Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think the OP is right.

The RMAH will help people get better gear, right?
    This means they will more easily defeat Diablo and his evil allies.
    Once they are defeated, the war against Evil will be over.
    As we all know, war is the biggest fuel for an economy.
    Without war, the world's economy will collapse
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    if there are people gaining money in wow, maybe here you can do it

Maybe... but not by farming alone. Here's an idea... if you are truly interested.

You need a lot of time on your hands. Power leveling and grinding... a lot of grinding. The more mobs you kill the more items you get and the higher the chance you have to get a good item.
    Whilst you are doing that you are streaming it...(Get a sponsorship) 24/7 if you have to. stream it with every 15 min a ~10 second commercial (if possible), but this requires you to be interesting and/or funny for a long time because you are grinding most of the time. So you might wanna have multiple characters to show off different play styles and what not.

That might be a way to get a reasonable income... if that doesn't do it then I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by pipboyedshadowmourne View Post
    if there are people gaining money in wow, maybe here you can do it
    I think he means making money legit...
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

I hope so. I plan on not having a 'real' job and doing nothing but running at least 3 D3 accounts for real cash. And no, I'm not worried about not having health insurance when I have a heart attack from sitting on my ass 16 hours a day. By then I'll be rich 10 times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Maybe... but not by farming alone. Here's an idea... if you are truly interested.

You need a lot of time on your hands. Power leveling and grinding... a lot of grinding. The more mobs you kill the more items you get and the higher the chance you have to get a good item.
    Whilst you are doing that you are streaming it...(Get a sponsorship) 24/7 if you have to. stream it with every 15 min a ~10 second commercial (if possible), but this requires you to be interesting and/or funny for a long time because you are grinding most of the time. So you might wanna have multiple characters to show off different play styles and what not.

That might be a way to get a reasonable income... if that doesn't do it then I wouldn't know.
    Who the hell would watch a screen of someone grinding diablo 3 mobs for hours?

Wait hold on guys hold on....

You think we'll be able to save up enough Blizzard Bucks to buy another D3 copy, and then save up for another....and another...and then start using your hundreds of copies of D3 to bot the RMAH? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry bots will be doing most of the work its a blizzard game bots cling too blizzard like flys to shit
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Don't worry bots will be doing most of the work its a blizzard game bots cling too blizzard like flys to shit
    And they'll only be helping Blizz as they get a lil bit of the cut. But then again, maybe since D3 requires an internet connection... they'll be able to closely monitor bots. Doubtful though....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma6626 View Post
    The world economy has been pretty bad, with a easy place to make money like D3 alot of people will probably ditch their jobs to join the gold rush.

Do you like d3 will ruin the economy even more so? Will D3 style games be banned in the future for promoting to much lack of work?
    Not even remotely close to how much the bankers and corporations ruined it to begin with and will do so again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    But then again, maybe since D3 requires an internet connection... they'll be able to closely monitor bots. Doubtful though....
    ... what's the point of botting offline?

Deleted
    Gotta laugh at this thread, if everyone is trying to make a living of D3 then nobody will be able to.
    You would have to be from a poor country to live of D3 items.
    Its no gold rush and will never be.

Money earned in Diablo III is Battle.net cash. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by atsuma6626 View Post
    the world economy has been pretty bad, with a easy place to make money like d3 alot of people will probably ditch their jobs to join the gold rush.

Do you like d3 will ruin the economy even more so? Will d3 style games be banned in the future for promoting to much lack of work?
    omg !! Do you think the feds should step in?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocurious View Post
    I'm sorry, but as soon as I saw the title I started laughing.
    Indeed, I'm wondering if that was a typo or intentional. "Ecnonomy" is certainly a valid descriptor at this time...

On topic, as much as there can be an "on topic" for this sort of thread: No. Even if we assume one could make a living doing this, it would be no different from doing other non-manufacturing sector work; you're performing a service for someone, they're paying you for labor, i.e., your time. It's entirely equivalent to someone doing, say, freelance web design, the difference being that web design actually takes a modicum of skill, where playing D3 requires only time. Since no literal products/goods change hands, and no investments increase or decrease in value, there's no net change to the economy.

Well, except for those taking a cut of the fees. The money Activision-Blizzard will make will either go into profits or further investment in the company, e.g.,
    hiring artists, programmers, and janitors. Hopefully the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    And they'll only be helping Blizz as they get a lil bit of the cut. But then again, maybe since D3 requires an internet connection... they'll be able to closely monitor bots. Doubtful though....

What if..hold onto your hat here folks! There is a well known bot when the game comes out, obviously grinding gear...and blizzard does nothing about it for ages..what would your opinion of that be?

And internet connection or not..WoW has bots still today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    Sorry, but quoting a small part of the FAQ isn't really going to cut it, seeing as:

In certain regions, Diablo III players who wish to "cash out" the proceeds from the sale of an item from the currency-based auction house instead of storing it in a Battle.net Balance will be able to do so via PayPal for an additional fee
    Is explained right below it.

Anyway, To offer a serious opinion to the OP. The basis of an economy is that Money changes hands, and in that time various party's take a share of it. Hell, I know for a fact that if you started making a significant amount of money from it in the UK, then you would legally have to declare it, and pay tax on it as an income.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 03:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    By then I'll be rich 10 times over.
    And able to afford health insurance, therefore putting more money into the economy...

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 03:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    What if..hold onto your hat here folks! There is a well known bot when the game comes out, obviously grinding gear...and blizzard does nothing about it for ages..what would your opinion of that be?

And internet connection or not..WoW has bots still today.
    Yep, and they got one Shut down a couple of years ago, and are in the process of shutting another one down(who filed a BS lawsuit in response). Getting something shut down using legal means is not an easy process, especially when they decide to try and fight back. It took nearly 2 years to close down Glider for example.
    Last edited by mmoc310069370f; 2012-01-18 at 03:44 AM.

Uugg another monday at the old jobsite.
    /logs into Diablo.

Seems plausible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Nope, you won't make enough money from the $AH.

If the items are extra hard to get you won't get enough of them and
    if they are easy to get no-one wants to buy them.

And you would get more money selling them on a random site outside blizzard systems.
    That's assuming you farm them yourself. If the Diablo AH system would be anything like in WoW or Runescape, you can get the items by trading and the limit is only your intellect and luck and available time. Still this thread has no point, what the OP doesn't get is that this is has been going on like.. always, in all major and minor MMOs and some other games too. Being agaisnt the game's rules doesn't mean people aren't doing it anyway. Plus you probably greatly overestimate the number of players D3 will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I hope so. I plan on not having a 'real' job and doing nothing but running at least 3 D3 accounts for real cash. And no, I'm not worried about not having health insurance when I have a heart attack from sitting on my ass 16 hours a day. By then I'll be rich 10 times over.
    Sometimes I'm like Sheldon in the way I do not understand sarcasm.
    But, if this isn't sarcasm now I'm scared..
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma6626 View Post
    The world economy has been pretty bad, with a easy place to make money like D3 alot of people will probably ditch their jobs to join the gold rush.

Do you like d3 will ruin the economy even more so? Will D3 style games be banned in the future for promoting to much lack of work?
    I... must... resist... replying in my favorite manner and then getting banned for another several weeks.
    Well dude you're crazy