Deleted

Heroic Training Dummy - What should my DPS be?

Hey guys,

I recently left a casual guild and I am planning to join a hardcore raid guild.

I am wondering what my maximum sort of DPS should be on a heroic training dummy.

Below is my character:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...5ngel/advanced

Also, here is some logs of a raid I did tonight with the guild I left :L

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5219&e=5489

I am wondering what else I can do, in this gear, to be able to allow myself to reach a higher DPS count on the heroic training dummy. I managed to pull 21.7K dps on my own, and with a mage friend we I pulled 23.8k DPS (because of intellect buff) while he was off at 25.4k. I was wondering if I am hitting the sort of maximum sort of DPS for this gear. The mage in question was Fire and had 387 Ilevel, while I have 390.

I have tried to kit my character out, using what I have, to be the best it can be, and now want to make sure it is the best.

thanks for the help guys, hope you can give me some tips/tricks I don't already know p:
    Last edited by mmoc8e67d515d8; 2011-12-29 at 02:22 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about your dummy DPS. That's sounds about where it should be. Our damage scales better with raid buffs than other classes. I believe my dummy DPS is similar, but in a 10 man raid group with all buffs covered, DI and no legendary staff, my damage on Ultraxion is 38k. But my alt hunter with an ilvl 15 below my priest's does more damage on a dummy.. and does 24k on Ultrax. It's just how we roll...

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    Don't worry about your dummy DPS. That's sounds about where it should be. Our damage scales better with raid buffs than other classes. I believe my dummy DPS is similar, but in a 10 man raid group with all buffs covered, DI and no legendary staff, my damage on Ultraxion is 38k. But my alt hunter with an ilvl 15 below my priest's does more damage on a dummy.. and does 24k on Ultrax. It's just how we roll...
    Any chance you could share a log of that Ultraxion fight? Just curious.

21.7k is pretty much the max you can get on a dummy with that gear, even with good RNG.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    Any chance you could share a log of that Ultraxion fight? Just curious.
    This was last week. I haven't been raiding this week as I'm out of town for Christmas. No staff Probably would be in the low 40's otherwise. Getting all the spell buffs helps, along with DI. Refreshing DoTs while procs are going and just before they end... timing cooldowns well with heroism without losing uptime much.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mm65w...?s=3109&e=3362
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    Cheers for the advice guys, her'es some logs of a raid I did tonight, just wondering if you could get anything out of that to help me improve

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5219&e=5489

Please bare in mind it's 10m with no lock and no DI etc p:

This was last week. I haven't been raiding this week as I'm out of town for Christmas. No staff Probably would be in the low 40's otherwise. Getting all the spell buffs helps, along with DI. Refreshing DoTs while procs are going and just before they end... timing cooldowns well with heroism without losing uptime much.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mm65w...?s=3109&e=3362
    Pretty impressive, thanks for sharing

Edit: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1864&e=2213

I was always under the impression that 33k'ish dps on ultraxion without staff was considered a splendid performance so I wasnt too worried about my 30k but I can see that there is still a long way to go :/
    Last edited by Avrantia; 2011-12-30 at 01:02 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of things that stand out from that parse Avrantia: Your Dark Intent uptime seems low. That's something you might want to talk to you warlock partner about. You were around 75%, I was close to 100%. Also, if your guild uses heroism at the beginning of the fight, it should help you (and everyone else) align your potting/buffs/trinkets with heroism much better. The healers can phase out with their buttons at the beginning, and save their heroism for the execution phase. But if you look at the overall damage for your group, you'll see it peaks at the beginning of the fight, despite heroism being at the end during execution. That should put you closer to 33k. Other stuff is probably just gear. Maybe re-applying DoTs when you have procs of Power Torrent, Volcanic Power ect... and just before the expire? Not sure if you're doing that already.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Couple of things that stand out from that parse Avrantia: Your Dark Intent uptime seems low. That's something you might want to talk to you warlock partner about.
    In your logs, your warlock is playing affliction. Affliction locks will always give out a better uptime on DI.

For example, in my logs our warlock is playing demo, and I have a uptime of around 86.7%. However, 75% is definitely low and could be better.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=3887&e=4156

Couple of things that stand out from that parse Avrantia: Your Dark Intent uptime seems low. That's something you might want to talk to you warlock partner about. You were around 75%, I was close to 100%. Also, if your guild uses heroism at the beginning of the fight, it should help you (and everyone else) align your potting/buffs/trinkets with heroism much better. The healers can phase out with their buttons at the beginning, and save their heroism for the execution phase. But if you look at the overall damage for your group, you'll see it peaks at the beginning of the fight, despite heroism being at the end during execution. That should put you closer to 33k. Other stuff is probably just gear. Maybe re-applying DoTs when you have procs of Power Torrent, Volcanic Power ect... and just before the expire? Not sure if you're doing that already.
    Cheers, the lock giving me DI on many attempts was a trialist who died all the time so the uptime was indeed crappy. :/

I am working at DoT reappliance but its something I can get better at.