Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    too many bots these days that's for sure.
    I hope they do something, it's ridiculous right now.

I'm more disturbed at the amount of multi-boxers nowadays.

Deleted
    Every bg, 3 or 4 per. I play bgs late night.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I never even notice them. o.O

Admittedly I don't do much bg's, but I've also never seen a bot. Not even when there were supposed to be a ton of them around. Even outside bgs I've probably only ever seen two mining bots.

Perhaps I've been lucky, or the bots have just been good enough that I haven't noticed, but I've never had an issue with bots. Idiots, those I've seen a-plenty though. Lucky me, I guess.

Done probably 20 BGs in the last few days and have only seen 1 on Horde. However, whether there were any on Ally I'm not sure because I tend to hide my team frames on +15 games.
    Will keep an eye out on Ally and have a gander.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

I wouldn't know, I don't watch my bot play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    I wouldn't know, I don't watch my bot play.
    lolled.

There is normally at least 1 bot per BG. But tbh it has little to no effect on the game most of the time - since a lot of people are just as bad. If anything, I've seen 2 people camping the GY to kill one bot - the non-bot team has lost 2 players to control 1.

Deleted
    Way too often. But it's so easy to spot them I wonder why blizzard hasn't developed a better system for it. I mean, moving from deathplace to the same spot for 10 times in a row can't be that hard to spot...

There is so much bots atm that Blizzard just cant ban them all - thats why they sue all of the companies.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    not often enough for me to make a qq thread on mmo champ.... maybe 1 in a bg.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    There is so much bots atm that Blizzard just cant ban them all - thats why they sue all of the companies.
    the thing is, its a 3rd party company that makes software that can be used for things like botting. and they lose most law suits like this. say i use my naga cord to strangle someone, can the government then shut down Razor for making a product that killed someone? its what the person does with the product, not what the product can be used to do.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

the thing is, its a 3rd party company that makes software that can be used for things like botting. and they lose most law suits like this. say i use my naga cord to strangle someone, can the government then shut down Razor for making a product that killed someone? its what the person does with the product, not what the product can be used to do.
    Well, glider lost the case with some ridicoulus arguments from blizzard side like infringement of copy rights because of memory access. Blizz got money and money rule teh world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    not often enough for me to make a qq thread on mmo champ.... maybe 1 in a bg.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 04:15 PM ----------

That's silly. Seeing how bots are made *specifically* for use *within* WoW. Anything they can do for you is simply not allowed by the ToS. This may well be the silliest comparison of the day, for which I applaud you.

I'll usually suspect there are at least a couple in most battlegrounds I'm in, but they seem to be on both sides so I've only rarely had this feeling that we were losing due to them. They can be quite comical at times anyway.

On the bright side though, and despite my dislike of them, they do more than some people, and they never argue over silly things in BG chat.

Pretty much every BG... most people still don't notice its a bot since they actually run and assault a base for example. I wonder if it really is that hard to track that they let bots run around in bgs non stop.

It feels like I get them more than I should, because there'll be (this is subjective, I know) - something like half the time - at least one person at 100k/50k or 5k/100k or 50k/2k or something ridiculous like that even though they didn't cap flags or defend bases or anything. They also usually die a lot and I mean a lot.

Recently I have been seeing more of them, to where there is at least 1 bot every 3 games.