Shadow priest BIS weapons

So I have been looking at this site : www.wowbestinslot.com

According to them, the Ti'Tahk staff that grants you a haste proc isn't BIS for Shadow priests.

Your thoughts about this, I am currently using the DW dagger that poisons the target, how big of a dps increase/loss will it be to replace the dagger with the staff, and what are you opinions, which weapon is BIS for spriests.

(I don't have Teracgosa and I am not on the quest so that's out of the discussion)

I think the Haste bonus is much smaller than static Haste on other weapons.

Actually I thought that the proc does not apply to the wielder but I could be mistaken.

Check out these resources:
    http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1113
    http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=946
    Last edited by Ashleycakez; 2011-12-30 at 02:31 AM.
    Ashleycakez ||<Barracuda> || Twitter || H2P Mod
    <Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
    T17: 16/17M | T18: 13/13M

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless your Offhand that will be partnered with the Dagger completely sucks, the MH/OH combo is indeed better than Ti'tahk. The Haste proc is on a 45 second cooldown and the proc for your raid members often go awry onto pets and tanks instead. On a slightly more lazy note having yet another proc to keep track of is well... draining.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillytwo View Post
    (I don't have Teracgosa and I am not on the quest so that's out of the discussion)
    If your guild is still going into FL I'd suggest doing the quest for the staff because its the BIS currently in game beating out a MH/OH combo by a lot. The quest is easy to pick up too because all you have to do is kill a mob inside FL.

Other than that, Vagries of Time paired with the Ledger of Revolting Rituals is BIS beats out Visage of the Destroyer on values. These are all normal mode items btw.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    and the proc for your raid members often go awry onto pets and tanks instead.
    hehehe I can't tell you how many times I've been on my tank and got that proc and confused why I got it.

Even the first stage of the staff, we are not going in to Firelands, out of the discussion. I'm also gonna throw in a question about trinkets, like the shadowbolt trinkets proc is REALLY good but I am having issues with Insignia of the corrupted mind, I swapped it with volcano and it actually lowered my dps, the haste proc is good WHEN it is up, which is rare on a 5 min fight having procced 2 times during the fight.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Corrupted sucks ass hold out for Cunning and Will of Unbinding.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Deathwing staff is bis for 1 reason. (except for legendary)
    It buffs your raid.
    You give 3-5 of these staves to your casters/healers and you'll be swiming in haste procs.

If you want the highest personal DPS increase its the dagger from Deathwing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    You give 3-5 of these staves to your casters/healers and you'll be swiming in haste procs.
    Except the haste proc randomly goes to people and most of the time it goes to people who don't need it like tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillytwo View Post
    Even the first stage of the staff, we are not going in to Firelands, out of the discussion. I'm also gonna throw in a question about trinkets, like the shadowbolt trinkets proc is REALLY good but I am having issues with Insignia of the corrupted mind, I swapped it with volcano and it actually lowered my dps, the haste proc is good WHEN it is up, which is rare on a 5 min fight having procced 2 times during the fight.
    Did a quick search on this, and the ICD on this is effectively 2 minutes. So 2 procs in a 5 minute fight is exactly right. It's half a Bloodlust, which is kinda cool, but a bit piss poor compared to the uptime on the still (almost godly) DMC: Volcano.

However in summery it's exactly the same as the deal with Ti,tahk. It's yet another proc to keep an eye on, but the base Intellect makes it worth it. However when you get Will of Unbinding, you can shard your Insignia of the Corrupted Mind for all you'll care for it. Ti'tahk vs Rathrak+Ledger vs the other non-proc options is an arguement that can go on for a while. I'ld personally go for the Rathrak option still. ^_^
    Last edited by Dyra; 2011-12-31 at 01:31 AM.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Here is a list based on SimC.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...weapon-ranking

However it doesn't account for the haste other raid members get from the proc on the weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use Ti'tahk if you want to buff your raid and aren't worried about your own DPS. It's still good for you, yes, but not as good as MH/OH or another staff/legendary obviously.

Use something else if you want to maximize your own DPS. Honestly, it's something you'd want to talk to your raid leader about and make the decision yourself on what role you want in the raid.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests