Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Portal 2 was the best game of 2011 by far...

I do not know how MSNBC or any other news/review/expert can name SWTOR game of year its only been out 2 weeks with early start. I hate when they same this game is great and maybe play it 4 hours total. I know deadlines and all that but at least give it 3-6 months maybe? See what the bugs are and if it really seperates itself from other MMO's. I playing it so far..its good but I would not make call it game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    If i want to quest without all the storytelling bullshit -- which sure, some people like, but me, i just space-skip over it all -- i'll roll another alt in WoW. I'm not saying SW:ToR should be of WoW quality just yet -- you can say it's boring, but you can't say it isn't good quality -- but it should at least have attempted to keep me interested.
    did you ever stop to consider that if you want to "quest without all the storytelling bullshit" maybe you're not the target customer for the game ?

i mean Bioware are not really well known for their "questing without all the storytelling bullshit" games...

anyway OT: too early. in terms of possible market impact then its debatable that it could be the most game changing release of the year but ultimately that only affects market area and it is ofc unproven so no goty badge.

i'd have said Witcher 2 but they are too slow on the xbox release and so wont get the votes so my goty bet would be...Portal 2.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-29 at 08:02 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    lol when will the huge QQ about swtor on this forum stop ?
    Probably about the time people stop QQing about WOW on the WOW sections of these forums.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Yet they wasnt GOTY , prob because they know themselves what a pile of fucking shite wow is.
    Nice good to see swtor on top
    Haters gonna hate.
    LOL how ironic after your little rant about WOW

10+ Year Old Account
    Terraria should get GOTY over Minecraft

since we're going on PERSONAL OPINIONS here
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I wonder if George Lucas had to promise to stop molesting his old movies for this to happen.

And yes, to whomever said it earlier.. Hype train, choo choo.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    If i want to quest without all the storytelling bullshit -- which sure, some people like, but me, i just space-skip over it all -- i'll roll another alt in WoW. I'm not saying SW:ToR should be of WoW quality just yet -- you can say it's boring, but you can't say it isn't good quality -- but it should at least have attempted to keep me interested.
    If you dislike questing, these games simply aren't for you. Skipping the meat and potatoes of an rpg, and then wondering why there's nothing to keep you interested, is kind of absurd. And despite what most folks think, even in WoW, the leveling experience comprises the bulk of the actual content.

I think its a great game, and nice to see it is getting awards like this soo fast.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I think its a great game, and nice to see it is getting awards like this soo fast.
    It's not an award, it's like winning a gold medal at the special olympics...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    It's not an award, it's like winning a gold medal at the special olympics...
    What's wrong with handicapped people?

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    What's wrong with handicapped people?
    Didn't say there is anything wrong with handicapped people, not at all. But winning a gold medal in the SO and winning one in the Olympics are 2 different things. If wow ever won the msnbc game of the year no one from the wow community would ever post it as a positive thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Writhes View Post
    I was in the beta for swtor right until release and I bought Skyrim the day after it came out. Skyrim's quality far exceeds swtor. To say that swor is a better game just hurts this "MSNBC's" credibility. Swtor needed a lot of work and in my opinion should not have been released as early as it has been.
    I guess you must be from that .01% that didn't find any bugs while playing Skyrim... I personally wouldn't give MSNBC any credibility for rating video games but even then I'm hard pressed find how SWToR could POSSIBLY beat out so many of the other amazing titles that came out this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the first fully voiced MMO isn't innovating enough?
    the first game with a group conversation system isn't innovation enough?
    The dialogue wheel has been there since Mass Effect 1 (I think), what's the big deal about it being in MMO's? Companies with huge budgets can pull it off, simply because it requires alot of money to voice all the dialogue lines. And is it really something that belongs in an MMO? Remember that they'll have to re-hire all the original voice actors for every patch, something that will probably cost alot of money and time.

Group conversation is indeed something new, but is it enough to be awarded a GOTY title? We're talking about an MMO here, it's not just the leveling that counts.

Does PvP and endgame live up to those standards? People seem to treat this game as singleplayer, yet they forget that they've paid the 50 euro/$ for the game, plus the subscription.

As for me, my personal GOTY is probably Dead Space 2. It improved on the original game concept and added new original features. Didn't encounter any bugs either in my playthroughs. It was solid gameplay with nice visuals and good replayability. What more can you ask from a game?
    Last edited by Grithmir; 2012-01-07 at 12:22 PM.