Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Disc!] Your BiS/most wanted items list

Yo, there isn't already a thread for this afaik, I saw a thread for holy but that was only normal modes. So, post your personal BiS items here!

Personally due to me playing holy offspec and mainly being in raid healing role as disc or holy, I'm going int > spirit to 2400 + heart of unliving > haste/mastery > spirit > crit (yeah yeah haste for holy i know i like casting fast fuck the police)
    Seeing as I sometimes have to play offspec (blackhorn, I'm looking at you, you big hardmode tauren bastard!)
    Also going with offpiece being morchok chest instead of spine gloves. Just because.

If it's not possible for you to get BiS due to not being in progress guild or something just post the item you want to fill that slot instead. Use the same format as me if possible to avoid confusion and maybe later on I'll compile these to get a general consensus of what items the community's interested in. Also it'd be fun to post your progress towards BiS

Anyway without further ado here's my list:

Head: Cowl of Dying Light (Tier Warmaster Blackhorn)
    Neck: Petrified Fungal Heart (Heroic Morchok)
    Shoulder:Mantle of Dying Light (Tier Hagara the Stormbinder) Acquired!
    Chest:Robe of Glowing Stone (Heroic Morchok) Acquired!
    Bracers:Bracers of the Banished (Heroic Hagara the Stormbinder)
    Weapon: Maw of the Dragonlord (Heroic Deathwing)
    Offhand:Ledger of Revolting Rituals (Heroic Ultraxion) Acquired!
    Wand: Finger of Zon'ozz (Heroic Warlord Zon'ozz ) Acquired!
    Gloves: Handwraps of Dying Light (Tier Warlord Zon'ozz)
    Belt:Cord of the Slain Champion (Heroic Warlord Zon'ozz)
    Pants:Leggings of Dying Light (Tier Yor’sahj the Unsleeping)
    Feet:Janglespur Jackboots (Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn )
    Ring 1: Signet of Suturing (Multiple bosses)
    Ring 2: Ring of the Riven (Heroic Hagara the Stormbinder)
    Trinket 1:Windward Heart (Multiple bosses)
    Trinket 2: Heart of Unliving (Heroic Spine)

Why not Gloves of Dying Light? Shadow Tier is Spirit/Mastery, much nicer than the awful Spirit/Crit ours has. That way you can go with the Heroic healing Tier chest which is Spirit/Mastery.

Well, unless you are looking for a tad bit more Haste that I am looking for.

Or even the gloves from H Spine would be better than the healing Tier for Disc. More Intellect for sure, unless you are looking for Spirit that is (:
    Last edited by Ashleycakez; 2011-12-30 at 07:15 PM.
    Ashleycakez ||<Barracuda> || Twitter || H2P Mod
    <Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
    T17: 16/17M | T18: 13/13M

We now have 6/6 of our healers with norm Maw, massive upgrades for our healing team this week

Should make those heroics more manageable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleycakez View Post
    Well, unless you are looking for a tad bit more Haste that I am looking for.
    I am, like I said I'll be using a shadow offspec so haste/spirit is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    We now have 6/6 of our healers with norm Maw, massive upgrades for our healing team this week

Should make those heroics more manageable.
    Yes, maw's sick. On our hagara kill it did like 5% of my healing. Log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11282&e=11714

Meh I have the H Morchok chest, saving it for Shadow for when I start picking up Shadow Tier (shouldn't break 4 set until I can get 2 set... I think?). Different sets are better, less reforging all the time >_o

Maw is awesome. Glad all my healers have it! Wooo!

Deleted
    Meh I have the H Morchok chest, saving it for Shadow for when I start picking up Shadow Tier (shouldn't break 4 set until I can get 2 set... I think?). Different sets are better, less reforging all the time >_o
    Nope t12 4 set is better than t13 2 set, but it doesnt take into account stat benefits, so unless its full 391 shadow tier i'd say just replace it. But as it's a dps item, SIM IT!
    Maw is awesome. Glad all my healers have it! Wooo!
    It's annoying when it goes off before combat for no reason

The ICD is so short it doesn't matter :P Not like that +Haste chance on healing trinket that is rumoured to have an ICD of 2 minutes.... what??????

Anyways, yeah my Shadow gear is 2 piece 391 and and 2 piece 378. The 391s are the Chest and gloves.... and the way loot works in my guild I won't see Heroic OS loot for Shadow for a long time... so I'll probably have to rely on BH to get 2 set at this point.

I'm not the swing healer anymore so I'm in no rush to optimize my Shadow gear. (:

Deleted
    The ICD is so short it doesn't matter :P Not like that +Haste chance on healing trinket that is rumoured to have an ICD of 2 minutes.... what??????
    Yeah that's what I heard as well, I'm not sure if Shard of Woe could potentially be better than one of the trinkets but I started playing priest midway through T12 (fast learner :P) I don't know if I can persuade the other officers in my guild to go do sinestra on an offnight or something even though a BoT clear takes like 45 minutes, we have enough trouble organising a 1 hour Firelands run once per week to get our 4th legendary so we can cheese spine with haxdps
    Last edited by mmoc700620a63e; 2011-12-30 at 07:56 PM.

SoW got nerfed. I'm personally going for the Spirit trinket and the +heal proc. I heard the healing proc is amazing.

Might nab the +Haste proc trinket simply for the added Intellect on it for Disc, but the Spirit might balance that out - not sure. I look forward to testing it though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=33734670

Spine gloves as offpiece, as they're 6 item levels higher. Seal of the Seven Signs is going to give you more throughput than Windward Heart too, especially since Windward Heart only procs on crits.

Deleted
    Yeah but raid healing as holy or disc I'm still critting at least 1 target close to 100% of the time anyway, I never focus on tank healing.
    @Ashleycakez
    I prefer clickie/static buff trinkets like the heart of unliving to proc ones, it could go off at some shitty time and not be up when i need it most.

Anyway I'm off for the weekend, visiting family etc so have a good one you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    @Ashleycakez
    I prefer clickie/static buff trinkets like the heart of unliving to proc ones, it could go off at some shitty time and not be up when i need it most.
    As do I for healing but the raw Intellect on that trinket might be better for Disc, than the lower amount of Int on HoU and the +Spirit. I don't know the answer to that though. Healing trinkets never drop for my guild anyways ):

I've heard great things about Windward heart (20-25s icd vs 120 on Seven Signs) - able to crit, scales with spellpower, smart heal... I think ideally I would roll HoU + Windward as disc. While the spirit is perhaps unecessary; it will allow for reforging out of a boatload of spirit for more secondary stats. Not exactly sure if the ~194 int loss & hasteproc loss going NHoU vs HSevenSigns is worth it, but 880 extra secondary stats to play around seems tough to passup.

Deleted
    Since this was susposed to be a BiS list there sure is a lot of non related stuff here. Anyway why would a BiS disc list contain 4 tier pieces when the 4 set is utter useless as disc and there r offset pieces which has way better stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithranlas View Post
    Since this was susposed to be a BiS list there sure is a lot of non related stuff here. Anyway why would a BiS disc list contain 4 tier pieces when the 4 set is utter useless as disc and there r offset pieces which has way better stats?
    Which pieces has "way better stats"?... While the 4set may not be great it is a free bonus and therefore shouldn't be ignored.

Also this is what BiS looks like fully raid buffed:
    http://chardev.org/?profile=301208

There really isn't much point in discussing BiS though as there is only 1 item per slot in DS. Heck the BiS cloak is the Valor one, that's how poor the itemization is.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-12-30 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted
    From my point of view the 4 set (atleast in 10 man) is too RNG to be usefull and the stats on most tier pieces r shit for disc 10 man. I am going for the chest + shoulders of morchok and gloves ( think they r from ultraxion?) so the only tier pieces i would go for would be legs and head. If i went for the 4 set it would def fuck up my rapture procs due to the rng nature of it.

Deleted
    can confirm that windward heart is sick, check the log I linked earlier, the heal is called nick of time, crits like 75k
    def taking it over seal anyday

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    can confirm that windward heart is sick, check the log I linked earlier, the heal is called nick of time, crits like 75k
    def taking it over seal anyday
    On the log you linked, it did 2.4% of your overall healing for Hagara. Average normal 'hit' was 29k, crit was 48.7k. It healed 7 times over a 7:12 fight. It's really not that great. 20 seconds of over 3k haste on a phase such as Zon'ozz phase 2 is going to benefit you far more than a random 50k heal.

but the problem is the ICD of 2mins, theres just no chance, you can time it to procc when its needed, you just have to hope it is needed at specific moments (about every 2min 15 in the fight) and thats just crappy. when it proccs, its great, its a ton of haste, but there's nearly no way to steer it, apart from keeping an eye on the ICD, and not healing to not procc it to early oO ...

I'm not so sure about the 120 second ICD. Just after looking at guild logs for a couple minutes I've found seal proccing at an interval of 115 seconds. Given the 15% proc rate, I'm willing to bet ICD is a bit shorter than that.

Anyway, average uptime seems to be more in the neighborhood of 17%. The proc is 2904 haste for 20 sec - that's 23% haste during the proc. Time averaging that, though: .17 * 23% = 4%. Seal averages a 4% haste gain. If even half the procs come at useful moments, you get a 4% gain in HPS. If all of them come at appropriate times (when you can spam heals freely) it'll give you more than that, overall. On the flip side, if it times poorly against the encounter it's not very good.

WH is really slightly behind that throughput-wise (I'm seeing 2-4%). That said, WH is free healing while seal is mana neutral. Same old tradeoff. If you're valuing haste for the particular encounter, Seal is your strongest trinket of the 3.

Personally, I will go like this:
    - If I'm holy and it's a long fight: HoU + WH
    - If I'm holy and it's a short fight, or if I'm disc: WH + Seal
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-01-01 at 04:18 PM.