Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Could D3 ruin the ecnonomy?

The world economy has been pretty bad, with a easy place to make money like D3 alot of people will probably ditch their jobs to join the gold rush.

Do you like d3 will ruin the economy even more so? Will D3 style games be banned in the future for promoting to much lack of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma6626 View Post
    The world economy has been pretty bad, with a easy place to make money like D3 alot of people will probably ditch their jobs to join the gold rush.

Do you like d3 will ruin the economy even more so? Will D3 style games be banned in the future for promoting to much lack of work?
    I doubt you could make a decent living from d3, and by then gaming would be your job.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the best thread I've seen all week.

At the moment it does not look like you are going to be profiting as much as you think you will be.

It will not replace jobs, but it will probably encourage bots =/
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you won't make enough money from the $AH.

If the items are extra hard to get you won't get enough of them and
    if they are easy to get no-one wants to buy them.

And you would get more money selling them on a random site outside blizzard systems.

Deleted
    I really really doubt you will be able to make a living of it. I do hope though that my boyfriend and i will be able to at least make enough money to pay for our wow game time and maybe afford some stuff from the blizzard store ect. I think it's nice especially for people like us with not so much money that we can aid our gaming a bit! So that we don't have to save up money and struggle a bit with the game time and so on.

If this is a serious thread: I seriously doubt it.

Deleted
    Well in some countries lets say 100euro is a decent amount of money, so some might be able to live out of this. And playing a game that you enjoy for 8-12 hours of day is more fun then having a real job gathering rise or working in costructions with same amount of earnings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard put a few "taxes" on the IRL AH, it costs money to list, you pay a share of what money you get the profit margin is minmal. You can make a couple quid but you aren't going to be able to make a living off of it.

For clarification, when you sell an auction on the RMAH, you can either get "Blizzard Bucks" or you can "Cash out" to a paypal account.

-If you get your money in the form of Blizzard Bucks, there are two fees, both flat (non-percentage): a listing fee, and a transaction fee. The transaction fee only happens if the item actually sells, and all accounts will have a certain number (probably 3-5) of free listings per week, so if you sell only a few items per week you will never lose money... and can easily minimize the amount you lose to Blizzard by making sure you're selling items that people will be willing to pay for.
    -Advantage: You keep more of the money
    -Disadvantage: You can only spend it on Blizzard products

-If you "cash out" to Paypal, there will be two additional fees: a percentage-based fee taken by Blizzard, and the standard fee levied by Paypal itself.
    -Advantage: It's real money, do what you want with it
    -Disadvantage: There's not as much of it

Because of the additional fees for cashing out, combined with the fact that people have to be willing to buy the items in the first place, I highly doubt there will be many who can make anywhere near enough money to earn a living of the RMAH. However, I do see a lot of people doing Millakins alluded to: using the D3 RMAH to try and pay for WoW subscriptions or other small stuff. I know my wife is planning on trying to use the RMAH to buy the vanity items from the Blizzard store, once she can see what sells and what doesn't.

Wouldnt it be possibly if you have two accounts to save up in the form of Blizzard Bucks, and when you have a moderate amount saved up, the other account put something at the same price as you have, with the cash out option?
    Over the course of of say, 50 auctions, that would be 49 times 2 fees 1 time percent fee and 1 time paypal fee (which is something like $0.30 + 2% but may be lower if they have a deal with blizzard), instead of 50 times 3 fees + 50 times paypal fee

?

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 04:29 AM ----------

Well, technically the percentage fee is going to take a bigger portion, but $0.30 + 2% on a 2$ cashout (17% of total) is alot bigger than $0.30 + 2% on a 100$ cashout (2.3% of total)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Why have a job when you can farm items and sell for IRL currency? Best thread this week.
    Playing since 2007.

I think if I get my little kids into farming items for me this could work.

Your my new favorite person OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I doubt you could make a decent living from d3, and by then gaming would be your job.
    Exactly, it's going to be pretty much impossible unless you have dozens of bots running at once. I've played an online MUD on and off for a little over a decade, it's not against the games TOS to buy and sell characters, money or items. What you will be paying for should you want to purchase anything is time, the time it took to collect X.

For example I sold 2 of my characters for $1000. You might think wow that's a whole heap of cash, but in reality it's not. Let's say leveled these characters purely for a living my wage would have equated to something like 20 cents an hour or something rediculous.

The only people that will make real money are those that abuse loop holes or bot, I'm pretty sure there are mistakes in the code which an odd member of staff will be aware of and tempted to exploit it. I've seen this happen more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Wouldnt it be possibly if you have two accounts to save up in the form of Blizzard Bucks, and when you have a moderate amount saved up, the other account put something at the same price as you have, with the cash out option?
    Over the course of of say, 50 auctions, that would be 49 times 2 fees 1 time percent fee and 1 time paypal fee (which is something like $0.30 + 2% but may be lower if they have a deal with blizzard), instead of 50 times 3 fees + 50 times paypal fee
    Possible? Yes.
    Advantageous? Yes.
    Enough to justify paying for a second account? Unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millakins View Post
    I really really doubt you will be able to make a living of it. I do hope though that my boyfriend and i will be able to at least make enough money to pay for our wow game time and maybe afford some stuff from the blizzard store ect. I think it's nice especially for people like us with not so much money that we can aid our gaming a bit! So that we don't have to save up money and struggle a bit with the game time and so on.

At least you can get your blizzard store pets

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...-questions-faq

Quote Originally Posted by "Blizzard
    Once funds or Diablo III auction house earnings have been added to your Battle.net Balance, you are not able to convert that Balance into cash.
    short answer : no

/thread

If you can pull 8€ to 20€ an hour like in regular jobs I will be impressed and apology for this reply. Until then I will not stop laughing, sorry.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma6626 View Post
    What kind of trash jobs are you people having if you seriously assume you can make more with D3?