10+ Year Old Account

Lightside v Darkside Feature

So, I desperately want to play SWTOR but have kind of quit MMO's and don't know if I should take the plunge into SWTOR and spend another 5 or so years with that. However, the one feature I really thought was awesome was choosing how you did quests. The whole Lightside Darkside feature seemed sooooo awesome. How is everyone liking it so far? Has anyone had enough time to play around with it?

Deleted
    Darkside players get cool tattoos, which is gay because I'm lightside.

I'm not sure what makes it sooooo awesome. You do a quest. You usually have three options to choose from when responding to the quest giver. You mouse over each reponse, and it will show you that if you give response 1, nothing happens, response 2 gives light points and response 3 gives dark side points. Then there is gear that requires Light Side 1 or Dark Side 1 (or whatever the techincall term is, haven't bothered with getting any of that gear). IMO it's just like griding faction in that other game. I'm trying to be a super baddie so now just space bar through quests and choose whichever option gives me dark side points. Of course doing that usually makes me lose some love from my companion but whatev!

If you enjoy a good story than play it you won't regret it. There a stark differences between the outcomes of many quests depending on your choices. If you don't like a good story like Marema, than it isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I'm not sure what makes it sooooo awesome. You do a quest. You usually have three options to choose from when responding to the quest giver. You mouse over each reponse, and it will show you that if you give response 1, nothing happens, response 2 gives light points and response 3 gives dark side points. Then there is gear that requires Light Side 1 or Dark Side 1 (or whatever the techincall term is, haven't bothered with getting any of that gear). IMO it's just like griding faction in that other game. I'm trying to be a super baddie so now just space bar through quests and choose whichever option gives me dark side points. Of course doing that usually makes me lose some love from my companion but whatev!
    People doing it how you do, are precisely why people get the wrong Idea about it.

The dark/light side choices you make will actually alter your class progression and Characters Dialogue.

AS you get more and more dark side you start getting multiple dark side choices for some choicees instead of just 1 + a Lightside choice.

sometimes you only get darkside choices as your character has basically become the epitome of evil, and their only choices are REALLY EVIL or lesser of two evils.

its a fun dynamic to the game.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I just wish my companion wouldn't be so judgemental every time I choose darkside...it's almost always an automatic loss of affection points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siight View Post
    I just wish my companion wouldn't be so judgemental every time I choose darkside...it's almost always an automatic loss of affection points.
    Aye. Though personally, I dont care if lizard-man likes me or not, as long as he smacks faces and goes where I tell him to go! :3
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siight View Post
    ye that monster is such a judgemental bastard, pisses me off