xbox 360 Question

So, for whatever reason my grandparents got my nephew a Xbox 360 for Christmas and now wants me to get one too. I've looked online and there's some pretty good deals for the 4GB but to me that seems awfully small to store saved games, downloadable stuff, etc. Any experiences with the 4GB would be greatly appreciated. There are some other deals for the 250GB but at over 300 bucks it just seems really expensive to play a few games with my nephew. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    The 4GB can feel really, really small especially if you are downloading maps or DLCs. I got the 4GB a year or so back because it was the only one in stock and regret it. I have an external harddrive hooked to it but can only get that thing formatted to use 15GB of the 75GB on the device (no idea why). If you don't plan on getting any DLC you'll be fine as game saves aren't much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The 4GB can feel really, really small especially if you are downloading maps or DLCs. I got the 4GB a year or so back because it was the only one in stock and regret it. I have an external harddrive hooked to it but can only get that thing formatted to use 15GB of the 75GB on the device (no idea why). If you don't plan on getting any DLC you'll be fine as game saves aren't much at all.
    Though if you do plan on getting alot of shit and installing games and such get the bundle packs, IE the Gears of war 3 or MW3 ones, they come with 2 controllers, the game and a 320 gig hard drive.

If you are at all technical with computers you could try to create your own hard drive, saving considerable money, a quick google will reveal many guides such as this one.

Failing that, just shop around. Consider buying the hard drive seperately if it works out cheaper. 4GB will hold a fair few save games, but only a couple of map packs or demos before you feel the squeeze. The space will shrink over time too as games you play require hard drive space for patches and updates. Initially it might be fine but depending on your use in a month or so you're going to run out of space, but at least you could maybe spread the cost.

It is cheaper to buy the 360 with the bigger drive than to buy the 4GB then upgrade the drive later.

Deleted
    You should check out your closest brick and mortar video game shop for 2nd hand consoles. My friend picked up a virtually brand new 250GB super elite for £150. It was a ex display model they used in store for a month or so, pretty good deal. £150 is just over $200 I think.