Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb SP HL optimisation : Mastery reforge Vs Haste

Hello,

according to what i could see on a lot of top hl sp, they go for a mastery optimisation after the 2nd extra tick of Vampiric Touch with huge amount of mastery like 18-20.
    I think this work good with the 4p T13 bonus.
    They even reforge haste for mastery.
    I just get the 4p T13 bonus yesterday and i wonder if i need to go for this mastery optimisation.

/discuss

Deleted
    Do your own simulationcraft....

Stat weightings differ between different levels of gear...They also differ between different types of gear (eg VPLC)...They also differ between different kinds of fights..
    They also differ depending on your raid composition (ie your buffs)...They also differ depending on your skill...They also differ depending on your lag...

YET People keep asking for stat values...
    Just simulcraft your gear please..It takes 30 minutes per week..

Taking Simcraft as a oracle of pure truth is totally wrong btw.

If u do listen simcraft, you'll run out of mana, so you need SFiends more then u need crit.
    Pity it does not happen.

To OP: mate, if u run with 2pcT12 + VLPC (or just the VPLC) go for a haste-crit build. If your rolling with 4pcT13 then mastery is.
    I totally suggest you to skip the simcraft part because in a sim where you run out of mana and basically perform the wrong rotation is close to garbage to me.

Deleted
    Totaly agree with you Purpleisbetter .
    Btw i saw that question about haste/mastery opti is actually one of the main subjet on sp.
    I ll try the mastery reforge with my 4p T13 and I ll see .
    Regards

The simulator runs a rotation that you tell it to. If you feel the rotation is wrong you can easily change it by editing the action list.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    If u do listen simcraft, you'll run out of mana, so you need SFiends more then u need crit.
    lol what?

Generally speaking I listen to Simcraft, and I regularly do top parses. Simcraft is a tool, and if you understand it and why it gives the results it gives, it's incredibly useful. And for optimization purposes, there are no better alternatives.

Taking Simcraft as a oracle of pure truth is totally wrong btw.

Pity it does not happen.

To OP: mate, if u run with 2pcT12 + VLPC (or just the VPLC) go for a haste-crit build. If your rolling with 4pcT13 then mastery is.
    I totally suggest you to skip the simcraft part because in a sim where you run out of mana and basically perform the wrong rotation is close to garbage to me.
    With Shadowfiend, Replenishment, SWD, and Archangel there is no reason you should be going oom unless you are trying to multi dot 10 targets at once.

haste ftw

10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    lol what?

Generally speaking I listen to Simcraft, and I regularly do top parses. Simcraft is a tool, and if you understand it and why it gives the results it gives, it's incredibly useful. And for optimization purposes, there are no better alternatives.
    Correct !
    But simulationcraft is so complex !

Check it better guys, you actually need to run with unlimited mana option on to have a more accurate sim(wich is what happens because we always take damage in static fights like Ultraxion, so mana is unlimited no global wasted for >25% SW D).

Not the only one that found out that weird behaving. Furthermore the fact that it never clips MF to cast MBs (just think under a BL condition or with 4pcT13 how many 3xOrbs MB have been lost...) its pretty inaccurate, it makes the value of crit rise even higher at this point.

The very, and i mean VERY, best thing to do is to try to priorityze one stats, go in LFR and test it in a far more accurate way. It will take more time but there's no better way around.

"I do this and i top charts in my raid" is very hardly of any use.

p.s.: i don't mess with prio ques of simcraft because patch 4.3 gave us the best training dummy possibile +, the first boss of LFR DS + Ultraxion, first of second wing. Hence, my simcraft folder flew directly in the trash can.

Check it better guys, you actually need to run with unlimited mana option on to have a more accurate sim(wich is what happens because we always take damage in static fights like Ultraxion, so mana is unlimited no global wasted for >25% SW D).

Not the only one that found out that weird behaving. Furthermore the fact that it never clips MF to cast MBs (just think under a BL condition or with 4pcT13 how many 3xOrbs MB have been lost...) its pretty inaccurate, it makes the value of crit rise even higher at this point.

The very, and i mean VERY, best thing to do is to try to priorityze one stats, go in LFR and test it in a far more accurate way. It will take more time but there's no better way around.

"I do this and i top charts in my raid" is very hardly of any use.

p.s.: i don't mess with prio ques of simcraft because patch 4.3 gave us the best training dummy possibile +, the first boss of LFR DS + Ultraxion, first of second wing. Hence, my simcraft folder flew directly in the trash can.
    Running a LFR encounter 50k times under the same conditions (buffs/duration) could do it, but I'll stick to Simcraft since I can't reasonably do that (and you probably can't too!). And your mana thing? It's wrong, there's a resource graph and in the sim I never run oom. The clipping part doesn't change that much.
    Last edited by FieryBull; 2011-12-31 at 05:53 AM.

Kilee updated his guide today on 4.3 And the whole debate. I suggest you go read it.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I guess i missed some simcraft update or i did use an older version of that program.

Well for the LFR, i normally cancel all the auras i don't usually have when i raid with my guild, so i keep that undercontrol.

Not sure if serious......
    I think you should take a rest of giving advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    Couldn't of said it better.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    If you do prefer using a simming tool then a real testing on the field it's just your problem ^^.

It's about tastes right? Theres ppl like me that dislike SimC and those like you that trust in its result.

Gave actually no advices (beside repeating the same stuff written in Kilee's guide).

Do you mind if i think simcraft is a crap tool?

My head has been simcraft since start of wotlk, sure ive double checked with simcraft with real world results.
    But its very easy to theorycraft any class if u know what to do.

Canceling auras in LFR doesnt make your tests any more or less accurate.
    The only way to truely test is trial and error because simcraft doesnt account for the player and their situation.

Anyways you're a warlock not sure why you're here on a priest forum.

My main IS a priest, so guess why.

Lol @ H2P guy, failed hard(didn't noticed his reply) :P. Mate, maybe you were refering to the SimC thing while obviously missing the "to me" in the end of the sentence, wich i can understand and forgive me if i'd rather join Al Qaeda and blow myself up against a coca cola vending machine then to use that tool. But that's just me, hope you can walk over that peacefully!
    If you referring to the stat weight thing well, pal...you missed some stickies on your own forum :P

If your running out of mana at all short of H Yor'sahj (mana voids are annoying), you are doing something terribly wrong. Simcrafts results are very accurate if you know how to understand the information. If you are following SimCrafts results and running OoM, and SimCraft is not showing any OoM time, then it is YOU who are making mistakes, not he sim. Don't blame your own limitations and mistakes on a useful tool.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    If your running out of mana at all short of H Yor'sahj (mana voids are annoying), you are doing something terribly wrong. Simcrafts results are very accurate if you know how to understand the information. If you are following SimCrafts results and running OoM, and SimCraft is not showing any OoM time, then it is YOU who are making mistakes, not he sim. Don't blame your own limitations and mistakes on a useful tool.
    ????
    What the...

Nevermind, never said I RUN out of mana.