Thread: 2v2 stuck...

10+ Year Old Account

2v2 stuck...

Hey everyone I play retri in arena 2v2 with mm hunter partner our gears and skills decent both have full ruthless item lvl 390 and some Cataclysmic pvp gears. We play in skype both communicate with our focus target and organize our cc and stuff we did pretty well until like 1750 rating mmr... It seems we are stuck between 1650 to 1750 mmr.. I mean each time we try to go higher we face team such as double blood dk or feral and mm hunter combo. I just don't know what to do when we face feral and mm hunter I mean we tried to cc the hunter and killing the feral so many times whenever we are so close to kill the feral he just go bear form and shut down all of our damage.. I tried to kite him as retri to prevent him from healing himself in bearform but it didn't work and if we go for hunter to nuke him and cc feral it doesn't work either because he will then cyclone usand torn us apart. Did everything I can the longest fight with them was like 18 mins but then lost all cds and oom so they manage to kill my partner hunter and we lost...

I should not take 2v2 so serious since it's so retarded sometimes but It's so frustrating to see a lot of less skilled players who already have like 2k or 1900+ rating without even trying they got it so easily just because of their setup..anyone can tips or help of what to do.

Thanks for reading sorry for the wall of texts.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2011-12-30 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I should not take 2v2 so serious since it's so retarded sometimes but I'm so frustrating to see a lot of less skilled players who already have like 2k or 1900+ rating without even trying they got it so easily just because of their setup..anyone can tips or help of what to do.
    There are some combos that are so faceroll that it's unimaginable. I dunno about your combo though, since I rarely see that combo in arena. But just so you know, most combos in 2v2 aren't balanced at all.

Otherwise, I can just say practise practise practise practise practise, and you will see something happen.
    Myself, I struggled alot at as low as 1.5k rating for over a month before i began to go up (now I'm at 2.3k rating after 4 months)

Quote Originally Posted by reak71 View Post
    There are some combos that are so faceroll that it's unimaginable. I dunno about your combo though, since I rarely see that combo in arena. But just so you know, most combos in 2v2 aren't balanced at all.
    This. Some classes just don't mesh well. Do you two absolutely have to play 2s together? Ret/Hunter isn't common, and it should be apparent why that's so. Try a 5's, comps are a little more lenient, and with so many classes thrown together, slight changes to classes make bigger impacts than in the smaller brackets which might make new comps viable and fun, where it wasn't before (though you'll always have the popular setups in every bracket).
    || Ducivo ||

Quote Originally Posted by Ballem View Post
    This. Some classes just don't mesh well. Do you two absolutely have to play 2s together? Ret/Hunter isn't common, and it should be apparent why that's so. Try a 5's, comps are a little more lenient, and with so many classes thrown together, slight changes to classes make bigger impacts than in the smaller brackets which might make new comps viable and fun, where it wasn't before (though you'll always have the popular setups in every bracket).
    Most of 5s are "QUICK KILL THE SQUISHIEST ONE IN A SMOKEBOMB!". So I wouldn't reccommend it to people just getting into arenas.

Honestly it should be illegal for Mages and Rogues to Team together

10+ Year Old Account
    Fear. The. Feral. If a hunter loses to a Feral, it's because the hunter is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Fear. The. Feral. If a hunter loses to a Feral, it's because the hunter is bad.
    Any half decent feral will LoS or shape out to avoid Scare Beast. Eating a 6 second CC that's entirely avoidable is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfAppointedGenius View Post
    Any half decent feral will LoS or shape out to avoid Scare Beast. Eating a 6 second CC that's entirely avoidable is bad.
    This is true no feral above 1600 ratings will let a hunter Scare beast spam him. Maybe 1500 and lower when the druid is bad and doesnt use Gladiatorlossa.

Deleted
    I'm basically in the same situation, stuck at 1750 with a rogue. Our gear is ok, both have ilvl 397 weapons and an average ilvl of 393, which is good for the rating bracket where we are active at the moment.

Though we have more problems against healer + dps teams, mainly because of me (hunter). A hunter can barely heal... it's just unfair that they have to do like 200k dmg to win, and we sometimes have to deal 1 to 5 million or even more, to kill one of them, if we survive that long.

Ferals are just disgusting, fukking disgusting. Often we kill his healer in 30 sec, and then we need 2 min to kill a feral in 2v1. Ridiculous! This is a result of a complete failure regarding class design, putting a dps spec and a tanking spec in one talent tree... lol, what can you expect?

So the idea came to me to play MM hunter with a healer (disc). I know that most people definitely do not recommend this, but I have to try it on my own.

Deleted
    Oh the irony..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddbull23 View Post
    This is true no feral above 1600 ratings will let a hunter Scare beast spam him. Maybe 1500 and lower when the druid is bad and doesnt use Gladiatorlossa.
    When you use gladiatorlossa, you are bad,

BM hunter and resto druid is faceroll, i tell you. Try it guys

also; could just tell ur partner to go holy, ull have fun.
    Last edited by charleybwoy; 2011-12-31 at 03:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charleybwoy View Post
    BM hunter and resto druid is faceroll, i tell you. Try it guys
    Which pet do you use? What rating are you at?

I guess I would go with a shale spider as BM, though the stuns do share DR... but still, it's not bad. Don't know if the spirit beast heal is worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Which pet do you use? What rating are you at?

I guess I would go with a shale spider as BM, though the stuns do share DR... but still, it's not bad. Don't know if the spirit beast heal is worth it...
    Devilsaur, DMG like a baws, he will sometime need more heal than you will due to good pvper wanting to shut him down so be sure he doesnt die.

1900rating atm, will probably push a bit tonight.

try to find a disc priest and run 3s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a retri I changed my talent from seals of pure two points to Eternal Glory 2 points which give me like 30% chance not to lose my holy power. It helps me a lot we are getting better hopefully we will rise higher. and for the one above who is saying that if hunter is losing to feral then he is bad nope I can assure you my partner hunter is not bad been playing with him for long time he has 2400+ rating experience and have ruthless elite gears + tier 2 weapon and he knows what to do and fearing feral at the right time but it's just so annoying to face good feral in arena even when I switch to seal of justice to kite his bear form it's still hard.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esotericc View Post
    When you use gladiatorlossa, you are bad,
    yea, good story.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfAppointedGenius View Post
    If the feral is running away from you while you are trying to CC it, chances are, it isn't DPSing something at the same time.

The point is that you have more CC against the feral- So use it. Feral can only break snares and roots twice with a long cooldown. No breaks for fears, stuns, etc outside trinket.

Ferals are crazy weak against fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE