Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    1. Why should you win 1on1 as a healer? heal vs Dps with equal gear&skill should be stalemate. Nothing more nothing less.

2. 2vs1 you really shouldn't expect to much. Vs casters you can troll them and los for a loong time but 2 meele you're bound to get gibbed
    I should be the one healing slowly grinding down the dps.

I shouldn't be healing myself and watching the dps nuke me whilst else healing also.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

I shouldn't be healing myself and watching the dps nuke me whilst else healing also.
    If they do not have any self-healing, then healers would always beat DPS.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

As much as the dps should just burst through your healing and kill you before he is death.
    It's really just prespective. I think it's most fair to say 1on1 noone wins

If you get no support you shouldn't have time for sightseeing when 2 dps are on you. Healers are not a autarchic entitiy, they should always function in a group and it's the groups task to keep you free of too much pressure.

<-playing diszi priest as well as rogue in arena myself so kinda looking at it from both sides
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2011-12-28 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    All of the stock "L2P"-type responses here are distracting from a very real and valid complaint: priests are far too squishy atm.
    You may have noticed that you go down relatively faster than the previous patch as a priest but you aren't the only one. I as a hpaladin find it really harder to keep myself up as well than the previous patch so it's not just a priest issue

Quote Originally Posted by Apostatissa View Post
    You may have noticed that you go down relatively faster than the previous patch as a priest but you aren't the only one. I as a hpaladin find it really harder to keep myself up as well than the previous patch so it's not just a priest issue
    That would likely be the change to Mortal Strike for melee classes.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Have no problem killing hunters or mages one on one.

Rest of the classes are just retarded.

Deleted
    I heard that duels matter

Burst from ret pala and rogue makes it impossible for me to do anything apart from maybe shield, pom, renew or pain supression. Everything else gets interupted or I get "cant do that whilst stunned"
    Shield, pain sup on the opener if you're in twos (in 3s your partners should be able to peel from you and stop that pally before he even gets to you). Desperate prayer if you need to, power word barrier after pain sup is done. You can fake cast to dodge the interrupts. You can also dispell wings if needed (if you don't have a mage or a shammy definitely dispell them, that's where the burst is, the true burst that is) You also have a fear every 24 seconds, assuming they trinket once your partner should be able to cc them and they'll be susceptible to your second one. Also How can I forget inner focus : Interrupt free for a few seconds ! Power infusion on yourself can also greatly help to keep up. You have a million ways to survive and your partners to peel for you.

Don't get me wrong, you can't survive forever, but 5 seconds is a joke so is 10 seconds. You have enough cooldowns to go past that. Manage your cooldowns that is key don't pop everything at the same time.

That would likely be the change to Mortal Strike for melee classes.
    This is another problem. My ability to heal or do anything gets nerfed whilst a warrior continues to get cc's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Probably priest if he is able to fear...

Win quote of the day..
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostatissa View Post
    I heard that duels matter
    It does. One on one situations happen a few times in pvp.

If anything healers should be able to do more damage than they currently do.

This is another problem. My ability to heal or do anything gets nerfed whilst a warrior continues to get cc's etc.
    Based on your responses so far, you want to be able to solo any DPS class simply because you are a healer and think that two DPS classes shouldn't be able to kill one healer. Unfortunately that's completely unrealistic.

Deleted
    So it's unfair that you can't solo 2 classes at once because you are a healer? I honestly don't know what you are trying to say here.

2v1 isn't balanced, you are not supposed to outheal them both. You can outheal their damage, and they can outheal yours in the duel, so that sounds balanced.
    What he's trying to say is that he shouldn't be killed in a matter of seconds, he should be able to survive for atleast 20 seconds. He shouldn't be killed before he is able to do something.

Also the other way around a healer always loses. Being a dps shouldn't be autowin aginst a healer.

I don't know what you're trying to say but you clearly ignore what he has to say.

All of the stock "L2P"-type responses here are distracting from a very real and valid complaint: priests are far too squishy atm.
    Most professional players agree that priests are the most balanced class atm, being under resto shamans and over holy paladins (resto druids coming in last due to a real problem which by the way involves being far more squishy than a priest.)

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    What he's trying to say is that he shouldn't be killed in a matter of seconds, he should be able to survive for atleast 20 seconds. He shouldn't be killed before he is able to do something.

Also the other way around a healer always loses. Being a dps shouldn't be autowin aginst a healer.

I don't know what you're trying to say but you clearly ignore what he has to say.

As I explained earlier, with the right management of cooldowns and appropriate gear, not surviving for 10 seconds with pain sup / Trinket/ DP / power word barrier/ power infusion/ inner focus up is a joke that should allow for much more than 5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a priest.

I bubble myself all the time and always fake cast/cast mindspike.
    Yea even with two dps on you a priest that knows what they're doing can survive for longer than 5-10 sec. Like steveyboy said juke and/or cast something that's not a heal, they will waste their interrupt on that, giving you time to cast your heal. I forgot the name of the addon almost everyone in arena uses that lets you know when someone used their interrupt and CDs and a bunch of other things.

Based on your responses so far, you want to be able to solo any DPS class simply because you are a healer and think that two DPS classes shouldn't be able to kill one healer. Unfortunately that's completely unrealistic.
    I should be able to solo all dps classes. I did in wrath easily enough apart from affliction locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    Actually based on his responses he isn't being solo'd by a single DPS, they are both unable to kill eachother. He is upset that he is being killed by two DPS at once.

If you read over his responses and mine you should be able to understand what both of us are saying.

I should be able to solo all dps classes.
    Hah!

No.

Deleted
    Still the most powerful arena healer. Atm Priest >>> Druid >>>>> Shaman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pally

Deleted
    they did more damage in wotlk and it was OP thats why they reduced it like that now.

It does. One on one situations happen a few times in pvp.

If anything healers should be able to do more damage than they currently do.

Really? I think my mage should be able to selfheal to full with no limits on how many times he can do it as long as mana permits it.