Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

yfw ncsoft creates a better d3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

watch and weep what d3 could have had

Deleted
    nicer looking graphics for sure but Blizzard have never been about top of the range graphics and they always produce quality games...

Gameplay > Graphics......having said that I do admit that this game is looking pretty good atm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks a little bit better than Diablo 3, but as Flimsy said, Blizzard doesnt really focus on graphics, they focus more on the gameplay.
    Diablo 2 is still a playable game, and the graphic in that game "sucks" when taking a look at what kind of graphic you can get in games now.

I have played Diablo 1, Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: LoD, and i must say, that even after all these years, i can still sit and play Diablo 2, just for the sake of the gameplay.
    The graphic and resolution is still the same as they were back when the game was released, and it still works really well for that game.
    And if Blizzard can keep Diablo 2 playable that long, they have probably managed to get even more feedback for what they can do with Diablo 3 to make that even more succesful than Diablo 2.

ncsoft makes shiny, nice looking, pieces of poop

I think that the drag skills are a really cool idea, and make the gameplay slightly more interesting. I mean, I love dungeon crawlers so I'm looking forward to this and Diablo 3, but when it comes down to it, I think that they have a little bit more effort into making the gameplay interesting. Then again, since I haven't played either I don't know how either game actually plays, but it certainly doesn't look bad. I must admit that I don't trust NCSoft though. They can make something LOOK nice, but then it plays completely differently. I'll try it though.

Deleted
    Um, I think you're confused. People enjoy diablo because it is the way it is, because of the graphics, because of the darkness, because of the characters and the storyline, because of the franchise, because of the replayability and the different hardness levels, some because of the pvp, others because of the epic-loot... you've linked a video of a dungeon crawler that quite frankly looks totally different and has no evidence of any of the above. It's not even relevant to D3, there are a lot of action/RPG Dungeon crawler style games out there and this one looks fun and I'd probably give it a go - but to call it a "better D3" is absolutely ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    nicer looking graphics for sure but Blizzard have never been about top of the range graphics and they always produce quality games...

Gameplay > Graphics......having said that I do admit that this game is looking pretty good atm.
    I really don't care that much about graphics. And first minute it looks boring but at about past third minute it shows better gameplay. Dragging mouse for skills is not new but very good, grapling hook for movement & grabbing stuff, the spells of mage and how companion of archer works were good ideas feeling fresh. I'm missing in d3 exactly that -good new ideas that give it a fresh feeling . The way were you fight in that massive battle was also pretty good. Gives a feel of beeing part in something epic.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    I really don't care that much about graphics. And first minute it looks boring but at about past third minute it shows better gameplay. Dragging mouse for skills is not new but very good, grapling hook for movement & grabbing stuff, the spells of mage and how companion of archer works were good ideas feeling fresh. I'm missing in d3 exactly that -good new ideas that give it a fresh feeling . The way were you fight in that massive battle was also pretty good. Gives a feel of beeing part in something epic.
    The problem is, knowing NCSoft, all those good little ideas will be surrounded by horrible big pillars of game design like endless repetition, poorly designed major systems, etc. Blizzard's never been about little unique ideas, it's been about putting what they know works into a polished and fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    ncsoft makes shiny, nice looking, pieces of poop
    thiss. looks dumb and repetitive like everything else ncsoft farts out.

NCSoft is terrible, I read the title and laughed then read the topic and laughed more

10+ Year Old Account
    You could wrap shit in gold but at the end of the day it's still shit.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    and repetitive
    You mean like every single dungeon crawler out there?

I think the game looks decent tbh, even if it is for just going around drawing lines.

I have always preferred Lineage 2's gameplay to WoW.

I will definitely buy this over D3

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    You mean like every single dungeon crawler out there?
    ncsoft has a horrible reputation for repetitiveness. Lineage 2 was a nice looking game, but there was like 20 quests in the entire game so you had to sit there and kill 1000s of monsters to level up. And once you finally did and moved on to the next area there were monsters with the exact same models.

This was posted a while ago already as well.
    Yes it looks nice, but, I'm kind of sceptical how much work will be put into it. How big the world will be, whether we'll get any kind of goldfarmer protection, etc.

Ya know, the usual stuff you won't find in games from NCSoft.

It has potential though, no question there.

As for repetitiveness, it's something cultural - people are used to it in a manner that europeans and americans are not.
    So, you'll find it a lot more in asian RPGs. 5 days of farming/grinding to go up 1 level - Ragnarok online even had it on a month for 1 level at the higher levels. o_o

ncsoft makes better mmos period

they dont cater to casuals like good old blizzard does in games like world of warcraft.eather way,i already told myself im done with blizzard mmos after world of warcraft,unless they dont cater to casuals in other mmos besides WoW but from judging how many stupid looking celestial steed part 2's ive seen in world of warcraft im guessing diablo 3 is gonna be another casual infested shitty mmo like wow is

Diablo is not an MMO

It seams very slow paced from the vids. all the attacks and anymation and enemy movement.. all are quite slow. It bothers me

The drag skill idea his interresting though. The fire/ice wall with it make sense, and actually makes sure you get it how you want(opposed to hopping it will do a perfect tangeant to your caracter with where you are clicking.. which often gives bad results XD could also have a wall in a straight line from you instead of alway perpenticular and all that. I like it.

I'm wondering how easy it is to execute though. And also.. animation to pick stuff up.. = URGG you'll be kneeing half of your gameplay!
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    ncsoft makes better mmos period

they dont cater to casuals like good old blizzard does in games like world of warcraft.eather way,i already told myself im done with blizzard mmos after world of warcraft,unless they dont cater to casuals in other mmos besides WoW but from judging how many stupid looking celestial steed part 2's ive seen in world of warcraft im guessing diablo 3 is gonna be another casual infested shitty mmo like wow is
    i can already tell you have no played diablo at all 1 2 or 2's expac LoD....if you did you would understand Diablo is NOT an MMO its an MMRPG...if that is the correct term i may be wrong so blizz cant bend to the casuals QQ about it....it is the way it is and i hope they leave it that way i enjoyed diablo more then any other game ive played...it was fun enjoyable and you could lvl anytoons with friends over and over and it was fun...i loved how the maps changed locations of places tho...that was always cool and kept you guessing...and from looking at that game...it wont be out for awhile...so will see how the beta looks.. but D3 is in a league of its own...there is a reason companies have never tried to touch it...because it was and is that good .

Deleted
    That trailer looks pretty cool but I have the feeling that what you're seeing is an immeasurably tiny fraction of the gri-game. Lineage 2 was horribly grindy.