Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thumbs down after playing the beta...

i'd like to say that i am thoroughly disappointed and have no intentions on playing this game

its pretty obvious, blizzard north and sierra are dead and all the creativity they had has died with them

this game just feels like a hack and slash wow, too easy, too cartoony not dark/horror like the original and it's sequel

this is not an installment in the diablo series, its a disgrace. blizzard needs to rename this

they are shitting all over the game

dont even get me started on the RMAH

Deleted
    I've heard that the first act in the easiest difficulty will be easy and that the hardest difficulty will be almost impossible. From what I've seen in gameplay videos it's just as dark as the first games and the graphics, while not the best around, are still amazing. iirc Diablo 2 was just as easy in the beginning with mindless zombies doing nothing to you. I do remember Diablo 2 being harder, not because of amazing AI & enemy abilities, but because you kept running out of mana and having to go back to town to buy new potions was a pain in the ass. I'm glad Diablo 3 fixed these issues as well as adding a lot more to it.

I can't say much more because all I've seen is half act 1 in beta but I'm definitely buying the game and hopefully the end will be as hard as they promised.

So what OP is saying is, he played the beta, one act, a very minor fraction of the game, and say's it's bad and to easy.
    Hmkay, see you guys in the Trenches of Inferno mode.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd like to say that i am thoroughly disappointed and have no intentions on playing this game

its pretty obvious, blizzard north and sierra are dead and all the creativity they had has died with them

this game just feels like a hack and slash wow, too easy, too cartoony not dark/horror like the original and it's sequel

this is not an installment in the diablo series, its a disgrace. blizzard needs to rename this

Opinions are like anuses.
    I, for once, hated every aspect of diablo 2, it was a pale shadow of diablo 1 and couldnt get me to play it for longer than 6 months, while diablo 1 kept me playing for about 5 years.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

What solid reasoning, complete with actual examples for all of your claims!

Deleted
    Completely agree with the OP. I got extremely bored within minutes.

I, for once, hated every aspect of diablo 2, it was a pale shadow of diablo 1 and couldnt get me to play it for longer than 6 months, while diablo 1 kept me playing for about 5 years.
    So... you paid roughly $50 for a game you played for SIX MONTHS and state it couldn't hold your interest?

To the OP:
    You can say the same about WoW. In fact, many did. They called it an easy, cartoony version of Everquest.
    Look where WoW is, and look where EQ2 is. All I'm sayin'...

Also -
    I challenge you to go back to Diablo 2. Go to Act 1 Normal. Run up to enemies. You can literally almost TOUCH them before they aggro. Watch how long it takes a mob to actually KILL a lv 1 character. Do it. Then tell me about Act 1 Normal Diablo 3 difficulty. Please.

lol D3 is much better than D2 in almost every aspect. D2 normal is super easy too. I don't know if you have even played D2 if you said that it's hard. Don't even get me started to list all of the flaws in D2 that D3 did much better.

Condor(Blizzard North) was good when they were with Blizzard but you know how it turned out when they made their own game like Hellgate. It failed then some of those people who made hellgate went to form new company called Runic. Torchlight1 = joke
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2011-12-28 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol D3 is much better than D2 in almost every aspect. D2 normal is super easy too. I don't know if you have even played D2 if you said that it's hard. Don't even get me started to list all of the flaws in D2 that D3 did much better.

Condor(Blizzard North) was good when they were with Blizzard but you know how it turned out when they made their own game like Hellgate. It failed then some of those people who made hellgate went to form new company called Runic. Torchlight1 = joke
    hellgate would have been a good game if they hadn't pushed it out so quick. diablo fans were really willing to give that thing a chance but they just pushed it out way too hard and way too fast and so what came out was a pile of steaming dog shit

10+ Year Old Account
    So... you paid roughly $50 for a game you played for SIX MONTHS and state it couldn't hold your interest?
    Yes. Back in the day, games would keep you entertained for years.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

Diablo 2 normal mode will turn out to be a lot easier than it's Diablo 3 counterpart. In D2, you had to play on /players 8 just to have some sense of challenge in the game, and the only two creatures in the whole game that could cause you some problems were Duriel and Diablo. So no, Diablo 3 is not easier, even in beta. And whining about the graphics is not only old and unjustified, but also plain childish and ridicolous.

Still waters run deep.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    They would? Which games would these be?
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2011-12-28 at 07:01 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I'm in the beta. I never played diablo titles before.

They want to draw in players like me.

Realistically, they won't. I had some fun in the game but I would never give them money for it. It's not worth buying. My opinion, I'm mostly unbiased towards this title.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    Your statement is invalid..
    You played in the first act, on the easiest difficulty, which always will be easy to help new players to get started in the game, and that has even been stated by Blizzard themselves.

I will get you started on RMAH..
    You are not forced to use RMAH, you can choose weather you want to pay with in-game currency, or RL currency.

What you have tried, is probably less than 5% of the actual game, so your complaints doesnt really hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Any game you liked you played, Hell I played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for like 6 years.

There was no game companies spewing another installment of x game every year or so if you liked the game you played them and if you didn't you did something else.

Now the people who don't like games bitch on forums.
    Hi Sephurik

Just stop this discussion.
    The more haters not buying this game the better. It doesn't matter if one million old D2 players won't buy this game, there still will be enough. 90% of the players are desperately waiting for the release, no matter how many "I played beta and it sucks" threads are posted.

@Necrolepsy
    No offense to you, personal opinions can't be discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any game you liked you played, Hell I played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for like 6 years.
    And let me quote this because its too true to only be said once:
    Now the people who don't like games bitch on forums.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone played the beta of the new torchlight II ? or have I been asleep and it's out?
    My blog & rants: www.wocky.me

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I'll still play the first Fallout games, Arcanum, Summoner, Total Annihilation, Vampire, X-Com, etc. along with D2 to this day. I'd love to get my hands on some of the old gold box D&D rpgs I played before I had a Windows OS. I used to consider any game I bought to be worth a min of 120 hours of entertainment. The exceptional ones stretched through the years easily. One of the things I like about the wave of games I'm anticipating in the coming year(this, TL2, GW2) is that they're in the genres to provide that. Most games I buy these days offer me a forgettable story through a cumbersome lens that might last me a tenth of that. We still get our New Vegas and Skyrims though

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melpo View Post
    Anyone played the beta of the new torchlight II ? or have I been asleep and it's out?
    No public beta yet. Some media have gotten to try it, and it's been playable at various conventions. the Diablo folks at incgamers, the crew that might be the oldest and most well known Diablites around did a review of it recently and compared it to D3. Surprisingly, it heavily favored TL2 to be a Diablo site. Reasons cited focused on the pace, freedom, and visceral nature of the Torchlight world. the D3 beta is a lot more slow and tedious by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    I grew up playing games. From Atari and Colecovision to PS3 and Wii and PC games all throughout. The first game I had that entertained me for years was Diablo 2...