Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why do people say things like this?
    Are they honestly so dense that they think the fact that this topic is about a single topic instead of everything means that it is literally the poster's only complaint?
    He even mentioned in the OP that it wasn't his only complaint
    Did I? Eh, need to stop engaging in silly arguements at work, gets hard to keep track of what I say.

I have plenty of complaints just like everyone else. But bugs will get fixed, functions will be added and refined.

Most of the people in this thread are talking about lightsaber(myself included). But what caused me to even think about this was playing a Bounty hunter the last couple nights. Got to 10, made him a Merc, pulled his offhand out of the bag and "yay look at me TWO GUNS BITCHES!" <--probably didn't actually say that.

Anyway, I was on the 2nd planet, Dormund kaas?(i'm not good at sw planets) looking at the commondation vendor and thought. Why the hell would that make it so some who is obviously skilled with firearms not be able to use the rifle. Yes I get it, they wanted to make gearing simple to every item in the game is so specific it might as well have the class name only on the tooltip (yes, some do).

As to all the various comments in here.

-I never said a Jedi should use a blaster.
    -I never said a Smuggler should use a lightsaber.
    -I never said they should make up weapons that did not exist in the star wars universe(lightaxe, mace, whip, etc)

All I was saying is they could have made the talents and abilities less restrictive so that similiar classes, basically blaster or lightsaber users, should use the others weapons.

It never occurred to me that the thought of a Bounty Hunter using a rifle or a Sith Assassin dual weilding lightsabers(because we know from the start area he knows how to use a single) would drive people into a star wars is sacred frenzy. Anyway, get off work in a couple minutes, so goodnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drek View Post
    Immersion huh? So for 10 levels you use a cattleprod, which is replaced with a single 1handed lightsaber. And your path to becoming a lithe Dark Lord, master of the dualsided lightsaber is talking to some dude that puts a bag in your inventory. You take your new Darth Maul lightsaber out of your bag and BAM you are an expert at using it. That's deep and meaningful right there.
    You realize you just argued against yourself, right?

I can't speak for the non-force user classes, but look at it this way: Did Luke, Vader, Yoda, etc EVER switch their light sabers? No. They had their 'ol' trusty' and that's what they stuck with. Hell, even Corso is the same way, he names his freaking weapons ffs. If you want to play a game where your shiny graphics change every other level, or want to grind instances for more shinies, then go play WoW, Rift, LOTRO, Everquest, etc. TOR is not gear based, it's story based. I know, hard to wrap your thick skull around. THINGS CHANGE, get used to it.

I repeat what I said; if this is all you guys have to complain about, at least this vehemently, then TOR is doing well.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I'm actually kind of a fan of the limit in weapon choices, because it seems clear why Bioware did it. While some of the player choice is taken away, it allows them to solidify class identity, which is one of the things I feel died in WoW. One of my favorite things about SWTOR so far is that you actually feel like the class you're playing (not just because of the story, but because of the playstyle and abilities).
    Yep, this is certainly a point in favour of Bioware's design choice. A simplified loot system is another. And by that I mean that a certain type of weapon is only competed for by 1 or 2 classes (?), rather than 4 or 5 or 6. Less chance of raging and tantrums after a boss kill!

But the trade-off in reduced player options/variation may count against them in the long run. As others have pointed out, Blizzard's new transmogrification feature has been a big hit with players and one of the comments you see most often is that people want to make their Plate look like Leather, or their Leather look like Cloth! Players don't always want to be pigeon-holed into one "style" ... they love options!
    Last edited by Triptych; 2011-12-28 at 10:28 PM. Reason: quick spelling fix!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Yep.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    your sig just made my day...