Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    Multiplayer Mass Effect is not innovation.
    Except it is.....

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    Multiplayer Mass Effect is not innovation.
    Tell me the last time an MMO was fully voiced over and was as immersive as the SP is in TOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Minecraft?

Because that game deserves a Game of the Year imo.
    I'm sorry because the only thing that's impressive about Minecraft is its random terrain generator, the rest of the features have been in games near enough a decade old. The only reason Minecraft is receiving all of this praise is because gaming is more in focus now than it was back then, especially with Indie games being as lucrative and interesting as they are now.

I have no doubts that the game is fun, loved by many and arguably the best selling Indie game of all time. The first is a subjective opinion shared by thousands of people the second is fact.

HOWEVER,

If you were to award GOTY to an innovative game, you'd have to count Minecraft out of the equasion if you were to be fair about it.
    Last edited by mmoc5fa303d2cd; 2011-12-29 at 01:33 AM.

The game will only have been out for 11 days this year. Kinda premature to call it "game of the year" imo. Even if it's the best game evar, it's been out a week. What were the criteria for this? Sounds more like an advert than anything else...someone got a kickback.

10+ Year Old Account
    well shit.

Anyways, I said something about Kotaku being biased against SW:TOR and asked for an example of Multi-Player Mass Effect.

stupid forums
    Last edited by SinR; 2011-12-29 at 01:38 AM. Reason: forums derped
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the first fully voiced MMO isn't innovating enough?
    the first game with a group conversation system isn't innovation enough?
    Back in my day this was considered bad game design and was taught to us as why Japanese video games were getting hammered in the west.
    It was like first rule of game design no cut scenes and less dialog, second rule of game design, no cut scenes, and less dialog! Third rule of game design, NO CUT SCENES AND LESS DIALOG!

Just saying...

Edit: When I was a young wipasnapper the cut scene was the reward you got for completing the game...
    Last edited by sajin0084; 2011-12-29 at 01:46 AM.

SWTOR is good, but my favorite game this year was Witcher 2. It seems releasing at the end of the year is what publishers should focus on to get in
    the running for GOTY.

You guys are all nutjobs.... (to those thrashing "news media") learn to tune out the garbage, its all entertainment..... take it with a grain of salt and learn to hold off your "suspension of disbelief".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    to the MSNBC haters

You'd prefer FAUX NEWS and the Right Wing Nutjobs (Beck, Limbaugh, etc) telling you that SWTOR is evil?
    Psycho alert, psycho alert.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Either way this is far too soon to give any "game of the year" award (common, 8 days?)
    I don't understand this argument. So, games that come out in January should be, if we're using this logic, the most likely to win any GOTY awards because they were out longest?
    Last edited by hagbardceline; 2011-12-29 at 01:53 AM.

Gotta say I cant take MSNBC seriously in terms of gaming. SWTOR is an amazing game and I enjoy it a lot, but its nowhere near as good currently as Arkham City or Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by hagbardceline View Post
    I don't understand this argument. So, games that come out in January should be, if we're using this logic, the most likely to win any GOTY awards because they were out longest?
    There is a minimum length of time needed to evaluate a game, MMOs have a longer minimum length than most because the true game requires interations with a community. To say you can judge an MMO with a levelling speed as slow as SWTOR (it takes me around 3-4 hours per level at mid 30s as opposed to 3 hours from 84-85 in WoW) with a weeks playtime is ludicrous.

I bought Skyrim, but as I got beta SWTOR, Skyrim hardly got played...

says it all.

Yes, I got a general tester. Not your silly weekender.

SWTOR is great, i love listening to the wow fan bois, tis be funny, how dare you create a game better than wow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post

says it all.

SWTOR is great, i love listening to the wow fan bois, tis be funny, how dare you create a game better than wow!!!!
    yea almost as funny as star wars fan bois saying You can't say anything bad about this game cause I will cry...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's MSNBC, who cares?

The real gamer organizations and sites are what matters.

What? Msn came out with a new messenger? And why would a messenger rate a video game? What is this shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post

says it all.

Have you even played some of the new games that came out this year?

Portal 2?

Battlefield 3?

Modern Warfare 3?

Gears of War 3?

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

Batman: Arkham City?

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon?

Killzone 3?

Dead Space 2?

. . .

No, you're right, obviously the only people who disagree with MSNBC have played only WoW...

MSNBC would lean towards the dark side...

I've played at least 10 console games that are much, much better than WoW. WoW fanatics need to get out and see all the games they're missing by being addicted to WoW. that said, theres no way at the point id give game of the year to SWTOR.

All the games Tikuru listed are better than WoW. When you play good console games you really see how poor and lazy of a game wow is. Good luck telling that to a bunch of wowcrack addicts though/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I've played at least 10 console games that are much, much better than WoW. WoW fanatics need to get out and see all the games they're missing by being addicted to WoW. that said, theres no way at the point id give game of the year to SWTOR.

All the games Tikuru listed are better than WoW. When you play good console games you really see how poor and lazy of a game wow is. Good luck telling that to a bunch of wowcrack addicts though/
    It depends on what you want. I still enjoy WoW greatly, but mostly because of my guild.

2011 was a fantastic year for gamers. There's an amazing selection to suit everyone's tastes.