Deleted

How many beers is how much Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)?

I wonder how many beers you need to drink (a bottle 330ml) to get a 1% BAC? (believe me I know this is a LOT and I don't want to attempt this, but I am just curious.)

Also how much would your BAC be when you would have say....10 beers.

I think it varies from person to person but I think its 1 beer per hour can be filtered through body but i think a 160lbs person could have 10 beers and be at something like .19%

1% is fatal in most cases and requires alot.. probably more beer than what a normal stomach could contain

Im not certain on any of this though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    I think it varies from person to person but I think its 1 beer per hour can be filtered through body but i think a 160lbs person could have 10 beers and be at something like .19%

1% is fatal in most cases and requires alot.. probably more beer than what a normal stomach could contain

Im not certain on any of this though

However (but these are just lucky people)

In 1995, a man in Wrocław, Poland, had a car accident. At the hospital, his BAC was determined to be 1.48%. He died a few days later from wounds from the car accident. Police were baffled as to how an individual could attain such a high blood alcohol. Later, police discussions with his brother in-law revealed that he had "beer bonged" pure grain alcohol allegedly stolen from his place of work, a chemical plant.[42]

In December 2004, a man was admitted to the hospital in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, after being struck by a car. After detecting a strong alcohol odor, doctors at a hospital conducted a breath test which displayed the man's blood alcohol content at 0.914. Concerned that their equipment was malfunctioning, doctors also performed five separate lab tests, all of which confirmed the man's blood alcohol content.[43] The man was treated for serious injuries sustained in the crash and survived.[44]

In February 2005, French gendarmes from Bourg-en-Bresse, France, conducted a breath test on a man who had lost control of his car. He had an alcohol content of 0.976.[45] He was not injured in the accident but was charged with a €150 fine and his driving license was canceled.
    There have been reported cases of blood alcohol content higher than 1.00.

In March 2009, a 45-year-old man was admitted to the hospital in Skierniewice, Poland, after being struck by a car. The blood test showed blood alcohol content at 1.23. The man survived but did not remember either the accident or the circumstances of his alcohol consumption.[46] One such case was reported by O'Neil, and others. in 1984. They report on a 30-year-old man who survived a blood alcohol concentration of 1,500 mg/100 ml blood after vigorous medical intervention.[47]

In 1982, a 24-year-old woman was admitted to the UCLA emergency room with a serum alcohol concentration of 1.5 (1510 mg/dL). She was alert and oriented to person and place (reported in The Lancet, Dec 18, 1982, p. 1394). Serum Alcohol Concentration of course is not equal to nor calculated in the same way as Blood Alcohol Content.[48] (By conversion using BAC=SAC/1.14, this would correspond to a BAC of 1.33.[49])

In South Africa, a man driving a Mercedes-Benz Vito van containing 15 sheep, allegedly stolen from nearby farms was arrested on December 22, 2010, near Queenstown in Eastern Cape. His blood had an alcohol content of 1,6 g/100 ml. Also in the vehicle were five boys and a woman who were also arrested.[50]

In Poland, a homeless man was found sleeping half-naked on January 28, 2011, in Cieszyn. His blood had an alcohol level of 1.024%. Despite the temperature of −10 °C and extremely high blood alcohol content the man survived.[51]

http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org/

I didn't try it to see but I would be suprised if it goes that high. .4+ is basically death. There are (at least us states) offical calculators they use to determine if you are lying or what category you fit into for evaluations. They look like the linked one pretty much and use weight/time+amount=estimated bac.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    With beer I'm pretty sure it's not possible, as was said. I think you would need something MUCH more potent because considering: how fast your body processes the alcohol and how much liquid your stomach can actually handle, I don't think it'd be possible with just beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really matter. You would be dead long before you got close to 1%. More than your stomach could hold though.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    In South Africa, a man driving a Mercedes-Benz Vito van containing 15 sheep, allegedly stolen from nearby farms was arrested on December 22, 2010, near Queenstown in Eastern Cape. His blood had an alcohol content of 1,6 g/100 ml. Also in the vehicle were five boys and a woman who were also arrested.[50]
    I found this strangely hilarious.

Deleted
    It depends on each person as different sized people can drink different amounts but anyone would need to drink a huge amount to reach that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    people are just talking about body weight..

it also depends on the size of the beer can / stein / cup / mug etc...

1 2 liter beer =\= 1 12ounce etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Also how much would your BAC be when you would have say....10 beers.
    amount / quality / body weight?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I found this strangely hilarious.
    I think it was the sheep...I chuckled at that part...