fast (usually 500k - 700k).
    I missed it once, thought 550k was too much... and now I pretty much regret not having bought it.

Without TCG stuff it would be 200k, as there are still normal Mounts in game like Sandstone Drake, Tundra Mammoth and the Chopper which cost a lot. Oh, and not to forget the famous Poseidus mount, which usually costs between 50k - 100k. As a player who dislikes PvE, I don't have to spend gold on so called BiS stuff.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2011-12-27 at 07:17 PM.

before they raised the gold cap there was one on my server for the gold cap, like 220k or whatever it was? meh, ground mounts.

I like to have atleast 300k. I spend about 100k each tier getting the latest and greatest BOEs asap. I generally can replenish that amount during the tier, but I like to have the buffer. I dont farm, I dont do dailies, so if I were to run out of gold, it would be difficult for me to rapidly replenish.

Deleted
    I would not want to go under 100k. With that amount I feel "safe" if I should need to buy consumables or any sudden BoE...

My goals are higher, but that was not the question :P

I think somewhere around 30k is sufficient for me. When around 30k I feel like I can still buy some of the stuff I want from time to time..

Quote Originally Posted by Formoor View Post
    Around 1k gold for repairs/flasks if you are raiding and aren't allowed guild repairs/guild cauldron. Besides that it depends how much costs your good/BiS item if you have no way of getting it through raids/arena/bg's/quests.
    For one night maybe. If I had to pay for flasks pots and repairs one night of progression would be over 1k.

30 pulls let's say half of them I can double pot so 45 pots. 4 flasks. 400g for flasks and roughly 400g for pots. Repairs will be at least 300g.

9.999.999g 99s 90c

Account cap (double if you add guildbank cap on all 10 chars)

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

If I have less than 1k on any of my alts at any given time, I usually consider them being in a bit of trouble, as with current prices that means I might have to make an effort to afford gems/enchants for new gear that they acquire.

On my main, I like having a bit more, 5k give or take is a good number, means I can afford most important raid-related things (Heroic raider, so I have no excuses for not coming repaired, ready to provide consumables for at least myself, and all that jazz).

At the moment I'm probably below 10k combined which is a bit of a pain in the arse, and I'd like to have more to feel comfy. Sadly I hate professions, I hate daily quests, I hate grinding, and I only really play to raid and nothing else what so ever, so my only income is from raid gold drops or 5man gold drops for valor capping alts. It usually works though, in the long run it makes up for most raid expenses.

So. 10-20k overall and I'm happy.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

I'm trying to get to 100k.

That way if I have more it's not a big deal to buy a splurge item like a rare pet or some gear that i could farm but too lazy without actually feeling tight when i get upgrades and need to by gems/enchants

Deleted
    Mind you I got to the old gold cap in summer 2010...

I see the "comfortable" amount at around 10k.

If pushing content I would like around 200k, pots, flasks, BoE's, epic gems etc. If not I could probably manage with 10k.

I really don't farm at all but I really like to never go below 50k. Most of the time I am between 50-75k