Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Good to know some people can afford to ignore there job and go on vaca still!

http://www.sctimes.com/usatoday/article/52200896

Wow, its nice to know that being the president in one of the most trying times in our last fifty years still finds time to go on a Hawaiian pleasure vacation, with us paying! I hated how Bush took so many, and I hate this.

"Oh, both your parents have to work full time jobs, with another part time on the side just to get by? Sad to hear that, thanks for paying for my luxury vacation!"

What a joke. I am not saying I want our president to be miserable or anything...but this is a flat out insult to hard working families everywhere. Have fun doing absolutely nothing on vacation that you do not have to pay for...

I would write more, but I have to go to work again!

So your mad because the most powerful man in the world decided to take a little vacation. Other than that he probably is working when he isnt sleeping.

Btw its not all his fault that your parents dont work full time jobs, or that they didnt go to college, and if they did go to college and still cant find a job then i feel sorry for you. I find it pretty hardpressed that they couldnt find a job at mcdonalds or a factory, theres alot of those around here always hiring and my town is in no way rich.

<warning: stay away from personal attacks>
    Last edited by Maharishi; 2011-12-24 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    So your mad because the most powerful man in the world decided to take a little vacation. Other than that he probably is working when he isnt sleeping.

Btw its not all his fault that your parents dont work full time jobs, or that they didnt go to college, and if they did go to college and still cant find a job then i feel sorry for you.
    Excuse me? My parents both went to college, as did I, and they are both still working today (One for a veterans hospital, one for the state)

Glad to know you think its fine for our president to waste his time on a tropical luxury vacation while the country is going steadily downhill!

After re-reading my own OP to see where you even got "LOL YOUR PARENTS ARE UNEMPLOYED AND SO ARE YOU!" from, thinking I may have made a mistake, I see that I did not, and you apparently either cannot read, or chose to ignore anything that went against what you were going to say?

Wait a sec, GW took vacations all the time from 3 weeks to a month, and your complaining about Obama taking a slightly over two week vacation around the holidays, where he kept working for a week after his wife and children had already left?

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Wait a sec, GW took vacations all the time from 3 weeks to a month, and your complaining about Obama taking a slightly over two week vacation around the holidays, where he kept working for a week after his wife and children had already left?
    I said in my own post that I did not approve of W's in any way either. Does anyone here actually read entire posts before they reply?

You know, I could take you seriously if you were talking about congress, but the president? The guy is piratically on the job 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    You know, I could take you seriously if you were talking about congress, but the president? The guy is piratically on the job 24/7.
    Except when he is on luxury tropical vacations apparently!

Deleted
    your complaining that he brought home all your troops from Iraq, has no public appearances scheduled, and is taking a week off over Christmas to be with family and friends (I assume he will see family since he is from Hawaii as far as I recall.) Not to mention he has a compliment of advisor's should anything happen, will no doubt be travelling on Airforce one which by all accounts is a mobile oval office and centre of government.

Jeez Get off his back for 2 mins and let him be a human being for once

Deleted
    It's pretty obvious to me that you've no idea about the job of ruling a country, especially one as vast as the US. Running a country is gunna be pretty damn stressfull and i don't blame Obama for wanting to take a bit of time, he already delayed it by a week to finish off the plans with congress. Where does it say the taxpayers are paying for it? No where i can see so as far as we know he's paid out of his own wages. Chances are he's working long hours each and every day. Honestly the stress is the big one though, look at photos of any world leader before and after they served as president/prime minister/leader and you'll see they look aged well beyond other jobs. Sure all jobs are stressfull, but i doubt anywhere near the kind of stress running a country would be especially at this current time.

Yes, he personally brought all the troops home.. O.O wow, the delusions of some people never ceases to amaze me. The fact that it took him this long is an insult to the troops and anyone that cared.

<warning: post respectfully, no need to call others deluded>
    Last edited by Maharishi; 2011-12-24 at 10:13 PM.

QQ first the President cannot magically fix the economy. This is historically been the case and it's only a shame people still don't know that. So if you're gonna bitch about him taking a time off during these "trying times" you may as well get pissed at every other president over the next 10 years who so much as even takes a breather

Second, Presidents are people too. Believe it or not most of his day is NOT spent in luxury, and is actually spent going through a shit ton of retarded ass bills that need to be vetoed. President is not a "i sit around" job. It's a "i run the country" job. and he works a lot. So cut a person some slack for wanting to take christmas off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

For a person who pretty much works 12-18 hours per day trying to set everything straight to take a 2 week break and just go away from work (read: Work on reduced hours and relax a bit)..... How horrible.....

10+ Year Old Account
    well Hawaii is a state...... and...... where his family lives.....

also another thing

is congress not in session? Obama cant do a thing, congress is the one who makes legislation NOT HIM

Well shit, OP. I guess they should tell him to come back so he can spend all of Christmas day in the Oval Office signing documents...

If WW3 breaks out, he'll come back to his bunker. Until then, he gets time off work like everyone else. Besides, a few dollars spent on flying him to Hawaii is a few dollars they're not spending on pointless wars...

I am not even from the US and I dont quite identify myself with the left wing, but... I just have to ask... What the heck is wrong with you?. I am pretty sure hes a human being too and he deserves to enjoy the life, sometimes you just gotta take a break.

Everyone deserves a vacation. Hell, most Europeans think that working Americans don't take enough Vacations. Just because he's the president, and some shit's going down, doesn't mean he can't have a vacation once in a while.

I think your attitude is the joke here.

He might be on a beach, true. He is working though, right there on the beach. When he goes home to set down with his family on Christmas, he will still be working. As many have said. he is always working, at any moment his life could be interrupted for business.

Off Topic: George Bush took more vacations than any other president in history, while we were at war, and the economic situation was worsening.

so when you are the president you arent allowed to do anything for yourself? grow up

nobody bitches at you for watching TV or going out when you arent working. No Job is 24/7. Not even the president

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Wow, its nice to know that being the president in one of the most trying times in our last fifty years
    As if he has the power to actually fix the problems your country is currently dealing with. Hate to burst your bubble mate, santa's not real either!

Oh by the way, he's born in Hawaii, so you might just say he's visiting his hometown,... during christmas... oh lord save them from this evil tirant!

Like most have said you need to get over yourself OP, everyone deserves to have some time off.

What do you expect him to do, magically fix your economy over the next two weeks?