Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Actually based on his responses he isn't being solo'd by a single DPS, they are both unable to kill eachother. He is upset that he is being killed by two DPS at once.

If you read over his responses and mine you should be able to understand what both of us are saying.

Hah!

No.
    Yes I should. I wish we could go back to wrath were pvp actually took skill.

Hate to break it to you but if they reduced the role of CC in PVP they would accompany that with a massive nerf to healing so that you can't outheal sustained DPS. This would basically mean either healers would be blown up instantly or every match would be a team of DPS classes burning your partner while you rapidly OOM, then stomp you. Healers would then likely be benched and all PVP would be DPS teams trying to burst each other down 1% faster.

P.S. Yeah priests are balanced... except for Mana Burn...

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    You obviously played a different game to me buddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Still the most powerful arena healer. Atm Priest >>> Druid >>>>> Shaman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pally
    Nope. Its rsham by far>>>hpal/priest(depending on combo) also depending on combo priest can be better in some specific ones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D ruid

And Im talking about 3v3

If healers can solo DPS, explain the point of bringing a DPS.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Yeah I remember back in wrath when doing 3's. Me as holy pally left against arms warrior. I go "It's ok guys I got this", and proceed to kill the warrior after a while. Very balanced pvp when a healer kills a dps. :P

Altho I sense your sarcasm.

Still the most powerful arena healer. Atm Priest >>> Druid >>>>> Shaman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pally
    Actually no, Rshammy then Dpriest then Hpally then Rdruid. Just watch the ratios at tournaments.

Yes I should.[...]
    You should maybe be able to outheal a single DPS indefinitely (or at least a long time). That follows easily given current mechanics from the fact that healers need to be capable of surviving 2-3 DPS for a window, else there'd be no point in healers.

However, arguing you should be able to solo (meaning kill) single DPSers is going to take some actual reasoning.

If you're saying you should be able to live against them, then you're going to need to make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    All of the stock "L2P"-type responses here are distracting from a very real and valid complaint: priests are far too squishy atm.
    Play a resto druid or a balance druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    That would likely be the change to Mortal Strike for some apparently privilegedmelee classes.
    Fixed that for you, although I probably shouldn't be calling warriors a privileged class atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoriusj View Post
    Actually no, Rshammy then Dpriest then Hpally then Rdruid. Just watch the ratios at tournaments.
    Fair enough. I just went by feel and experience, so I'll admit I stand corrected.
    However, I feel that holy pallys are so easy to lock out. I don't pvp as holy anymore tho. Still, no hots/shields, cc combos and there you go dead dps partners. Ofcourse it all boils down to personal skill, but I can't for the life of me understand why any comp would take a hpally over a disc priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, what I've gathered from this thread, you want Healers to be gods in PVP? Yeah......no.

If Healers could beat all DPSers, what would be the point on being a DPS in PVP? Everybody would just go healer where nobody would win.

Also: WoW isn't balanced around 1v1, or 2v1 for that matter (In regards to your post about 2 DPSers nuking you). You use your Trinket and/or CDs to counter the CCs/burst.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    thats what makes arenas not enjoyable for me, whats the point of playing a game if you cant control your toon 50% of the time...
    Pro tip- You can do it to them.

LOL at that , so you want to go back to the biggest TSG era followed by the best mage cleaves era there ever were (wizcleaves in 5s 4 dps one holy pally being the biggest joke), Ele shammy/destro lock/holy pally almost one shotting you?

Fair enough. I just went by feel and experience, so I'll admit I stand corrected.
    However, I feel that holy pallys are so easy to lock out. I don't pvp as holy anymore tho. Still, no hots/shields, cc combos and there you go dead dps partners. Ofcourse it all boils down to personal skill, but I can't for the life of me understand why any comp would take a hpally over a disc priest.
    When I pvp on my mage I can solo holy palas and resto druids no problem. How is this fair?

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriusj View Post
    LOL at that , so you want to go back to the biggest TSG era followed by the best mage cleaves era there ever were (wizcleaves in 5s 4 dps one holy pally being the biggest joke), Ele shammy/destro lock/holy pally almost one shotting you?
    Atleast then I wasn't stunned and unable to cast untill i died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    Pro tip- You can do it to them.
    That heavily depends on your class/spec. Gl cc'ing a rogue for an extended period of time. You can't because he will be the one controlling you and their ain't jack shit you can do about it.

Did they changed something about how ressi works in 4.3 ? After the patch i´m getting killed much much faster than before the patch .. 4400+ ressi + soul link glyphed ( in 1 vs 1 situations, especially by melee classes) .Warlock here .

That is exactly why they're not higher on that list "I feel that holy pallys are so easy to lock out" . That is their number one problem currently. They survive well, their heals are effective and they have good instants, but they are too easily controlled with low mobility. Any interrupts/counterspells also lock out their entire tree. Once they run out of heavy cooldowns they become weaker than any other healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    That heavily depends on your class/spec. Gl cc'ing a rogue for an extended period of time. You can't because he will be the one controlling you and their ain't jack shit you can do about it.
    Actually there is.
    Trinket, cooldowns, your own cc, teammates (gasp)

bonus points when your teams rogue controls the enemy rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Quae View Post
    Did they changed something about how ressi works in 4.3 ? After the patch i´m getting killed much much faster than before the patch .. 4400+ ressi + soul link glyphed ( in 1 vs 1 situations, especially by melee classes) .Warlock here .
    No they did not, they did go up to 25 % on MS which means less self healing for you, that might be the cause of what you're feeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quae View Post
    They buffed enhancement and retri dmg, not sure about other melees tho. They also added stupid DS trinkets which lots of people use for pvp, specially the agi one that procs a 40-50k crit on 4.4k resil people