Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    let me put it this way:

People call 911 when their cell phone doesn't work. They call 911 when their hamburger isn't cooked properly. They call 911 when their dishwasher stopped working.

Now, take 1 million people all playing an already buggy game to begin with and figure out how many 'emergency' tickets are being submitted. People like to think they are the center of the universe and that they are unique in having a problem when there could ( and is ) thousands of other people with the exact same problem all submitting tickets and upset that they aren't catered too and probably submitting more tickets in regards to the tickets that haven't been answered.

Do yourselves a favor and stop playing the game for a couple of months and let them get their shit sorted out.

My god, you kids these days would shit thier pants if you had to go thru the WoW launch. You think 48 hours is a long wait? Try 2 weeks minimum.

Its a brand new game, there are problems with both the game and its support. Give it some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I suppose they're busy responding to stupid tickets

*cough*
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Man I have yet to have any issues with the class quests to date, but in all reality of it you have to remember that this game had a huge gathering of people, lots of pre-orders and lots of people having issues. If you give it some time these issues will be resolved and they will be forced to get better. The game is NEW, thankfully I haven't had to contact CS b/c I'm trying everything I can to not have to contact them by phone which means I'm not updating my phone, if I were I would remove the Security key from my account first then upgrade. WoW had that issue before and I learned from that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    My god, you kids these days would shit thier pants if you had to go thru the WoW launch. You think 48 hours is a long wait? Try 2 weeks minimum.

Its a brand new game, there are problems with both the game and its support. Give it some time.
    While that's true, it's mostly because they are spending their time with crappy tickets such as "how do I join a group" etc

My issue is one of the more serious ones (I don't have my class quest in my log, jedi knight, to answer previous questions)
    and it's completely ignored, because they are busy with people who don't bother thinking for 2 minutes about what they should do.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure what's going on with their customer support, but they really need to do something about it. I've been having problems with logging into the website ever since I changed my password to something more secure. I'm not sure if their site can't handle 20-character passwords or what, but I submitted an in-game ticket (since I can't access the site). Three days later, I get an email response that I should check to ensure I'm using the right email (username) and that my caps lock isn't enabled. Really? Doesn't the fact that I'm able to log into the game show you that my credentials are valid and I'm not suffering PEBKAC errors? It really seems that the majority of their customer support is a bot scrounging through tickets/emails looking for key words and spitting out canned responses. That's not really a good thing.

I've been playing since general beta (about August or so). Several people had issues in beta, but it was shrugged off as "it's beta, they haven't ramped up CS yet". Now the game's live and it hasn't gotten any better. That's going to hurt them in the long run. The game is good. The customer support... yeah, not so much. I'm lucky that my issue isn't one that gets in the way of logging into the game and playing, as some others are experiencing. Still, if they want to tout how awesome their release was and how many people they have subscribed, they really need to follow that up on the back-end. They had pre-order figures. They had analyst estimates. Staff should have been hired accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    I'm not really sure what's going on with their customer support, but they really need to do something about it. <cut>
    Yeah I get your point. It's a great game and I enjoy it, but this is one of the things that make great games become terrible, sadly ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mythallar View Post
    Well, I am unable to play TOR at all, their system ate my product code without registering the game ("unknown error"). I'm trying to contact support since 13th Dec, so its 15 days now. When I'm lucky they're sending me some generic response, unrelated to reported issue. When I'm not lucky I'm not getting response at all, tickets are just vanishing.
    Yeah I am having the same issue, they never sent me another product code after the preorder code. Why the fuck I need 2 codes for a game I bought is beyond me, but i need it now, and never got it, so I can't play. Strange thing is it worked after the actual release date and didn't stop working til sometime last weekend while I was away. I have tried to call like 10 times and finally gave up when all they said was we are busy try again later. I tried emailing them, got a generic thing saying to sent a picture of the box, but I got a digital download, so I emailed them back and haven't heardanything since. So fuck it, I am done with SWOTR it's not worth the hassle.

Well I personally haven't even been able to play the game even though i have the copy in my hands... 8th day now and every time i call they just bump me to someone else until they finally tell me prob has been escalated. Today ive been on hold for over an hour and when i finally got through they hung up on me sent an email saying they would look into it........
    Last edited by krekka492; 2011-12-28 at 11:07 PM. Reason: typo

you know how it goes? Swtor say FUck you THanks for ur money bai fuck off bleh bleh blah! They don't care about ur qq, they have automated msg bots for u to do it

What's wrong with the costumer service?
    I know, right? I wanted a cool costume for a convention and they wouldn't get back to me on it. Heck, how hard is it to make a fully functional Hutt costume with hover dias... jeez.

Mod Edit: Don't post if you can't contribute.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-12-29 at 02:48 AM.

It's ridiculous to expect anything from BW at this point. You should be glad they're keeping the game online. It usually takes a month or two to get things stable and smooth during launch periods. And it's totally unfair to compare them to Blizzard, who have had 7 years to perfect their game, and had a WAY worse launch for WoW back in the day.

Clam down!

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    It's ridiculous to expect anything from BW at this point. You should be glad they're keeping the game online.
    Lol? It's ridiculous to expect be able to play the game I paid for? And I don't care whether the game is online or offline, I can't play it anyway. Besides, my issue is not related to in-game bugs, I am aware it takes time to find and fix it. My problem is very simple to solve but customer service is ignoring me for 15 days now. That's why I'm angry.

In an ideal world people would only ticket/call when they've got a real problem with the game, payment or whatever; however, this is not the case. People ticket literally everything and believe that their "problem" is really important, when it's clearly not, pair that with the recent launch and you've got a shitstorm, where real problems get overlooked. I usually don't deal with customer support, at all. I can count the times when I needed to contact CS on a hand and I've got a fast response and a fast fix. Maybe I've been just lucky, I don't know, but I'm surely happy that I didn't have any major problems so far.
    Last edited by Nev12; 2011-12-29 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a shot in the dark, but is your issue not being able to start the next part of your class quest chain? And, by chance, are you at the end of a planet? I had an issue where I wasn't able to talk to my companion on my ship to start the next chain after finishing a planet. I was able to fix it by going back to the planet and re-boarding my ship from the spaceport. That triggered the event.

I feel you, though. It's annoying to not have anything but generic responses from 'robots'.

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    2 things really:

It's the holidays.
    A lot of people need help since the game launched 8 days ago.

Just be patient, everyone wants in.
    It's Biowares fault for launching the game 5 days before christmas. People shouldn't have to miss out on cs because Bioware and (well prob mainly) EA wanted to make more money...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    This is a shot in the dark, but is your issue not being able to start the next part of your class quest chain? And, by chance, are you at the end of a planet? I had an issue where I wasn't able to talk to my companion on my ship to start the next chain after finishing a planet. I was able to fix it by going back to the planet and re-boarding my ship from the spaceport. That triggered the event.

I feel you, though. It's annoying to not have anything but generic responses from 'robots'.
    I honestly can't remember the details by now, but I finished the jedi knight class quest on quesh, and I "think" I did the holo terminal for hoth, went to hoth and spoke to holoterminal again, after which I didn't get any quest.

again it's pure speculation by now, but i've tried what u said before from quesh/hoth and anywhere else and it doesn't work.

I guess Blizzard not only set the bar for MMORPG's
    please help me im dieing of laughter

your precious little blizzards customer service is pretty shitty to from what ive heard

Mod Edit: Don't post just to stir up trouble.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-12-29 at 03:28 AM.

Recently just called up my self, got right through and was fairly happy as the guy was actually doing work.. My account is locked from outside IP's accept my own, My computer is shit and in certain areas such as spots in Korriban (Have to go back for my level 24 Inquis quest) I can't walk through doors some times and up ramps because the FPS is so bad, I jump or turn at 90 degree's. I have to get other people to log onto my account to get me through things, which isn't a problem trust friends already had my info, go go universal password.. Well, they're now locked out. Turns out, my girl friend tried to log on one night when I passed out from a migraine but kept forgetting to capitalize the first letter in my password.

Being on the phone, I have simply told the guy (Having worked in customer support my self) to remove the flag on my account, and reset my security questions from his terminal and that should in theory, remove the block from outside ip's on my account.. I told him this 40 minutes ago. We're still having the same discussion, until 15 minutes ago he transferred me to his supervisor. Fml.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    Or you could realize that the game just officially launched, has hit the million player mark, and you aren't the center of the universe. Be patient and stop being rude.. level an alt or find something else to do.
    The majority of players preordered, so it's not like that would not have been expected.

Also a million players is a million PAYING customers, which translates into more money to hire for customer service, since the basic production cost were mostly independant from the number of players eventually playing the game.